How often do you rewick you RTA/RDTA/RDA?

Dammit! I KNEW I shoulda ordered some 28 gauge SS wire when I placed my last order with LV! Oh, well…Black Friday’s a comin’!

3 Likes

All this talk of rewicking and Such made me do mine a little early, 3 weeks instead of 4 :rofl: so here’s a pick of them after a balance burn.

Not perfect I know but not to bad for me!

4 Likes

I’m sure you could use some 30 or 26.

3 Likes

26 gauge gets the resistance in the weeds. I’ve got some 32 gauge, tho…I wonder what would happen if you did 4 strands of twisted…? BRB, gotta go charge the DeWalt!

4 Likes

Tell you what give me a few and I will do a pictorial.

4 Likes

love the “chain effect” - i tried different variations too (2x2 or 2x1 or 3x3) and it’s great as long as we can manage the resistance of the resulting wire.

on wicking, i just posted my own wicking method here (works with cotton pads, Muji, KJD…etc) - i’m really not sure if it helps with the durability of the wick. i think it should - since it helps the wick stay saturated - i’m happier if more of you guys enjoy it as much as i do

regardless of wicking method or material, i rewick once i feel flavor is muted or get burnt taste, could be next day or in 2 weeks, and this depends largely on what’s in the juices i rotate on that tank.

2 Likes

I’ve had a glaze on my coils when I vaped something that has toasted marsh tfa in the juice. It was pretty bad. Almost like a burnt marshmallow for real. This flavor also had chocolate in it as well.

2 Likes

Bookmarked the Shredder Method for later-Thanks!

3 Likes

once a month

3 Likes

I typically change wicks and clean coils once per day on my most used tanks (currently Freemax Fireluke) I use it more than 50% of the time and the other 3 or 4 tanks in the rotation can go several days. I start to notice diminished taste and vapor and so I change it. I am also a big fan of the Puff cotton. I get it locally at Mitsuwa Japanese Market. Its $5.99 regular price, I have gotten it for $3.99 on sale. I get the large size sheets which more easily accommodate large coils. More recently I have really been liking Cotton King brand cotton too.

2 Likes

When my cotton starts to get tan to light brown I change it. Or if I get any slight burnt flavor. I also dont vape at high wattages. I like a cool vape vs warm or hot.

5 Likes

what gage should be used for dual coils?

2 Likes

I still use the 28 gauge. Depending one wraps I usually wind up at about .2

1 Like

Do you think the flavor is better than with fused claptons?
Steve

2 Likes

Most definitely, I have run a bunch of different Clapton builds through a bunch of different attys and find the chain link provides much better flavor.

1 Like

That’s all I need to know thank you brother gonna make some right now!
Steve

2 Likes

Sweet! I know you’ll like them!

1 Like

I’ve tried various twisted builds but never your’s. Closest I guess would be vertibraid from Advance Vape. I always get popping and spit back. Any advice?

1 Like

I am wrapping the first one right now

1 Like

Popping and spitback… generally, wattage too high, not enough cotton, or perhaps juice has absorbed a bit of moisture from long storage in plastic bottles. That’s just generally speaking though.

4 Likes