How often should steeping juices breath

I normally mix / 15 min hot bath/ 30 minute breath and put in a humidor
and I take my little mixer and mix them up every few days. Should I be breathing them more?

Personally I never intentionally air out my mixes beyond my mixing session. Since I mix 15 or so recipes every couple of weeks…I mix a recipe, loosely cap, go to the next, and so on…then I put stuff away, then distribute nic to each bottle in rapid succession. Then a slight warm water bath just enough to warm the vg to make it easier to shake. Then everything goes to the dark cool place to steep for 3-6 weeks.

I mix a lot of FA fruits, inw, flv, and mf. I’ve never really had an issue with my method.

1 Like

If I’m mixing up more than 1 juice, I’ll add all the ingredients to the bottles (I don’t heat things up, so I put nic in first in each of the bottles I’m mixing for (this process lets me handle the nic just once per mixing session). After all the things I’m going to mix have been made, I’ll go from one to the next with my frother. “Normally” I will just cap each one with the dripper and the top afterwards, but occasionally if I had frothed the mix until it had turned “milky”, I’ll wait until the color clears prior to installing the drip tip and cap.
I don’t go around shaking the bottles daily or heating nor anything like that. If I remember about the juice I might go back after a few days and just give it a quick shake as I look to see what is in my steeping drawer. Other than that I just leave things alone until I want to vape it.

2 Likes

Thanks Chris appreciate the help!

I like the idea of adding the Nic to more then one bottle at the same time
great idea I like your method I’m going to be mixing today I’ll try your way thanks

2 Likes

For me it works, I look at it as the nic is the most expensive product, if I mess up somehow (read that as brainfart), I can always dump the nic into the original bottle again and restart… I know some people say they wait until after things had steeped prior to adding the nic or wait until the end after mixing everything else, but I (at least in my mind), think if I screw up, I’d rather do it with flavorings (I can normally deal with more flavor).

1 Like

I did some mixing yesterday … your way and I’m glad I did. I did the nic as you do (first)
and fucked it up I didn’t tare my scale I had no idea how much I put in, I simply dumped it all back in the nic bottle and re-did it
I’m a believer in your method Tut
Steve

3 Likes