How to clean?

A 50/50 solution of hydrogen peroxide and white vinegar works great for leading and copper removal in firearm barrels. It melts that crap in seconds.

4 Likes

I found this online:
Usually, both parallel and serial batteries drain almost equally. Parallel batteries have a better self-correction if they donā€™t drain equally than serial batteries.
Any differences caused in unequal drain is caused by a difference between the cells.

So the question really is, are your batteries of good quality, do you have this effect with different married packs? If the answer is yes, then this corrosion is very likely why they discharge at different rates.

3 Likes

ok ive tried everthing and still this is
how it looks

im almost thinking its supposed to be so if snyone knows someone witb the same type please confirm i believe @JoJo may have one

2 Likes

Iā€™m thinking youā€™re missing a magnet at this point.

Perhaps it didnā€™t get drilled out deep enough, so they couldnā€™t put one in? :thinking: /shrugs

3 Likes

thats not a magnet , its flush as well but it is bugging me lol ( not completely flush )

2 Likes

perhaps the pic? but looks as if u are missing a contact on left, not familiar w/ mod, not that it matters

3 Likes

I looked it up, u can run it dual or single batt. Can u get it over 75 watts? if not u are missing a contact. Retrace your steps as u look on the ground :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

ill check that contact would have the be very then but ill test it

1 Like

i vacuum practically everyday so that would be very doubtful , but funny

1 Like

omg i just put batts in , crown top with a stock .25 coil and the ohms are reading .43 , i put watts up to 80 and its hitting hmmmmm, im going to try the single batt and see what that does , but the battery compartments dont dictate the ohm reading so i wonder if it a problem with circuit board

1 Like

not exactly sure when the board will say enuff is enuff

2 Likes

Sounds like itā€™s time to go mod shopping!

2 Likes

ya i still have 3 aliens and a kbox120 i just opened a couple weeks ago so im ok , but yes you are right im also trying to hold off till black friday , i have a couple ive wanted for awhile , im always behind when it comes to hardware

2 Likes

Iā€™d have to agree with @Sprkslfly and @worm1, looks like a missing contact to me brother. Thatā€™s unfortunate, but at least u have backups :+1:t2:

4 Likes

i cant believe how thin that contact is and i think you guys are right i cant even scrape the black off , would the contact throw off the ohm readings as well ?

2 Likes

vinegar or an eraser

2 Likes

No brother, wut we r saying is that we donā€™t think itā€™s a corroded contact but that the contact completely fell out. It appears to be gone IMO. Between all the cleaning methods we should be seeing some copper by now man, so I think it just fell out somewhere along the line.

5 Likes

As for the ohm reading, no the contacts r just dealing with your batteries. The chip in the device handles the info it gets from the 510 pin and the contacts wouldnā€™t effect thatšŸ‘šŸ»

5 Likes

No. Just affects the battery portion.
EDIT: WRONG! (to me: keep digging Sherlockā€¦ Lol)
/edit

The impedance is read by the chipset, and goes through the ā€œtop componentsā€ (to keep it simple)

e

Thatā€™s a missing contact point. The material youā€™re seeing (trying to clean) is not oxidation. Itā€™s the base material where the contact rests. =(

5 Likes

Iā€™m not sure what that is but I am pretty sure I donā€™t have one. I have evic VTC Minis, a WR, and a VT133. And an old Dovpo TC-50 that I donā€™t use. Looking at the first pic you posted, thereā€™s definitely a piece missing and it looks like a chunk out of the metal/plastic on that side. Did it get dropped? Iā€™m not an engineer by any stretch of the imagination, but it seems like itā€™d make sense that itā€™d cause some problems if it was broken.

4 Likes