How to get the best flavor

That’s a good point there! It’s all about matching power, amount of heating material, amount of wicking material, airflow size and chamber size. In my experience, smaller ID coils don’t work as well on RDAs mostly because the RDA’s chamber is significantly more spacious. If your coils get too big for the chamber and airflow, the flavour gets munched and muddy; if your coils are too small it obviously gets whispy. I believe there is a (subjective) optimum for those factors, but due to differing measurements and such, my tries at modelling / mapping the factors out and finding their conjunction have failed. :frowning: Back to trial and error :sweat_smile:

7 Likes

This is phenomenal …and is the foremost factor that is missed, from every related question, on every related forum, in EVERY related fashion.

It may be simple science, and it is…and as simple as it is, gets overlooked in all the hype of every new device that get’s thrown on the market to the un-aware.
Newer is better…improved is better…the ad says it’s better…so it must be.

I won’t list the 100’s …but I ask this for those with experience using the Velocity [aside from the posts, that are awesome] Why is the v2 more flavorful than the v1 and the mini ? They are the same, sort of, right? When you learn that difference, you will KNOW what @Naseschwarz is speaking about.
Then apply that knowledge to any atty you wish to buy. Then you will also know how to get the best flavor.

Do yourself a favor, and bookmark his post, and don’t forget about it, refer to it and share it…and re-read it to stay fresh. It may well give you the best vape you ever had, save you money from chasing the newest trends marketed [and following the Jones’].

Let me reiterate…per @Naseschwarz
" It’s all about matching power, amount of heating material, amount of wicking material, airflow size and chamber size."

I could not agree more, being a retired engineer, nor could I have said it better in a ozo mini novel.

Kudos, @Naseschwarz

4 Likes

@RusUSA, i just made it public so you can check it out. it’s work in progress, but v1 was already nice.
i’m not an expert but i think the HiLIQ Mango Sorbet can be subbed with some sweet mango, cooler and cream - i didn’t use it in v1 and used regular TPA Mango. i just like it so thought to bring it in v2 - currently steeping. if you improve on this pls share back - maybe in PM

Thanks for the praise @ozo! This insight has indeed cost me quite some money over time… and I still fall for new atties :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: but only if they’re somewhat orignial. Love looking at new atties in pictures and try to figure out how everything works together and whether it’d be a useful addition or not.

Cheers!

2 Likes

Honestly if you do a dual10 wrap of .28 kanthal at 3mm it will come to .75. You should be able to vape that comfortable on any device you own. That will give you flavor as well.

1 Like

Also having more power is great too. Not discounting the power.

I use a dual 26/32 -6 clapton build on a Fuchai 213 watt box mod it has a preheat feature that allows me to fire the coils faster to compensate for the higher resistance of a dual clapton build, works really nicely at 150 watts ramp up
then 80 watts vaping wattage

1 Like

My mod recently got a firmware update that includes a preheat function. I never used it before, so is the idea to set it higher than the actual wattage you vape at?. I use SS and Ti wire and should receive some SS clapton wire tomorrow.

yes it fires at 120 watts for 0.10 seconds or higher if desired

I’ll have to try it out and see what it’s like. Cheers :thumbsup:

1 Like

if you start the video at time 7:34 (it will take you right to what I was taking about)

I just thought of something … I think it’s only in power mode (possibly)

Mine has the preheat for TC coils. I don’t really use power mode that often. At least I have an idea how to set it now :slight_smile:

Awesome, you might want to check out you tube mabe there’s a tutorial on how to set it up
good luck

1 Like

From my personal experience, I think that spaced coil in my Merlin Mini (single deck and 1.2mm insulator for MTL experience) gives me the best flavour and little better throat hit from my e-liquid in contrast with contact coil (I use 28 gauge Kanthal A1 with 3mm core).

2 Likes