How to make bounty bar

thank you everyone for your input. I haven’t got some of the flavours to mix it up. once I do I will mix it and let you know how I went .

Did you dilute the whole mix down a little?
Do you have any other coconut that you can add into a diluted mix?

At higher % I get a plastic taste you may find 3% is too high for you. it is a fairly strong flavor.

it was a 30/70 mix in a 10ml bottle
yeah I get hat taste too

no just that coconut extra I have 81 flavours is there any at yo can look at my flavour list and suggest something to put in or what % to do the flavours

Try adding a little more pg/vg just to drop the % of the flav you have in there.

If you split the mix into 2 10 ml bottles (5ml) each and add say 1.5 ml of pg/vg it should dilute your whole mix and bring all the flav down a touch (always easier to start a new mix with flav on the low side).

Mind you what works for me may not work for you.

If you edit the rec and make it public and make your stash public I can have a peak at it

I made my stash public
ill do the recipe now

Cool

Ok working with your recipe i would actually bring it down a bit more than 30% i would dilute it 35-40 % add in .5% - 1% Marshmallow (TPA) and .25% malted milk.

Now I just want to stress this is what I would try and it is what is right for me you will have to play with the % to make it right for you.

The result would be something around

This isn’t the Mounds (American Bounty Bar), but it’s brother Almond Joy… one of my favorites.

Almond Joy

Ingredient %
Almond (FA) 0.8
Coconut (FA) 0.5
Cream (Flavorah) 1
Dark Chocolate (MF) 0.8
Hazel Grove (Hazelnut) (FA) 0.4
Meringue (FA) 1
Sweet Coconut (Flavorah) 1

Flavor total: 5.5%

Remember to rate it at e-liquid-recipes.com!

Just drop your nuts… lol

1 Like

thankyou ill give that recipe try how long do you suggest I steep it for.

Cream will take a bit of time 2-4 weeks - it will still need adjustments I suspect but you can taste along the way to see how it is travelling

1 Like

did you make this recipe public

No it was just an adjustment I made working on diluting your original recipe by 35%

If I was to do it I would even up the % a little

I made the one you posted and it tasted better

1 Like

hi woftam I tried the recipe that you put up still a little bit of a plastic taste but was much better could you suggest what to tweak to get a better flavour
it as the one that you tweaked my recipe to make it better
I just made that recipe I didn’t tweak mine

Let it steep a while longer before you try to make any changes to it.

it as only small bottle and it has steeped for 16 days. it as only occasionally tastes funny

Maybe you react to one of the flavors in said recipe. I know i don’t tolerate everything flavor wise.
So could it be that you and chocolate for instance doesn’t mix well? Or you and malted milk? Or you are sensitive to coconut?
I don’t really know, just throwing ideas out there.
My initial advice still stands, let it steep one more week before you get back to it and if it at that point gives you any off flavors it might be that you kind of sense some flavors differently.

I think it might be a little too much coconut its not to bad ill make a new batch and let it steep for weeks this time see how that goes
thankyou :smile:

1 Like

You are welcome.

Steeoing is the key the choc takes about 3 weeks to fully come in the coconut should be the main note but if it is too strong you could dial it back a little by adding a little more pg/vg. but as Fenrir said wait a week if it is still nqr dilute it a little more maybe 5-10% but dilute it to your taste a little at a time.