How to make PG-free Strawberries and Cream?

I think you mean the aforementioned Stawbery Milkshake? I tried the Plunderdrum Impatience Method with that one *chuckle * , and found that after 2-3 days it is utterly revolting! But, a week later, it’s starting to taste pretty good. So I believe you! (But I have had quite enough of being you for now! )

I have now put it back in it’s dark drawer, and it’s not coming out again for at least another 2 weeks . I wanrt to taste it at it’s best, next time :slight_smile:

1 Like

Haha! No, I was talking about my own recipe posted up there^ (Strawberry Cream #2,576,001), I don’t have the strawberry milkshake, yet! And, I promise, I didn’t make up that hot water bath/breathing overnight method, (which I’m not doing anymore :slight_smile: I’m just shaking the bottle and tossing it in the drawer now. I’ll try them out the next morning, 3 days, a week, 2 weeks, etc, unless it’s a cheesecake or chocolate, I know those need time. But, my new grape cream recipe is amazing me after just sitting til morning. No heat needed. You be you!! Haha! Let me know how it goes after another 2 weeks.

2 Likes

Oooh, I hope you’re going to post that Grape Cream recipe? The Strawberyr cream has far too many ingredients that I don’t yet possess. :frowning:
I know you didn’t exactly invent the Plunderdrum Impatience Method. But, heck, it’s fun to tease you about it. :grin:

1 Like

Haha! Right on :slight_smile: here’s that grape cream, but it might need a few extra days if you go pg-free, but should translate well if you have these flavors. This one was magic overnight at 30/70. It’s much happier than the novel it was named for!
http://tjek.nu/r/dT0L

2 Likes

Thank you! Hmmm, all I need now is the Meyer Lemon Juice (which I never heard of! before) and the Marshmallow (might be slightly tricky to get over here) . I’ve steered clear of Marshmallow flavours thus far, just because I once tried a marshmallow flavour from Virgin Vapor and hated it. I’ve steered clear of coffee flavours, same reason, BTW. Hmm that’s prolly unfair, though. I don’t suppose they all taste disgusting and nothing whatsover like coffee. The marshmallow TBH, did taste rather marshmallowy but the juice was too sickly-sweet for my tastes.

1 Like

It’s really just lemon juice. Meyer lemon is a hybrid of a lemon and mandarin orange, but it’s mostly just a lemon. It was randomly the only kind of lemon we had in the house when I decided to squeeze and strain it for mixing. I had been reading that a few drops of lemon juice could help prop up some fruit concentrates, and it turns out to work really well! I strained it a couple of times through a paper towel, put it in a 15ml dropper bottle, and use it to help strawberries and peaches, now grape! Citric acid is the magic there.

2 Likes

Ah! that doesn’t exactly help us to replicate the recipe(S) does it? :rofl: Ya know what I was just doing…?
A) googling Meyer Lemon Juice, and finding out it ain’t a brand but a type of lemon.
b) looking at bottles of same on sale and wondering WTF concentration of WTF brand?
C) checking out the flavour on here…and finding out it’s been used in eight different recipes.
D) yeah, you guessed , all eight are by Plunderdrum
E) seriously toying with the notion of starting a thread entitled " What’s with the Meyer Lemon Juice?" . My first line was gonna be " I think I’d better rephrase that. I actually do know what’s with the Meyer Lemon Juice [insert very long list of NF, MF and RF flavours] but…"
F) suddenly…Oh! I notice a reply on here think and think to myself "Oh! Dammiit. Plunderdrum just got saved by the bell… What a terrible waste of creative thinking/cheap ribbing on my part. * cheesey grin *

2 Likes

PS, Do you think RFSC lemon might work OK, instead? but at what concentration?
PPS, I think you should start a thread entitled “What’s with the Meyer Lemon Juice” or similar grin Then post a link to said thread in your recipe notes. . It might save someone else one heckova runaround!

However, I really gtota admire the energy you’ve put into creating all these recipes and posting them. And thank you very much for the same :slight_smile: I have zero right to grumble, ofc.

1 Like

I’m sorry I put you through all of that! I have added a comment on the recipe for future readers!

2 Likes

You could probably go without the MM, maybe up the sweet cream % a little, or any other sweetener you like, if you like any. I started using flavors as sweeteners recently after reading up on it here. Wasn’t really going for a MM note, just adding a little thick sweetness to the cream. My wife loves virgin vapors, btw! She’s all about the florals, though, not big on desserts or coffees. Im saving up to get MF Jasmine for her. That stuff is expensive, and they don’t seem to let the vendors carry it.

2 Likes

I’d like to replicate your recipe as closely as possible, before messing round with my own variations(.that’s assuming I like it! ) so i will try to get the NF marshmallow.

You know how it goes? one tiny, seemingly insignificant, change of ingredients can completely ruin a recipe. That might be a risk worth taking,but hey! not before I know how the recipe is meant to taste like! or else i might unjustly blame the god-awful taste on you.

As an example, few days ago, I added just a couple of drops of RFSC lemon to their cola flavour … and the freaking cola flavour vanished! That was not my intention! (my intention was to replicate the hint of lemon you get when you float a slice of lemon on the top) That said, i think the cola flavout is on it’s way back now. (and I have now stuffed it back in the old dark drawer to give time a chance to work it;'s magic)

Point is, I would rather not do that two little drops of ninja lemon thing (nor anything remotely analogous) to your recipe!

I’ll prolly even try squeezing my own lemon for the recipe But, sadly, it won’t be Meyer lemon (I’ve never seen that round here)

I’m totally with you , as regards using natural flavours as sweeteners. I’ve got brown sugar flavouring my armoury, and mango on my shopping list, for that very reason. And I didn’t let the fact that I find Mango itself sickly-sweet put me off!
I was just happily admmitting my natural -born idiocy, with regard to the MM chuckle . Obviously, if I want to use a flavour as a sweetener, it had better be sickly sweet as the dominant note!

2 Likes

Ah ha gotcha ! Well I am super happy you’ve gotten some recipes that are holding your interests.

2 month update: This recipe held up nicely sitting for almost 2 months. No fade issues. I did hike the SB % up, but it works here.
http://tjek.nu/r/cy5a

3 Likes