How to remove bad nicotine taste from my tanks?

A couple of months ago, I made several Ejuice recipes, not realizing that my nicotine liquid had gone bad. VERY bad. They tasted strongly of rancid rubber and I had to throw all of them out. However, two of my tanks (Vaporesso Veco Ones) now have that taste and I can’t get it out. Every juice I fill them with now tastes rubbery, even though they taste fine in the untainted tanks. I’ve thoroughly cleaned them, soaked them in alcohol, and of course I threw out those coils. Nothing has helped. I can replace the glass and o-rings, but as far as I can tell I would have to order those from one of the Chinese sites. Any suggestions on other methods I could try would be much appreciated.

1 Like

Try a soak in vinegar & water overnight it should help a little.

3 Likes

Add sodium bicarbonate to the vinegar! :wink:
(White wine vinegar+sodium bicarbonate)

5 Likes

Someone recommended Arm and Hammer Super Washing Soda awhile back for a similar problem and I tried it. Works great. I use it in a ultrasonic cleaner for everything.

3 Likes

Thanks to all of you! I will try the vinegar today, but it’s 9 degrees below zero here, so I’ll have to wait to get to the store for the other things. I appreciate the help, I really can’t afford to be throwing out otherwise decent tanks.

1 Like

Super washing soda. Let soak 20 min or so. Rinse well. Lube o rings with vg. I tried vinegar and everything else except nitric acid and either it didn’t work or left an odor. Super washing soda is tops. From arm & hammer. It’s in the laundry detergent section. Use about 1 T in a pint of hot water. Stir until dissolved. Drop in your parts and let soak. Agitate occasionally. Rinse with hot water. Let dry.

2 Likes

Greetings Elissa01! Salutations from across the Realms! :bird: :peace_symbol::heart: & (caw). For years my go to solution has been this: After a thorough washing of the broken down parts with hot water I use PG to clean the atty and a hot water rinse. In the case of extremely stubborn odor, or taste, I then THOROUGHLY clean the atty with the cheapest Vodka I can buy. :slight_smile: Over the years I have come to prefer cheap Vodka for the removal of stubborn flavors or odors in an atty. I have even soaked the offending devices in cheap Vodka overnight and re-cleaned. Excluding certain cheap Watermelon flavorings, or over the top Menthol, it usually works well for me. I just keep an old, cleaned out, 30ml dropper bottle with cheap Vodka in it and use it as needed. Good luck with savings your tanks! :bird: :peace_symbol: :heart: & (caw)

3 Likes