How to transfer liquid from 1L bottle to 30ml

Hi guys, lately I mix my juice in big bottles (1L or so) and the problem I have now is how to transfer all that juice into the tiny hole of a 30ml plastic bottle, how do you guys do it?

Cheers

The chosen method would have to be cleaned between f flavors, so something easy to wash completely and easily filled from a 1L jug . You can buy HDPE. clear plastic condiment bottles normally used for say ketchup and mustard. The opening is larger and the nozzle type caps should help quickly fill a dozen 30ml bottles with each filing. and be easy to clean…and easy to find at a store right now. If your1L bottle was soft you could just look for a screw on nozzle cap, but that be a little heavy and clumsy when full

1 Like

i made my own little 30 ml funnel with 2 threaded ends - i just made another and I happened to take pictures if you want to see them lmk

But it looks like

If I fill it to the brim it is exactly 30 ml then you just squeeze the bottom bottle a few times and it gets sucked into it _ i am going to try a paper clip down the hole as mentioned in another thread.

4 Likes

The condiment bottle idea should work. I pour my VG and PG into some 8 oz condiment bottles for easier dispensing when I mix. I also use these.

https://www.sciplus.com/p/35MM-FUNNEL_43437

They’re dainty little things, fit perfectly into a 10, 30, or 50 mil bottle but you’ll have to go slow and pour carefully. Then there’s these.

They’re bigger but make an empty 10 or 30 mil very top heavy and don’t drain well with thicker liquids, you’d have to use the squeezy/sucking trick Woftam mentioned.

2 Likes

Ok, I’m going to try those methods, thanks guys!!

2 Likes

Don’t know what part of the world you are from? I get mine from Lubrisolve in the Uk in 500ml LDPE bottles as they are easier to squeeze. I am sure they are readily available all over the world and ebay maybe a good place to look also.

2 Likes

Im living in Korea, here supplies are very limited. Usually order through Fasttech, but they dont have 500ml needle tip bottles…

1 Like

Lubrisolve do ship to Korea by the looks of it, had a quick look at the exchange rate, seems a lot of won to the UK pound? but looks about 18500 won for 5 bottles shipped to South Korea (about £13 gbp), I don’t know if that seems good to you? I can certainly pay by paypal here in the Uk as well, so may accept that form of payment from abroad as well?

1 Like

a paperclip hung through the mouth of the bottle to break the air lock caused by the funnel will help

3 Likes

Not sure if you have access to Amazon, but you can get irrigation syringes (60ml), either Luer-lock and get 12ga blunt needles, or just get the catheter-tip syringes (no needle needed).
You can also use crown-tip bottles (like condiment bottles)

3 Likes

thanks guys, amazing info!!!

Cheers!!

1 Like

There are also these type of funnels that have a crease in the spout, to avoid airlock.

2 Likes

There are these OXO funnels, with silicone strips that not only
‘grip’, but allow air out as you pour in. Comes with a strainer insert also.

Or a funnel pitcher/measuring cup

1 Like