How's everybody building their kayfun v5

Yes… I stand with @sirgalvid1 on his suggestions. One that test fires your atomizer as well, is the heat. I have the 521 TAB mini version; wouldn’t be without it!

You mean the 521 right? This is the one I’m thinking of getting. Yes, has a fire mode to fire coil. This one seems to be the most popular one for sale on ebay and Amazon.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/252812700765

Anyway, I got that Kayfun 5 clone tank today. First coil I made was .53ohm according to my mod reading and on my multi meter. Wicked it up, put together, filled it up. After 2 minutes, man it was leaking juice out of air flow vents, bad leak. So, I took it all appart, cleaned it all out, rewicked with more cotton this time, and so far, it’s ok. It does taste awesome though. Much better than anything I have so far. But, for now, until I get better at this, it’s a stay at home RTA. Not something I can trust putting in my pocket, even if I close off the juice flow.

1 Like

Indeed! Fat finger error on my part… edited! :wink:

The leaking issue after top filling has been a slight issue with my V3’s but not so much with my V5. I’m wondering if the leaking issue, upon filling, is the O-ring which should block the juice flow to the deck? Perhaps that O-ring is not quite large enough in diameter to completely block the juice flow… the downward pressure of the top cap pushing juice past the O-ring, being the culprit. :thinking:

I’m a rayon wick guy… so, the more rayon, the merrier, is usually my moto. :grin:

Good luck on your V5… I love mine and most other RTA’s I own have been on vacation since my Kayfuns arrived. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Hey guys I managed to make coil on my kayfun v5 which has 2.2 ohms I am enjoying the flavour and the build overall but from what I am see from your build noone has this much ohms. Can someone please explain me what is wrong on high ohm build? :smiley: I am using Kanthal A1 28GA. Thank you in advance.

1 Like

There isn’t anything wrong with a high ohm build if thats how you vape.
A high ohm build will take a while to heat up and give you your vape, but if you lowered the ohm’s a bit you ,imo, would get a better vape.
I use 316l stainless steel 24g, 7 wraps, 2.5mm ID and that ohm’s out at 0.48, gives a great mtl vape.
The battery life on a 2.2 ohm build will last alot longer that if you have a 0.48 ohm build in too, but it’s entirely up to you, as long as were not smoking cigarettes, then it works. :+1:

3 Likes

i have a parallel ss316l coil in my k5 mini. 5 wraps and comes out at 0.25Ω. 35-40w on my vapour flask classic with cinnamon cookie. and a single coil with same specs in my big k5 which come out at 0.46Ω. 30-35w and it has mastiha custard in it.

2.5mm 10-12 wraps (not sure exactly/not important - enough to cover the air hole), contact coil, 30G SS316L, approx 1.8-2.1 Ohms.

Running at 10W (!) with complete flavour nuances. 12W highlights different aspects of the flavour combo, 15W more highlights to different flavours. 17.5W just starts getting hot, and 30W needs fully open AFC and DL ONLY - MTL is cough-city at 30W. So I run at 10W and my 18650 (singular) lasts all day at work (although I have to refill the tank once maybe twice depending how late I finish)

Interestingly my KF5 is my backup for my UTA2. Although the UTA2 is half out of ten more fiddly to build than the KF5, it has the same flavour, tighter airflow, and half the juice consumption of the KF5…