Hurricane Vapor selling their recipes

That can’t be right, it doesn’t add up to 100%. But it’s really late so i leave you to find the mistake yourself, i have to sleep now… good night!!

They are approximate values. If you add up the actual percents they do add up to 100.

Oh ok then… not going to bed i guess…
46.15+38.46+0.077+0.077=84.764

where did you get the 0.077 from? 1/13=7.69

0.4615384615 + 0.3846153846 + 0.07692307692 + 0.07692307692 = 0.9999999999

It is a little late after all…yes that should be 7.69 and not 0.07…forgot to change that one to percent. :stuck_out_tongue:

OK, really going to bed now. Tomorrow I’ll look at the whole thing again… and then probably apologize for my late night maths

1 Like

Ok well one of recipes uses 120 parts black honey…120 parts of 10ml is 12ml…it makes no sense at all as to how to understand and get a correct flavor percentage out of this unless you give 10ml (base) 100 parts.

It’s set to 100ml by default. If we knew how many parts that they were using to determine 100ml there wouldn’t be a problem…they could have 100,000 parts for 100ml or 1,000,000 parts

It’s 120 parts out of a total of 200 parts. So 60% of the base.

On another note, interesting they use almost all TPA flavors and a few ECX flavors. Also interesting, they list Vanilla Bean as a TPA flavor but the only straight vanilla bean TPA sells to consumers is in the fragrance line. I really hope they mean vanilla bean gelato or vanilla bean ice cream or french vanilla.

2 Likes

Ok, it’s pretty simple, use the 3rd column only, don’t worry about % because that is the %. Some of the recipes are correct as they are but others do have typos, like the one that has 120 parts black honey, that should read 12 parts. So create a recipe on elr and input the ingredient and use column c for the % all of the recipes that are 25% and under are probably normal recipes but a few are over 65% total flavor only and those are some type of weird concentrates. Either way myself, and a lot of my friends went in on the recipe book but by the time I received the book it was posted for free. I am not the only one that paid as I know of one other person who bought this and he still hasn’t received it yet.

In my opinion I still think I overpayed for a recipe book with typos, recipes that make no sense, etc… I’m only out 20 bucks as others went in on it with me but for some who payed 100$ I feel really bad for.

4 Likes

They also use tpa cheesecake vs cheesecake graham, which would taste very nasty.

It’s not a typo. They’re just using an odd way of representing their flavors. 120 parts of black honey in a 200 part recipe is 60%. So 60% of the flavor base is black honey. Yes if you leave it set to 100ml the “ml to add” column is basically your percent for a flavor base.

But if it were 120 it would make no sense that the other ingridents would be between 20 parts and 1 part as the black honey would completely demolish everything here.

Hey I’m not saying it’s a GOOD recipe, I’m just saying that what they put in the sheet adds up. LoL. Black honey (In my obviously very subjective opinion) isn’t really that strong. I guess I can see using it at that level. Now only using RY4 Double at 1% is a travesty…I’d at least half the black honey and up the RY4 for sure. But I’ve never had the juice and no way to know how accurate the recipes are in my case. Best I can suggest is to try it their way and see if it’s close to what you know they usually do.

When they sold liquid, do you know what the PG/VG % was? Cuz that could go a long way in deciding what amount of flavor they were using. If their liquids were a 30/70 blend then you could probably safely assume they were using 30% flavor base (or less I guess if they’re using PG nic but no real way to tell that.)

with all that sucralose the cheesecake flave might not be bad ???

2 Likes

I can confirm that I have now received the HV recipe file, that I had purchased from HV.

6 Likes

So if the black honey is 60% base then wouldn’t the flavor percent for that recipe be over 50% total flavor?

These are not e juice recipes, they are recipes to make flavor bases as jojo said. you can use my calculator to convert these to actual recipes if you know your target total flavor. enter each of the ML values as if they are percents the total of the column will be near 100, then change the target total flavor to 15 or whatever and see the magic.
here is stranana cheesecake:

converting that to 17% TF on my calculator gives these % in order:
so that’s the %s to add into ELR Recipe… pass the sugar :slight_smile:

Feel free to share this link

2 Likes

From someone on a Facebook group…

" I just got another e-mail from hurricane vapor saying this

"Please note we have been forced to shutdown early due to grossly unethical behavior by some in the vaping community.

For those that need calrification on the recipe book;

The recipe book is only designed to make flavoring only.

This recipe is to make the flavor portion of the juice only. Once you create a batch of flavoring, then you would decide how much flavor to add to your chosen nicotine base.

Step 1: Enter the amount of Flavoring you would like to make in the blue area on top.

Step 2: On the Column that says “HV Flavor” click the filter button and click Select All to uncheck all the flavors. Then click the filter button again and check mark the flavor you want to make. For example if you chose to make 100ml of that flavor, the end result would like this:

HV Flavor Flavor Name ml to add Supplier
Flavor Name Strawberry 34 Flavor Apprentice
Flavor Name Sweetener 23 Flavor Apprentice
Flavor Name Black Cherry 11 Flavor Apprentice
Flavor Name Brown Sugar 11 Flavor Apprentice
Flavor Name Vanilla Bourbon 11 Flavor Apprentice
Flavor Name French Vanilla Deluxe 5 Flavor Apprentice
Flavor Name Koolada 5 Flavor Apprentice

You would use the column “ML to add” to make 100ml of that flavoring.

Step 3: You would then take the flavoring you just created and add it to your chosen nicotine base. Generally 15% of flavoring to 85% of nicotine base is best. So if you wanted to make 30ml of final juice you would put 4.5ml of the flavor in 25.5ml of nicotine base.

NOTE: The file is dependent on formulas that consider all columns. If you delete or change anything, you will not be making the correct recipe"

2 Likes

Thank you. It’s insane people actually paid 100$ though for something that has to be “solved”…

I would at least make the recipes simple enough for people to understand without having to go through multiple calculators and countless questions…most have already gave up trying to figure this shit out and are just waiting for the math wizards to solve it

is the unethical part posting for free the recipe book ???