I QUIT Smoking by VAPING. The DATE, My STORY

Hello fellow vapers!
I bought my last pack of ciggerettes four pay checks ago (i finished my last ciggerette three weeks ago), i tapered down from an entire pack of ciggs a day to one cigg a day to none. i have two mods right now, a eleaf starter kit i purchased on ebay and a kamry 2.0 that a gentleman gave me a while back.
I began researching quitting as i was tired of forking my money out to kill myself, a chart popped up during a google search that showed how much i spend daily, weekly, monthly, yearly, per five, ten and twenty years. The cost over twenty years was over Sixty thousand dollarsā€¦ That was it.
I figured i could continue forking my money out daily to eventually kill myself or start saving that cash for something, like a homeā€¦ I think i have inspired a few people so far or have at least peaked their interest.
I do not miss smoking, not at allā€¦ I purchased $40.00 worth of stuff from the ecig website today, a syringe, 10 pipettes, liquid nic, 15 flavours and some pg/vg, so excited to get it this week and start making my own juice!!! I know ill perfect it eventually :):smiley:
Good luck to all and have a great day.
Thanks for having me.
Tara

14 Likes

Awesome job Tara :tada:

Thanks for being here! :smiley:

3 Likes

Welcome to the club Tara. Congrats on quitting.

3 Likes

Congrats and welcome home to ELR!!

4 Likes

Congratulations, and welcome to elr.

1 Like

Another excellent addition to the ā€˜benefits of vapingā€™ list.

Welcome & well done, Tara

3 Likes

Congratulations, @trcallahan , and welcome. Good luck to you, and i hope you have fun mixing.

3 Likes

Glad youā€™re ā€œstill with usā€, and that you found the answer to getting off the smokes!

Hope you enjoy your stay, and donā€™t get discouraged. Itā€™s a long and winding road, but the rewards are immense, and very fulfilling!

Thereā€™s so many ways to approach this thing we call DIY, so donā€™t take any one view as gospel. Chances are high that youā€™ll incorporate aspects of several different ā€œangles of attackā€! :wink:
Do what ends up working for you!

Welcome to the rabbit hole!

7 Likes

I decided to pop in today, it has been awhile since Iā€™ve seen my good friends here! And I just noticed the date and the general POST that was up for the topic, and remembered itā€™s my Vape Anniversary, 5yrs today, boy does it feel good!

9 Likes

Thatā€™s AWESOME! Congrats, 45 !

3 Likes

Well itā€™s been nearly 2 months now and I have also converted everyone in the house to vaping. No more cigarettes in this house. :+1:
I am now working on my brother, heā€™s a chef so I want him in! He will be able to give me more ideas for mixing. He comes up with some really different flavour combinations when he cooks.
I am loving DIY, and this whole community that I have found that has enabled me to continually improve and learn from experienced mixers.
Still havenā€™t had any commercial juice. Why buy a cake, when you can bake it yourself. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
Loving the whole journey. :star_struck:

7 Likes

Thatā€™s wonderful, @marsh8 . Helping your family get off the stinkies is what itā€™s all about.
Helping others is what keeps me mixing and participating on ELR.

5 Likes

Did I mention that I was addicted, love mixing and especially for others.
I hope that one day I will have enough knowledge to share my experience with the community, just like the warm welcome Iā€™ve received :+1:

5 Likes

@marsh8 OUTSTANDING !!!

7 Likes

Wow, thatā€™s some story! Iā€™m so happy you were able to stop smoking and are regaining your health. Welcome and youā€™ve come to a great place to learn. It can be a long journey of testing and patience but the good part is that there are simple recipes already created that make great ADVs. Once I found one of those I was able to build on that and start branching out.

4 Likes

Today is my 1 year anniversary of becoming a non-smoker and a happy vaper after about 40 years being a smoker. And this is no April Fools joke, it was a quit smoking date I could always remember. In this last year I have acquired tons of vaping gear and DIY all my own juices and am still saving tons of money. My vape gear buying is down to very little these days, as I have more gear than I know what to do with. Still have many tanks unused still in the box. And in this last year, I have not had a single stinky. Vape on friends.

11 Likes

Congratulations @Daven

4 Likes

A hearty congratulations, and Well done! in addition! :thumbsup: :cake: :tada:

4 Likes

Does it really slow down?
I have only been vaping for 2 months, I canā€™t get enough of anything vape related.
In that short time I have found myself a new hobbie in DIY, I have collected nearly 150 different flavours and today I will make mix number 100.
Not to mention the hardware, I can place an order atm and in 2 mins find something else I want. No dramas, Iā€™ll order that too but wait I need to make free postage at this place tooā€¦ :rofl:
The mrs is spewing, the postman comes everyday still, but I have got her on the vape too.
Getting vape mail withdrawals over Easter.

6 Likes

Congrats man! Well done.

4 Likes