I think I have bought too many flavors at once

I have to agree. Hoarding is healthy !!!

5 Likes

And so it begins…:nerd_face:

6 Likes

I bet 90% of the people here can relate to that title. The rabbit hole will get you every time.

5 Likes

7 Likes

Same here …

4 Likes

A lil sumthin’ that can help maximize your flavor buying experience and maybe ease some of the stress when choosing flavors for purchase…

8 Likes

I don’t think you have a problem with 20 flavours I see the issue as clearly you need to redefine your definition of “too many”

16 Likes

It helps to set a goal and then buy just enough flavors to accomplish it. My goal was to find 7 to 10 mixes that I could vape in rotation which would be 9’s and 10 out of 10’s taste wise. I’ve found them, now I’m trying to make them all 10 out of 10’s.

4 Likes

Sweet Mary mother of God. :rofl: yeah definition redefined. too much ^^

4 Likes

Very helpful. Thanks

3 Likes

But why would you buy that many if you don’t mind me asking? you clearly can not finish all that in a lifetime lol I am still in awe

2 Likes

Problem is I really wanna explore as many of the nooks and crannies of the flavour world as I can. I mean I have had aniseed that tasted amazing and aniseed that tasted like soap. I have had flavours that were highly touted but tasted like vomit to me (must have been too much butyric acid). And surprisingly the best flavour I have ever tried was the flavour from my strawberry flavoured cartridges from one of those disposable cartridge e-cig mods that was left for 7 months at the back of my cupboard and to this day haven’t tried anything as good as that! and I have tried my fair share of “best” liquids out there.

I know that the rabbit hole is real, but nothing comes easy I guess.

3 Likes

Some flavors last longer than others, depends on the recipes you make.
But let’s say that you use 5 to 10% flavoring in an e-juice (some popular juices go up to 20% flavor), then you can make 2 to 4 liters of e-juice with your 20 flavors. There are people here who vape 30ml a day, so that’s good for 65-130 days. If you’re vaping a little less it will last you a little longer but the last drop of those bottles will be gone before next year.
So no, you didn’t buy too much flavor. What you will notice is that you’ll buy flavors that you really like (and will use more) and others that you don’t like and may dump. You’ll be looking for alternatives from other brands and soon you’ll understand what this “rabbit hole” really is.
There’s always a good recipe around the corner that you will want to make for which you don’t have the right flavor and your stash will grow.

3 Likes

I routinely open up flavor orders, sort them, then say at least once, “WTF did I order this for?”

3 Likes

I got 2 bits of advice from my recent mixing start.

1 start with small batches as therr is a very good chance first tries will be not great.

2 if you got tpa caramel cappuccino like me be afraid. Its STRONG.

3 (i know i said 2 but meh) use the knowledge and advice here before you mix. The recommended % on vendor sites are mostly bs check here on the database for good starting point.

3 Likes

There’s always another recipe you want to try out that calls for a flavour, or several, that you don’t have.
And so it begins.

3 Likes

It isn’t all for me but it just seemed to fit in the thread :rofl: - it arrived today. It is 3x the full flv flavour line some of them are very hard to source here in Au since they are on the no fly list with most online stores (they have to be shipped as dangerous goods).

7 Likes

Got you. Came here for a quick advice, ended discovering a universe within a universe! :smile:

5 Likes

And that’s just one small corner of the universe. Imagine how much there is you aren’t aware of yet!!

I’ve come to the conclusion that there’s simply no cure. Definitely, you can read, heed, and refine. But the fact is, how do you know what flavors you love until you try them ALL! ALL OF THEM!!! BUY ALL THE FLAVORS!!! BWAH-HA-HA-HA!!!

OK, maybe it isn’t quite that extreme, but at least it is fun. Good luck on the journey, and stick around for some great advice and inspiration.

6 Likes

Can I add that you should do single flavour tests, exactly like I didn’t, so that you don’t end up with 182 concentrates most of which you have no idea what they’re like and there’s no way in hell that you’re gonna sit down for a whole day just squeezing a few mils into tiny bottles and rewicking endlessly and basically doing what you should have done when you got them first. Ahem.

5 Likes