IDE Vapor Tasting Notes

Sounds a lot like TFA VC v1. I was hoping for a “gotta get this VC” from IDE. Oh well.

2 Likes

Got a few coming this week from IDE; crossing my fingers they’re worth the $.

2 Likes

I got 7 more yesterday… 6 fruit and 1 cookie dough. Hot USB as we speak. I’ll give them a few days and post my results. I noticed all but 2 I’ve had were less then 10% use. I just need the flavor to good.

2 Likes

Continued discussion of IDE caramel flavoring:

The percentage of IDE caramel used in a mix may need to be somewhere around the 5% mark for a nice punchy caramel flavor. I used it at 1% with my NET tobacco as not to cover up the flavor of the tobacco, since the NET tobacco I was mixing had a very delicate flavor quality.

I’ve used this caramel as high as 8% and didn’t find it cloying. :wink:

1 Like

IDE Vapors Tasting Notes Part 2

Tested on an eVic VT 60w TC Mod, Standard Wrapped Single Titanium Coil, in a Dark Horse RDA, @ 400 to 475 Degrees. Cotton change between each flavor.
All flavors steeped 2 weeks

Lemonade Flavor – tested @ 5%, 8% and 10% - 4/5

Color In Bottle – Looks like lemonade

Smell in Bottle – A lite lemony scent

5% - A mild lemonade flavor, lightly sweet. No bitterness but a slight off flavor on exhale similar to the zest of a lemon. This % is good for a sweet lemon note in a mix, but may be overwhelmed by strong flavors.

8% - A good mildly sweet lemonade with a slight bit of lemon zest. It reminds me FA Lemon Sicily but not quite as strong. It’s like real lemonade with the sliced lemon wedges in the mix. You can taste the zest but it’s not offensive to the juice.

10% -. A bold real whole lemonade flavor. The zest is only a slight background note at this %. Just the right sweetness for my taste. This lemonade will make a good mixed fruit lemonade because it’s fresh whole lemon flavor. No chemical taste at all.

Recommendations – If you like sweet whole lemon lemonade, you will like this flavor. If you don’t want the zest, then this one is not for you. Strong enough to hold it’s own in a mix.

I give a 4 out of 5 because it’s type of lemonade I grew up drinking. The only reason I don’t give it a 5 out of five is some may not like the lemon zest and it’s not quite as good as FA Lemon Sicily.

Standalone 8 - 10%, Mixer 3-7%

Cookie Dough – Tested at 5% and 8% - 3/5

Color in Bottle – dark, dark brown

Smell in Bottle – Kind of like alcohol

5% - Similar to chocolate chip cookie with just a few chips. Not very strong at 5% but I do taste cookie. Just a little sweetness. I taste a slight chocolate note and a little alcohol. This may need to breathe a bit.

8% - I get a good mildly sweet cookie at this % with a mild chocolate and cinnamon note too. It’s actually a good representation of cookie dough. I sense a gooey cookie in this vape. I’m not one that eat cookie dough or cookie dough flavors, but it does give the impression of an unbaked cookie. If you’re into cookie dough, you may get a kick out of this one. It will give you a slightly sweet cookie note with a lite hint of chocolate and cinnamon. It is a little strong at 8% so 6-7% should be good on this flavor.

Recommendations – This will need to breathe and steep a bit to get rid of the alcohol taste. Use where you need a cookie note with a hint chocolate and cinnamon.

3 out of 5 because of the Chocolate and Cinnamon notes that I sense in this flavor. It’s really not a bad thing if you need those notes in your mix. But it is good representation of cookie dough.

Standalone 6-7% Mixer 2-5%

Strawberry - Tested @ 5%, 8% and 10% - 2/5

Color in Bottle – almost clear with a light greenish yellow hue.

Smell in Bottle – Nothing but Strawberry

5% - Semi- artificial strawberry… more of a scent than a flavor with little sweetness to it. When I’m vaping it feel as if will come on strong… then it fades. I do get a custard mouth feel from this flavor. Hopefully it comes together at a higher %.

8% - The flavor is stronger but it doesn’t taste like real strawberry and it still fades fast. I was hoping for the same fresh strawberry flavor I got from the IDE Strawberries and Cream, but I’m not getting it. It lacks depth. It smells like Strawberry but I’m not convinced it’s real. It hits you in the face on the vape and then it just fades.

10% - More of the same. Good on the initial hit, than gone with a semi – artificial flavor.

Recommendation – Use as a good scent with a Strawberry that lacking the scent you desire. I was hoping for more.

I give it 2 out of 5 because it’s missing depth and it fades fast. It has a good sensation on the tongue with a good initial hit, but you will forget about this flavor fast.

Pineapple – Tested @ 5%, 8% and 10% - 0/5

Color in Bottle – A lite opaque yellow almost clear

Smell in Bottle – Not much at all… maybe a little chemical and alcohol

5% - I’m not getting much of anything at this level but a bitter chemical taste.

8% - This flavor is amiss IMO… Way off from pineapple. A heavy chemical taste and a strong alcohol note.

10% - I tried it at 10% to see if I could find any pineapple there, but I only got more of the chemical flavor intensified. This one does not represent pineapple.

Recommendations – I don’t see any uses for this flavor. I’ll keep it around and try it in a month and report back if it changes.

This one get 0/5 because nothing about it reminds me of pineapple.

Grape – Tested @ 5%, 8% and 10% - 3/5

Color in Bottle – Clear

Smell in Bottle – a faint grape scent and chemical.

5% - A very slight grape juice flavor and a little chemical \ alcohol note too.

8% - I get more grape at this point… more of the grape juice type. It’s actually a good grape similar to Welch’s grape juice. It has a mild sweetness to it also. It still has a slight alcohol back note they will need to breathe and steep out. No bitter notes and I’m not detecting the chemical note either.

10% - There’s not a lot of change between 8 and 10%… just a very slight increase in flavor. It still has an alcohol back note. It really doesn’t set itself apart from other grape flavors currently being sold.

Recommendations – This grape will need to breathe and a good steep to get rid of the alcohol back note. IMO this is not a good single flavor grape. It will need some supporting flavors to make it shine.

Mixer @ 7-10%

I give it a 3 out of 5 because it has a good grape juice flavor but not enough for a single mix flavor. It will take a little work to get the good to the grape flavor. (breathing and steeping).

Mango – Tested @ 5%, 7% and 10% - 5/5

Color in Bottle – Clear

Smell in Bottle – A very good mango scent and nothing else.

5% - I’m impressed with this flavor. I recently had a fresh ripe mango and the flavor of it is fresh on my mind. This is near perfect at 5%. It has the taste of a ripe mango.

7% - Spot on Mango. I have FA and TPA Mango and it is the best of the bunch. It has the sweetness and flavor of a fresh mango with a peachy note. Nothing weird or off with this flavor. The Mango flavor lingers on my tongue for a few minutes after I vape.

10% - I tried it @ 10% but it wasn’t needed, too strong there.

Recommendations – IMO, this is right there with best I’ve tried if not better. It will make good single flavor if you like exotic fruit. This flavor is strong enough to hold its own in any mix.

I give it a 5 out of 5 because it’s a spot on Mango. You don’t need a high % to get flavor you will need in a mix.

Standalone – 5-7%, Mixer 2-4%

Apple Pie – Tested @ 5% - 5/5

Color in Bottle – medium brown

Smell in Bottle – cinnamon, apple

5% - First I want to say “DAMN THIS SH*T IS GOOD”. Really, they covered all their bases with this one… in the right proportions too. I can taste crust, apple, seasoning, butter and its sweetness is spot on. This is the best on the market. Nothing need to be added to complete this pie. I don’t do single flavor mixes… but this doesn’t need a thing. It’s a single flavor premium juice. It should be good at 4% single flavor.

Recommendations – This flavor is the bomb. Add a little caramel, ice cream and bring a fork because desert is served. Do whatever you want with this because it’s all there. You can’t hurt this flavor

5 out 5 because of its Wow Factor. It deserves it… the best I’ve had.
Standalone 4-5%, Mixer 1-3%

10 Likes