If I were to start building

Modfather is great in series along with I think the older icon version. Do not quote me. Not at home to look.

Yes, per coil. at a heat flux of 350 it’s gonna be a hotter feeling Vape. Once you start building the bar that says heat capacity is the next thing to look at, the further to the right it is, the slower your coil is to heat up and cool off, which isn’t necessarily bad, it’s just personal preference. It won’t take long to find a setup that works for you, then you get another rda and the process starts over lol.

2 Likes

Sometimes it helps to think of other electrical applications. It can help light the bulb in your mind as to why gauge and resistance matters (pun intended).

Think of it like running your house electrical system with speaker wire. You realize pretty quickly that speaker wire will very soon melt and break down due to the current load it cannot handle. And flip the coin… Use house wire to run your sound system. The impedance of the thick wire would give you a terrible result. Same with vaping. Thick wire at high current is what you want for higher power builds. Thinner gauge at higher resistance is what you want for low power builds. Use the Steam Engine as a very helpful resource along with the fine folks here and you will soon understand it fully.

4 Likes

Im gonna build on this one
Screenshot_20180129-103729Screenshot_20180129-103642

I see. It’s now becoming clear to me. Thanks guys.

5 Likes

Especially when/if those protections fail to work as intended/designed.

3 Likes

Not specifically Ohm’s Law related, but I remember the P4U iPV6x had a spectacular fail when users realized that the reverse battery protection did not work. Ugly.

3 Likes