I'm back.. kind of?

I took a few months away and started smoking again. :scream: picked up my vape and rewicked, and dumped a bunch of nic into some juice I made back in March/April and here’s to another shot at quitting smoking. :+1:

Too bad you all ditched the IRC. You suck. Especially you Joel.

6 Likes

Too bad you’re so stubborn you won’t join us on Discord. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: You and the crickets have fun over there! HA!!

4 Likes

welcome back! sry for 're lapse’but glad you are back to vaping.

3 Likes

The discord is active. Kinda. But welcome back.

2 Likes

I tried to join so I could troll a bit and see if you guys could figure out who I was… but it says captcha required and none showed up.

1 Like

Gracias. Hopefully I stick with it this time :joy:

2 Likes

When I joined ELR I was still struggling. But the camaraderie was enough to help me past the bumps in the road. That, and better equipment which I credit to ELR members too!

Keep hanging out and get on chat. You’ll find having continuous contact with vapers very helpful. At least I did. Good luck man.

6 Likes

Awww sorry you fell off the wagon but I’m glad you’re giving it another go. Yeah, IRC is a ghost town. I kept going for a long time, but then I just stopped remembering to open it up. LoL.

2 Likes

Tried discord for a few minutes…don’t like it :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: I guess I’ll stay in the shadows

1 Like

Nobody forces you to us discord, there’s a lot of activity in the forums as well. I’m not too fond of discord either.

1 Like

What is this “discord” everyone is talking about ?
I’ve know about IRC (internet relay chat), but never used it.
I only know how to use forums, the simpler the better (the forum software ELR uses is amazing)

2 Likes

Have a look @DaveDave :slight_smile:

It’s the “upgraded” chat server, comparable to skype, teamspeak, etc
Originally Discord was meant for gamers but it reaches a much wider public these days

3 Likes

Then call me Nobody and gets yer collective arses into discord chat! :wink:

Seriously i hate and love discord, being a long time ICR’er, since the beginning, it was a lot less difficult to make the change than i thought it would be. Many of the things i disliked have been fixed, all but a spell checker. I mean who the hell writes a typing based software with no spell check these days?!?

Ill quit ranting before i get carried away.

@DaveDave It is a bit similar to IRC, on the surface that is. It is basically an instant chat that one can use in app form on android and the PC, no idea about that fruit company but JoJo uses discord so it must work on their platform as well. There is a decent sized group of mixers that mostly use chat. You can also log in from a browser.

2 Likes

Thanks, I’ve never clicked anything in that menu except “forum”

1 Like

My biggest issue with Discord is that it’s more general chat than vaping related stuff. Kinda feels like the forums are the work lab and discord is the pub where you go after the lab work’s done. I usually go straight home after work =)

5 Likes

Even if you end up not liking it, it never hurts to check out all your options :+1:

1 Like

You described it perfectly. There are times we discuss vape stuffs but a lot of it is general chat.

3 Likes

Thanks for the welcome there, but yeah, not my cup of tea. Seems like a giant “time suck” :rofl:
Thanks for the intro, and don’t forget to bring a towel.

3 Likes

For the life of me I can’t figure out what’s wrong with that. I’ve gotten to know a lot of folks way better than what’s possible in the forums. Frankly I love it.

5 Likes

Personally I love voice chat, and always use discord and team speak for gaming :slight_smile:
Surpised i just found this today

2 Likes