I'm looking for a single coil RTA that doesn't leak and has very good flavor

I am a low watt guy. Only run it around 60-65 watts. I tend to chain vape at times. I get a little snap crackle pop, which I like, but no spit back. Maybe at higher watts it might spit. I use cotton bacon V2 and make sure the cotton is snug inside the coil. I have had issues with rebuildables spitting when the cotton was loose.

The Vandy Vape Berserker could fit the bill, as it comes with a 4.5ml extension.
However I find that the coil can flood when filling, so needs a little care.
Personally I just bottom fill it, but I do note that the OP is looking for top fill.

I have a Pharaoh and I have a Govad… I’m posting to let you know how I build them and NEVER got any (ANY!) leaking or seeping. I FOLD the cotton’s tail in half and tuck the end back into the coil. So… The fold is in the ejuice flow hole. I learned to build them this way because I got the Pharaoh first and watched a video by Rip Trippers on how to build it. He designed the Pharaoh and his way of building it works great. It and the Govad are both Non-leakers. If you fear the cotton is not tight enough in the hole, you can add a tiny piece of cotton behind the fold. YES the cotton does extend down to the deck. You know…on some tanks you make the cotton to just fill the hole but not extend further. In THIS case, you make the cotton tail longer…long enough to extend as far as it can. BEWARE, when you put the tank back together that the cotton does not get stuck and moved. Take the tank back apart one time to make sure the cotton is not being disturbed when you turn the juice flow control. If it is being disturbed, push it in a little and make sure it is flush.

1 Like

Kylin Mini. It be “da-bomb”!

1 Like

OBS engine nano, it is technically top airflow but the air goes down a chamber and hits the coil from the bottom and side. it’s pretty genius and will never leak even if flooded, easy to build on easy to wick very forgiving awsome flavour, it’s what I use.

1 Like

I have a serpent mini which is pretty good and I find easy to wick. I use it for a fairly constrained airflow.

I am curious about the serpent SMM. Even though, with a single coil and this size of air port, I am not sure how ridiculous the coils would need to be.

The Obs engine design is very interesting as well. I have a mini which is my go to tank at the moment. Can’t comment on the nano but the top air port/side fill works really well.

I have to mention my top 3 single coil fav RTA’s:

1-Augvape Merlin
2-Geekvape Ammit 22
3-Coppervape Skyline

Also, if you have wicking issues with your Ammits, try wicking like the following pic. It seems like the wick would be too short, and might leak, but it doesn’t, and it works like a charm! No dry hits either.

geekvape-ammit-rta-wicking-cotton

1 Like

Recently bought a geek vape Zeus and so far am very impressed. No leaks at all even stood upside down for hours top fill and good flavour

1 Like

Perhaps a bit outdated but i’m not sure that anything tops the kayfun 5 for flavor and build quality. Not really a high powered device but awesome none the less. It doesn’t leak if you screw down the juice flow before filling. The genuine KF5 is pricey but some of the clones are very reasonably priced and nicely finished.

2 Likes

agree with the kayfun 5, never a leak issue
I use a notch coil at around 25 watts and it works great

1 Like

Having received, and now used for a couple days the Serpent SMM it has become my tank of choice. Easy to coil/wick (first one was a keeper), good flavour, no leaks!!! Throws sightly too much of a cloud for me for outside use.
Mine currently has a 1x0.1 (or is it 0.05, no idea, I took one that was laying around) ribbon SS coil at .4 ohm, and runs in TC with a 20w power limit.

I need to rewick the Kayfun 5(probably clone) I received in the same order as it is leaking.