I'm overwhelmed

You wanna know something I’m pretty proud about? That is damned near my recipe…I added a bit of Shisha Rosemary (INW) to make it a hint savory, but I think it lacks just a touch of sweetness. Maybe just a touch of whipped cream.

Wow!! I have around 12 flavors ( Im new to the DIY) with 300 ++ flavors seems you have more flavors than Mt Baker Vapes does.
Thing is after buying many company brands Ive discovered my top 5 flavors and thats kind of what i aim at… Dont need 1,000 flavors.
Maybe you should narrow it down some to your top 10 flavors and stick to that ( would only need at best 50 flavors…)

1 Like

CUT DOWN ON FLAVORINGS???
Shut yer mouth!!
:smiley:

8 Likes

LOL Blasphemy I tell you! I must have ALL the flavors even if I never use them because…well, just because.

Hello, my name is Jo and I’m a flavor hoarder. It’s been two…no, one…week since my last flavor order…

:stuck_out_tongue:

13 Likes

Hello friend! Welcome to DIY 101.

My very first order of any DIY ingredients I got from Totally Wicked. That seems a lifetime ago. I think I got 6 flavors. And regardless of what I did I couldn’t make anything work that tasted remotely good save for an RY4 that was vapable but not what I would call good. I think a French Pipe was in there and the flavor wasn’t bad but not what I would want to spend time and money on. Those got filed into bin# 13 some time back.

After some time, and with my first modest stash being just that, stashed :slight_smile: , I got my next order from TPA. I think at that time it was well over 20 flavors. More trial and error but I was starting to understand things a little.

One thing I quickly learned was that with my few flavors I was able to make just a few liquids with small variations of those by increasing/decreasing amounts of individual flavors or adding some of this or that. Still it was a more generic and leaned monochromatic in my mind.

After some experience I found there are thousands, nay, millions of possible flavor combinations. Where you have a distinct advantage over myself and many other DIY folks that have been mixing a while is this site and other venues where you can learn from others’ successes and failures. Once you’ve done more reading and mixing I think you’ll look back on the 50 flavor limit idea and laugh at yourself :slight_smile: I urge you to peruse the recipes. See what other folks are mixing, ratings, ratios of particular flavors/brands. With the wealth of information available it won’t take you near as long to shoot out some excellent juices over a wide range of flavor profiles.

4 Likes

This will be a good place to start…

2 Likes

Haha, ya got a chuckle outta me on this one. :laughing:

1 Like

Monochromatic… N…i…i…i…i…i…ce :sunglasses:

1 Like

Sense memory simulated perception, altered consciousness memory retrieval.

3 Likes

^^sesquipedalian^^

I also find the term sesquipedalophobia particularly ironic. 18 letters, if scrabble had fatality moves, sesquipedalophobia would be my favorite. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

I thought I saw a biscotti flavor out there idk how off that would be. Perhaps Biscuit INW and some sort of maple or molasse may do also but at small percentages to knock back some of that sterness they all seem to have even cookie FA…

@Mofogger If you really want twang then TFA greek yogurt at 4% is that. FLV is fairly twangy but more of a balanced cream/twang I don’t find it bitter. I really enjoy it at 3-4 weeks even 5 but gosh it’s hard to wait that long :smiley: Cap’s i just took out of my cart idk y somebody told me that it wasn’t that great. It may be, dunno. Keep us updated seems you put some time in on this one you may as well open a thread with your results!

1 Like

I have a version with Biscuit (INW) and you are 100% correct. You have a pretty crazy flavor lookup table in your head, dont you?

@Openlyvapor, my first order to Kidneypuncher when I learned you could roll your own coils I bought every size of kanthal and Oh these 40 flavors here that sounds nice. It was all nice TPA FW grade, quality mid-grade stuff. I looked up what other chemicals to mix in. I made what were really some lame flavors like “caramel apple” and “sour tangerine” and I was good, that was acceptable. . .and then I found this here damnable hell! @SthrnMixer is a pretty crazy-high describer of flavors and @Amy2, well she a flavor freak, but very modest. @Mofogger is apparently, actually tripping. @JoJo can rewind vaping history back to the founding fathers who wrote e-liquid recipes on the paper with secret ink" in the first draft of the constitution. She owns vaping fossils… These are some very particular humans.

But man, when I found Pear (FA). . .it was like finding the door to heaven and opening it with my tongue. Damn, sounds kinda sexy on the re-read but I’m telling you it can be GOOD. Like, I dont think I could ever have forced myself to be addicted to cigarettes, but I am pretty sure I’m addicted to flavors good. Flavor junkie.

Seriously, “Smuckers is my jam?” These people are unique, I love it.

5 Likes

LOL your description of us are hilarious !

And Hey @OpenlyVapor It’s good to see you on here…you having fun yet… I told ya so ( that felt good to say that bc it’s true ) it’s great here !

And I will second your love for Pear FA it is some goood stuff much better than that TFA crud !

1 Like

You know what. I’ve never tried to use pear for anything but a compliment to other flavors. I like TPA’s version just fine, but got the FA version recently. And I’ve used the FA version in the same way I used TPA- to give fruit mixes a little “something extra” and had good results.

Are you mixing Pear as a main ingredient? If so I would love to know what you think is the best one. I love pears. Especially when they’re basically over-ripe. When you bit into them the juice kind of squirts and you find yourself almost drinking the fruit instead of chewing it. Ymmmmm, same with good peaches. Love them very ripe and juicy.

3 Likes

That description just made me mad at myself for passing up the fresh pears at whole foods today…errrhhh.

I like to combine Pear FA with creams it seems to soften other fruit notes as well. I rarely have used it as the major flavor profile. last night while reading my flavor bible I came upon some interesting combos and made these two. There’ll probably need at least 2 weeks steep time.

honey & pear custard

Ingredient %
Butter Lemon (OOO) 3
Custard (FA) 1.5
Honey (INAWERA) 0.4
Italian Cream (Hangsen) 0.76
Liquid Amber (FA) 0.3
Pear (FA) 2
Pear (LA) 1.26
Pecan (TPA) 0.76
Quince (TPA) 1
Vanilla Custard (Flavorah) 3
Vanillin 10% (TPA) 1

Flavor total: 14.97%

Remember to rate it at e-liquid-recipes.com!

pearyogi*

Ingredient %
Black Walnut (LA) 0.86
Greek Yogurt (Flavorah) 3
Maple Syrup (FA) 0.86
Milk and Honey (Flavorah) 0.6
Mixed Nuts (FA) 0.5
Pear (FA) 2

Flavor total: 7.81%

Remember to rate it at e-liquid-recipes.com!

We’ll see how they are then I’ll post them to the site.

I’d have to say this one of Robin’s is my favorite pear juice and it is important to use cruddy TFA Pear ( which works for this recipe. )

1 Like

Like I said, this MF is a crazy-high describer of flavors.

Yes, you bet your ass I am using it as a main flavor! Let me take you to an exotic beach on the Mediterranean. In Turkey. Its lush and exotic, calls to prayer are heard every few hours but some chicks are topless on the beach. Laid back man, lush with fruits, pomegranates, mandarin oranges, fresh figs you can just pick from the trees and carob beans. Well, imagine yourself on that beach and a pear picked from nearby that warm meditteranean day, has been peeled and poached in butter. It’s covered with a pan-made caramel with a very measured hint of a type of vanilla with which you are unfamiliar. It’s a simple, specific, bad ass kind of flavor. Did I mention it had a hint of ylang ylang?.

That sir, is my FN pear vape. Can you dig it?

4 Likes

You had me at ylang ylang …well did ya post this oasis yet ? Link ???

1 Like

Her name is Pearvana!

Look, I think I can get it just a little bit better and then I will show her to you guys. As good as you guys are I am not going to release a recipe unless it will drag your tongue out of your mouth and punch you square in the tastebuds. @SunnyT is my Christmas Guinea Pig (no offense). She likes pear and I had just come up with this. I still want to add a hint of cactus juiciness, but I need the ylang to stick out beyond the other florals and cactus is just a hint too strong I think. The pear is real honey kind of pear flavor. OK, it’s a work in progress still. . .but I was going to put it in your florals thread. I love floral anything. Tea, Tobacco. . .anything. This one is so delicate and subtle but pear everywhere. I like that as a tagline…

4 Likes

Ok, now I crave a pear vape :stuck_out_tongue: haha good job :smiley: can’t wait to see and vape the final result! :smiley:

2 Likes

Ditto to that!