In praise of my old Aspire Pockex

I do my own coils, I have more than enough good RTA and a few decent RDAs and a few other tanks laying around.

I am in the process of moving home and I bumped into my first device that I had not used for at least 6 months. A little push on the button, crackling noise and a bit of vapour. Still got some charge! Go for a pull, I like to live dangerously like this, and I get an horrible floral mess but more vapour and taste than I thought possible.

After a little rince, I refill it with the icy tropical mix I made this week, which is understeeped but I have been having problems putting down.

Amazing stuff. The equipment seems to be made for the juice. Amusingly enough, I have tried the juice on my Obs engine mini, my Serpent SMM that I need to recoil, a cleaned Cleito EXO with 0.6 SS coils (I am moving, I am doing the great tank gather into a box) and of all of them this is the one where it was tasting best. Could be down to the tiny coil diameter.

Just to say, just because it is not the greatest and latest does not mean that it is not good. I’ll start using this piece of kit more regularly.

13 Likes

Funny you should mention this @SuperFrog but it’s uncannily similar with me and my Joyetech eGo AIO Pro. I’m actually vaping some Raspberry Custard on it at this very minute. For some reason it tastes better on the AIO than it does in my Aromamizer Supreme V2 (sacrilege I know) or my OBS Engine. No accounting for taste eh? Thanks for the post, now I don’t feel that embarrassed. :relieved:Cheers.

8 Likes

Think about the workout you’d be getting from using the 3kg Aromamamizer Supreme.

(edit) I checked the real weigh and it is not as bad as I thought. Must have confused with the titan. It is still bloody big though, but could theoretically fit on my pico :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Rediscovering that one piece of hardware all over again. It’s like finding $10 in the washing machine that you forgot in your pocket! Although I’d be a bit leery about taking a hit off a tank that was sitting for 6 months.

7 Likes

Well aired and steeped :slight_smile: Checked that nothing was moving inside.

5 Likes

:flushed::flushed:

7 Likes

i still use the cleito and the og crown , both old but they still work as well as any other sub ohm tank on the market

4 Likes

The cleito exo is probably my lightest tank flavour wise. Maybe because it doesn’t have the air control ring like on the original. It is decent with the rebuildable coil. Was my first rebuildable tank.

5 Likes

Same here, I have one of the joyetech aios well more than one, but I rarely use them. I do use them if I need to test specific recipes that are made only for these devices.

Anyways, I can’t vape vape train shisha mango because of the extreme musky note it has, that can’t be masked/covered etc. Even pairing it with others won’t work. However if I vape it in that aio I don’t get that note and it’s just great mango lol.

Would I use it on a daily basis? Nope but it’s great when some flavors won’t work with the other devices or as in your situation…moving. It doesn’t have to be the newest stuff every time!

4 Likes

It is mango inw not shisha mango, btw.

I suspect the recipe above can be simplified to one good mango, one good pineapple, guava and passionfruit, lime and cooling.

2 Likes

Ye I was talking about shisha mango (vta) I haven’t tried the mango (inw) or that mix above.

3 Likes

sorry i meant the original cleito with a .4 coil , the exo was not that great imo , not horrible but not great

3 Likes

I miss my original Tobh atty. I do like to circulate through my tanks from time to time but I’ve been stuck on my freemax mesh pro. Kinda hard to beat the flavor coming out of a triple mesh coil though it can be a little much at times.

3 Likes

I mostly only use RTA’s and RDA’s nowadays but I bought my Mrs the Aspire Pcckex and was surprised how good the flavour is on it. I keep it maintained for her and often find myself having a crafty toot,just to check it’s working okay of course :joy:.
I have the Cleito Exo and use the original Cleito RBA in it,it’s not bad but I seem to get leakage from the top airflow sometimes and it makes a right mess,I’ve also had air locks in it which can cause horrible dry hits but when it’s good it’s very good.

2 Likes

I only use SS, so for me it is the rba or the .4 as coils. Only get leakage when the coil is bad.

2 Likes

I think the leakage with mine is caused by flooding,maybe I need to use a bit more cotton. How do you wick yours if you don’t mind me asking?

1 Like

Not wicked the RBA in 8 months… Can’s say I remember. I never really get leakage problems unless a ring is off or my cotton is obviously too thin.

I tend not to hit too hard and with TC, i don’t get dry hits if I pack too much, just less flavour.

2 Likes

Thanks for your reply buddy,I will have to have another go at it. There’s not much info about using the Cleito RBA in the Exo,I’ve only seen one guy on YouTube but I suppose it’s just the same as building it for the original Cleito tank.

1 Like

The rba is the same as the on for the Norman cleito. I think I used 4 wraps 3.5mm ID of wire around .5mm diameter. I would be trust my memory. If I get my hands on it, I’ll measure for you.

2 Likes

Lucky day, I did find it. I have a very optimistic 7 wraps that is not wicked in there. 3.5mm ID looks right. I’d keep it to 5/6 wraps max.
I used small Clapton wire at the time but I am mostly using straight SS wire in boring
.4/.5 size these days ( and SS ribbon when I want to be fancy)

2 Likes