Inawera Tasting Notes

Generally, and historically speaking, Inawera is very very good with flavors across the board! However, they do have a scant few that are just Meh. Bear in mind though, there have been lot of flavors subject to a “forced reformulation”, that are no longer as potent (percentage wise) and also possibly slightly tweaked on the flavor profile (though I haven’t seen any outcry denoting anything that’s drastically shifted…)

Further research (thread search here) might be in order, depending on your profile preferences (mainly fruits imo)

3 Likes

You must have missed the Milk Chocolate debacle :sunglasses:
There are two listed in the database now, Old Formula and New Formula. Apparently the New one is disgusting, I don’t know since I don’t have the new one.
The old one is pretty good.

2 Likes

/facepalm

You’re absolutely correct hon.
My memory was trumped by my dejected acceptance I guess. Though I was on the front line of the pitchfork and torch brigade for the loss of their greatest of flavors… /moment of silence/…I’ve put away the pitchfork (grudgingly. I still think someone in Ina’s supplier chain should be found, and suitably punished… Perhaps a forced ingestion of 5ml of TFA Kona Coffee?) the torch still has a couple of small cinders glowing, just in case they pull any more shenanigans with any more of my favorite flavors!! LMAO

4 Likes

I’ve got both, and clearly the old version tastes like Milk Chocolate. The new version however …

9 Likes

Anyone have an idea of why they reformulated? Was it to get the bad chemicals out of there?

1 Like

Tpd more details in this thread

3 Likes

That :point_up: :arrow_up:

3 Likes

It wasn’t something they wished for (who wants to change their top selling product?).

Since Inawera doesn’t provide any information, we can just speculate, that it was something in there, that it shouldn’t be there (and they removed it / don’t want to use it for safety reasons). Some think it was because of the Diacetyl, some think it was more.

Btw. I have Milk Chocolate and i will keep using it. It is the best choco flavor for me; better than dark chocolate MF if you ask me. But nevertheless, i wouldn’t buy it again (for those safety reasons), but i am sure many would buy it anyway (but we all agree, it is still much better (safer) than smoking).

1 Like

I suggest you read the link above provided by @woftam.
The information you’re passing on now is completely incorrect :slightly_smiling_face:

8 Likes

@Mikser @Josephine_van_Rijn is correct. From the article that @woftam posted above…

Due to the entrance into force the tobacco directive we were made to contact our suppliers regarding the receipts of the flavours, otherwise we could not sell our products. Most of our suppliers did not make an issue of it, but there is one, which was not inclined to give so confidential details. That is why we had, having no choice, to create a new version of the flavours.

4 Likes

is it in PG base or alcohol base ?

1 Like

Do you mean Inawera flavourings? If so, pg based :+1:

2 Likes

yes , thanks …

2 Likes

I say they are delicious based, but yeah it’s probably PG lol

4 Likes

Lemon Cake

Percentage Used: 1.5%

Equipment Used: Troll RDA with a single Kanthal .3 ohm Staircase coil at 27W. 24g kernel with 32g wrap, cotton wick.

PG/VG: 30/70

Steep Time: 9 Weeks

Manufacturer Description: A delicious lemon cake.

Manufacturer Suggested Percentage: 3%

Aroma: lemon, pound cake, sugar.

Flavor Description: Light and very sweet lemon, not acidic and tart like a fresh lemon. More of a lemon extract flavor as would be appropriate with cooking or baking. I am having a hard time describing the bakery/cake part of the flavor. Below the sweet lemon is an easily recognizable pound cake flavor although it’s missing the density or heaviness, yet it still checks the buttery and richness box in both texture and flavor. But I’m also getting a slight bitterness or off flavor that is hard to describe. It reminds me of a cake, biscuit, or bread where someone added just a touch too much baking powder. Almost like a light hint of floury like bitterness you get with too much baking powder? That doesn’t extend into the body and mouthfeel of it though, it actually has a great moistness to the cake. The ratios of cake to fruit is rather good with the cake being slightly more prominent than the lemon, and the lemon melds into the cake for a more complex full cake flavor rather than sitting on top of it.

Off Flavors: Something I can’t recognize? Similar to a baked good with too much baking powder if you’ve ever had one.

Throat Hit: 3/10

Uses: Bakeries. Cakes, pies, muffins, danishes, ice cream or shakes.

Notes: After reading others comments on the strength of this flavor, I started with 1.5%. It’s a medium strength here, I’ve used it up to 2% for the main note, but I haven’t tried it higher as I’m afraid that off note will become offensive. I have made recipes using this in the .75-1.5% range and it has made really good cakes, custard, and pies without the off taste. I’m not sure what magic happens, but that strange note completely disappears with additional flavors. I won’t use it single flavor due to that, but it’s become integral to my lemon bakeries.

This is my favorite attempt so far:

Lemon Poundcake w/Cream Cheese Icing:

1.50% Butter (CAP)
1.50% Cream Cheese Icing (LA)
3.00% Lemon (FE)
2.00% Lemon Cake (INAWERA)
1.00% Meringue (FA)
3.00% Simply Cake (Purilum)

Flavor total: 12%

10 Likes

I love your purple hair :heart_eyes:

6 Likes

Thank you!!!

It’s actually a much darker and richer purple now. I’ll have to take a new pic soon.

5 Likes

Wonderful write up! Oh, this will be another flavor I must add to the list!

3 Likes

did u ever use or find notes for tobacco peanut inw, jut got today but only read a mumble about 2%

1 Like

Sorry I’ve never tried it and I can’t offer any comments on it.

I did find some reviews on ECX…

http://www.ecigexpress.com/shop/diy-e-liquid/diy-e-liquid-flavors/inawera/tobacco/peanut-tobacco-by-inawera.html

2 Likes