Inawera Tasting Notes

Nope! I’m just gonna close my eyes and play pin the tail on the recipe with your list!

1 Like

Reading @ 0.0003 glows instant. could be the ultimate TC though!!!

2 Likes

OMG, poor guy, you sure you don’t wanna try this one instead?

2 Likes

I was thinking more of ultimate TCP as in Terrible Cash Problem!

1 Like

BACON! Errrr, I’ll take my chances with one of your recipes. Or, I could work on the “Angel Piss” recipe some more…believe it or not, getting that one right is a bitch!

1 Like

Oh man, thanks for the compliment.

[quote=“Jimk, post:209, topic:14166”]
I could work on the “Angel Piss”
[/quote]Yah, I’ve been waiting for that for a long time, getting tired of the good ol cat piss. Got that in abundance, and no I’m not referring to the bottles I have with your recipes in them :imp:

2 Likes

It does settle down after a very long steep and it does taste of cedar. Unfortunately that’s the only taste it has so as a standalone cigar, cedar flavour, no. It could be a nice addition to a cigar flavour without cedar though. It does need a high percentage. I mixed this at 5% and it is not very strong so in a mix it will soon disappear.
The Don hill has more tobacco to it.

3 Likes

Did you ever try the INW D Hill tobacco? I just got some with my last order; I think the name went from Don Hill to D Hill?

Just curious about your experience with a mix! :wink:

1 Like

G’day… didnt go there in the end. It seems only one company over here stocks it… I was just about to ad it to my basket & then I read the one and only review (because there was no official description) …
“Thinking back to my “Dunhill” phase of smoking this is a great replicant”.
I originally suspected it might’ve been a cigarette flavor…based on the name. This confirmed it…Well, it was enough to put me off buying it at the time.
Havent seen a “D Hill”… dont know of name changes, but over here its still the Don. I’d be very interested to know what you think of it. If it meets with your stamp of approval, I’ll re-visit.

1 Like

The Inawera Raspberry is wonderful. I sub it in most recipes that call for Sweet Raspberry (TPA). It is a very realistic flavor. 1-2% usually does the trick. It is a very concentrated flavor. Mixed with 8% Sweet Strawberry (CAP) and 5% Sweet Cream (CAP) and 1.5% Meringue (FA) is absolutely sublime.

4 Likes

My favorite Raspberry by far. I sometimes add .5% to my strawberry to boost my strawberry flavor. I really hate that I can only buy INW in 10ml bottles. Even the rebottled INW is limited to 10ml size.

1 Like

The Polish shop sells 100, 1000 and 5000 ml :grinning:

2 Likes

Thanks @Josephine_van_Rijn… I looked into ordering from there once before. The shipping cost was $44 causing my price per ml. to skyrocket. I’ll check again and recalculate to see if I can save money.

There was a different site I used before. From this site shipping is only $12, which make these affordable. I can save a lot buying my favorites in bulk. I’ll bookmark this and use this site for my next INW bulk order.

Thanks again @Josephine_van_Rijn

Gold Ducat
120ml $22.82 vs 12 x 10ml @ $3.50 = $42.00
This one flavor covers shipping cost and money to spare. :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Don Hill ~

@vonTrueso ~ I have done a test batch with the INW Don Hill @ 3% in VG w/ 5mg Nic. It’s only been a couple of days worth of steeping at the moment, but everything about this flavor says it’s a keeper. It’s more along the lines of a smooth pipe tobacco, rather than an analogue, cigarettish qualitly​:grinning:…and yes, @Josephine_van_Rijn, it does have an ever so slight cedar wood backnote.:laughing:
I can see adding a bit of FA Oakwood to the final mix to give it a boost. This flavor has possibilities!

2 Likes

Thats great news Jim! Dont know what the bozo who wrote the review I read was on about- put it down to subjective taste i guess (or ZERO steep!)
Thx for the info - back on the shopping list!.
Just a question about the FA Oakwood… I’ve never used it, but I have got some TPA Red oak. Would you think they’d be similar?

I have both of the “oak” flavors. Both are very nice, but different from each other. I think the Oakwood is a bit more course, hard or rough tasting and smelling than the Red Oak. This isn’t a bad thing mind you. It’s all in what you want in your mix. The Red Oak is a bit sweet smelling and has an ever so slight floral quality to me. Still, not a bad thing.

Having lived on a farm for most of my younger years, today I could tell you what wood you stuck under my nose if I were blind folded! I split a lot of wood in my day. So, what I’m saying is, both smells and tastes of these “oak” flavors are true to their name; takes me back to my childhood a bit! :wink: All in all, they both are good woody type flavors.

1 Like

Inawera junkies: anyone have the plum flavor? Not smoked, just plum. What are your thoughts and/or suggestions for using it? I made up a tester of it at 2% and it’s been steeping 12 days. Not gonna lie, I think it tastes like carrots cooked in every so slightly soapy water.

3 Likes

You NAILED it! :+1:

I have the INW plum…NOT a fan. I’m thinking it’s like FA mangosteen…you love it or hate it.

I tried the plum in varying % and got no where! Very disappointed!:pensive:

FYI…I put FA mangosteen in the “rat poison” category, along with TFA raisin.:confounded:

4 Likes

Glad it’s not just me then. Boo. :disappointed:

2 Likes

I’ve got to get me some mangosteen. We’ve got a rat plaque in the neighbourhood. I’ve got INW plum and TFA raisin, so I’m thinking a cocktail with all three might make some headway :grinning:
Thanks @JoJo, I have been too lazy to try the plum on its own, no wonder my plum recipe sucks :disappointed:
I’m still forever hopeful though, got a pretty good result with the raisin once. It is like that with food recipes sometimes, you just need that tiny bit of disgusting to perfectly round off the other flavours. The trick is to find out what that tiny bit is and what kind of disgusting it is asking for. At least with food you can have a taste straightaway instead of having to wait weeks to find out if you got it right :tired_face:

3 Likes