Inawera Tasting Notes

Well, all right then, if you put it that way :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Honey is really really strong first time i mixed was at 0.5% and it over powered everything I recommend no more then 0.2% or lower it is intense.

Ok, cactus and lime peopleā€¦ New INW flavor out on the market!

Review, anyone?

4 Likes

Just tried Shisha Strawberry and Shisha Pineapple for the first time. Mmmm mmmm! Thatā€™s good stuff. And the smell as you open the bottle? OMFG it smells delicious! I need a way to carry some with me that I can whiff whenever somebody pisses me offā€¦

Up next: Shisha Vanilla.

2 Likes

I think @daath just bought a metric crap load of ā€œshishaā€ whatever flavors from INW?!? How 'bout some reviews there Lars?

I bought, Apple, Banana, Bilberry, Cherry, Golden Apple, Strawberry and Vanilla Shishaā€¦ I havenā€™t touched any of them yet, except to rebottle the big bottles to dripper bottles :confused: Donā€™t know when Iā€™ll get the chance to sit down to mix (fortunately I mixed a BUNCH of others a while ago)ā€¦

2 Likes

Oh! I just mixed a tester with the Old Havanna at 3% Glad I read this.

1 Like

INAWERA

tasted on unregulated RDA w/ dual coils, measuring 0.4Ī©
Burley, 1% - 3%
Sweet brown sugar flavor, slight ā€œtobacco flavorā€ that doesnā€™t resemble tobacco. yet I can tell what they were going for. I think it maybe like cyclotene and furfuryl alcohol, or something of that nature, but I am no expert. However it does resemble flavors from TFA with those CAS# ā€™s. Overall not bad, not great.
50/50 pg/vg aged - 1-3 weeks

Classic CLM
@ 3% this flavor tastes dark musty and kind of strange. at 1-1.5% it tastes like a mild leaf like tobacco flavor. It kind of tastes like a mild cigar, smells. It is not a strong flavor so I would recommend using it to round off a tobacco profile. This tastes like an NET and I believe, Iā€™ve read that it is as well. The color however is clear
I will be coming back to this flavor and will be combining it with Sā€™camel , and I expect a decent vape.
50/50 pg/vg aged 4-5 weeks w/ high vg

4/5 stars

Flue Cured, 3%
neutral sweetness, very little tobacco flavor. reminded me of a swisher sweet minus the intense tobacco. I didnt let this cure for too long, but I donā€™t think it was going anywhere.
70/30 vg/pg aged - 1-3 weeks
2/5 stars

Garuda ā€¦coming soon

Gold Ducat: Initial thoughts

@ 1% this flavor is weak and kind of strange
@ 2% I taste a honey, tobacco-ish flavor; w/ smokey oak, and maple undertones. Reminds me of something between cavendish and black 'n milds
3% looks promising but I didnt mix it up.
I would recommend 2-3% start point. The aroma isnā€™t as intense as it was a week ago, when I first mixed it. Im thinking this will smooth out in the next week or two.

Nutty Princessā€¦.
1% This is good. It reminds me of a darker, night time/autumn version of sā€™camel w/o the maltol and lower pyrazine content. Mild dessert sweetness with an underlying leafiness, I think. It tastes like cookie, light mild tobacco, and hint of maple maybe?

2% The tobacco starts to take the centerstage and the cookie takes the backseat. I donā€™t taste maple anymoreā€¦if I ever did, but I do taste a breakfast flavor, like that of pyrazines. That tobacco is still mild and not overwhelming, Like that in Classic CLM [I think Itā€™s an NET or similar component]

3% The tobacco flavor is starting to become sharper tasting, but more pronounced at the same time. I am tasting vanilla not maple. I am also starting to taste the pyrazines at higher concentration as they are turning into a toasted flavor.
The tobacco flavor may be overlooked, if you donā€™t know what to look for. It is mild and leaf like. Not robust dark, musty, dusty, or overly in your face. Overall this flavor is sweet, but the description is like peanut butter cookie vanilla waffle tobacco or something. Itā€™s about what you would expect based on itā€™s description.

I would recommend starting at 1-2% and going from there.

4/5 stars (bc this tasted as described)

Sā€™camel
3% this tasted like pyrazine type flavors. Not bad but very nutty and sweet tasting. 2% was more enjoyable though. I thought I started to taste a mild tobacco leaf flavor like that of ā€œINW Classic CML[1%]ā€ but couldā€™ve been psychosomatic - also tastes heavily like maltol
It basically tastes like breakfast at my grandparents smelledā€¦

can be used in place of soho in small percents. havent tried soho at specified 20% [wtf FA?]
50/50 70/30 and maxVG vg/pg aged 1 - many weeks

tab. for Camel
I want to say Eucalyptus lemon type situation but I know its not. So Iā€™m just going to say It tastes herbal w/ lemon or lemon grass @ 3% not something I wanted at the time. I would say start @1% and work from there/ donā€™t expect tobacco or Camels. I will go back and give this a more thorough review
70/30 vg/pg aged - 1-4 weeks

8 Likes

@Josephine_van_Rijn knows her tobaccos! :+1:

2 Likes

Nice round of reviews there @bobbysavage! The ELR tobacco thread needs you!

Welcome! ā€¦by the way! :wink:

1 Like

Thanks I was thinking the same thing about Josephineā€™s tobac. prowess. Aside from that though, I really appreciate yā€™alls work.

2 Likes

It needs a very long steep to get rid of the perfume but then it is rather a nice vape.

1 Like

I have Classic Cigar and that one has a musty taste to it too, I canā€™t say I like it. Maybe with the right combination of other flavours it could improve, but I wouldnā€™t know which ones. I found a bottle that I made about 4 months ago and time has not improved the flavour. Musty, mouldy, meh, Iā€™ve had better cigar flavours.

1 Like

Wow ā€¦ Those are great reviews and I love how you put your own personality into them. Well Done @Kinnikinnick!!!

1 Like

When it comes to Inawera flavors, I tend to favor their fruits. I personally love their ā€œPeachā€ and ā€œGrapesā€ flavors. Spot on.

1 Like

Thx @Mourning_Gloryā€¦ Iā€™ve been a bit remiss in posting reviews here lately.:pensive: I need to get off my butt and get back to it! I would have been in the dark a year or so ago, if it werenā€™t for people posting reviews of flavorings.

Even if the review is only two or three lines long, sometimes thatā€™s enough to let someone know whether or not the flavoring would be enjoyable to them. :yum: I think many people feel as if they HAVE to make it one of those 1000 word reviews, telling the equipment used, the six batch percentage test or which way the wind was blowing that particular day they tested each batch! :rage: Screw that!!

Did you like it? What did it taste like? Is it usable? A few words is all it takes. :smirk:

3 Likes

I agree. I appreciate the time and effort it takes to do a proper and unbiased review of flavors but to be honest, I would prefer if the author just skipped most of the gobbly-gook and just provided the necessary information to make a better educated decision on whether or not the flavor is something I would purchase. Just like you stated ā€¦ [quote=ā€œKinnikinnick, post:261, topic:14166ā€]
Did you like it? What did it taste like? Is it usable?
[/quote]

2 Likes

wow ā€¦ I just earned my first quote ā€¦ :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Congrats! Now, on to the links, nice posts, nice share, etc.! Go man, Go!!! :wink:

1 Like

I never could have done it without you @Kinnikinnick!!! Thanks ā€¦ :sweat_smile:

1 Like