Inawera Tasting Notes

lolololol…you’re killing me, Boy!!

2 Likes

That’s not the Confederate Battle Flag, that’s the Mississippi state flag. Not that it even matters. The Rachel Maddow’s of the world are thoroughly uneducated about the CBF so yeah, it would happen. Maybe next they’ll come out with a camel shit flavor and call it ISIS, with two football helmets clashing with the word Sunni on one and Shia on the other. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

I recently had some rather disturbing results with Inawera flavors. I love the peach and cactus, so I bought the mango and blueberry from ECX. I tried the mango right away because I love mangoes. It had a very strong pine flavor to it at 2%. Now I get that mangoes can have a subtle pine flavor towards the skin, but this was overpowering. I could just barely taste the peachy, fruity mango flavor and the rest was like smelling and inhaling a Christmas tree. Ok, so I thought maybe thats how their mango is and I won’t bother with it any more.

Several weeks later I remembered I had the blueberry and decided to try it in a candy recipe I vape a lot. I about gagged on the first draw. PINE! Really strong pine. Stronger than the mango. I checked and double checked. The blueberry tastes like pine. I dumped it out, made the exact same recipe with FA Blueberry extra and it was fine.

I am wondering if somewhere along the line someone screwed up. Is this PineSol in the packaging equipment that didn’t get rinsed out correctly? Did a pine scent or flavor accidentally get dumped in some flavors?

Anyone else had this happen with Inawera Mango or Blueberry?

I don’t do many fruit flavors, but, I did have one tobacco (INW Dark Tobacco) which wasn’t supposed to have a mint flavor, turn out to carry a “cane mint” note. I can’t imagine what INW flavor would carry a “pine” note. :thinking:

1 Like

For sure I’d ask them at ECX, just click https://www.ecigexpress.com/helpdesk/customer/index/ they are helpfull folks and may have goofed up, If they did they will fix it, If not they will at least discuss it with you.

1 Like

As a followup, I chatted with Derek at ECX. According to their mixologist, some of the Inawera flavors have a pine lemon flavor that will subside with a minimum 2 week steep. I am skeptical since the pine is so strong,but to be fair I will mix up each at 2% with 70/30 VG PG and see what happens with a long steep.

4 Likes

1-10% 1-10% source: Inawera Flavors | Inawera E-Juice Flavorings

Mango
Single flavor recommendations: 12
Average quantity: 5.2% (Median: 5.0%)
Minimum used quantity: 1.0%
Maximum used quantity: 8.0%

Blueberry
Single flavor recommendations: 7
Average quantity: 3.4% (Median: 4.0%)
Minimum used quantity: 2.0%
Maximum used quantity: 5.0%

the lemon taste in Inw Lemon Cake mellows out much in a 3-4 weeks steep time…and cake part will be more prominenet.

3 Likes

Creams always mute, rounds out the total taste

1 Like

These flavours were sent to me for review, but the views expressed are my own.They may or may not become commercially available or the finished flavour may be revised and are reviewed in a format Inawera request from their flavour testers.

Custard

The sample concentrations: 10, 15, 20, 25, 30 (Drops) / 10 (ml)
Base: Inawera VG Bio Baza
Curing time: 17 Days
Tested on: Ijoy Tornado Nano 0.2ohm Kanthal @ 45W
Short description: British Ready Made Custard Flavour

best concentration:
20 Drops * / 10ml

The evaluation of the advantages of flavor:
a) mapping dedicated flavor in the mix / flavor (in the absence of comparison) (0-4pkt)
(0-poor / bland / mistake 1-sufficient, 2-good, 3-exemplary, 4-ideal)

b) The intensity of flavor (0-2pkt)
(0-poor 1-medium, 2-high)

c) The composition of flavor / general flavor is … (0-3pkt)
(0-neuter-1 common, 2 good, 3-excellent / excellent)

d) Bookmark (0-3pkt)
(0-no, 1- as an occasional 2-as a permanent ‘interlude’ '3-continuous clouding)

OVERALL ASSESSMENT:
(sum of points a + b + c + d) 10

NOTES: Closest custard flavour I have found to a ready mix or off the shelf custard flavour that you get from the likes of Birds or Ambrosia here in the UK. Vanilla a little strong but overall this is how I like my custard in real life and it works well in this vape for me…

Sesame

Curing time: 14 Days
Short description: A buttery bakery flavour

best concentration:
25 Drops * / 10ml

a) mapping dedicated flavor in the mix / flavor (in the absence of comparison) (0-4pkt)

d) Bookmark (0-3pkt)

OVERALL ASSESSMENT:
(sum of points a + b + c + d) 11

NOTES: An absolute stunning finished flavour, I love Bakery flavours and the finished flavour this produces is just brilliant. It has a real buttery taste with a hint of burnt biscuit to it along with a doughy note to it. Nice enough on its own, but really looking forwards to using this in cake and doughnut mixes. A1 Would also use this at a much lower drops % in mixes than the standalone test amount I have put here.

Panettone

Steeping time: 17 Days
Short description: Candies Orange Bread Flavour

best concentration:
25 Drops * / 10ml

d) Bookmark (0-3pkt)

OVERALL ASSESSMENT:
(sum of points a + b + c + d) 10

NOTES: Very Nice bread flavour that has a slightly dominant candied orange taste to the finished flavour, with a pleasant sweetness that reminds me of sultanas and currants.
(My xmas day vape sorted) :grinning:

Woodruff

Short description: Sweet aromatic vape

best concentration:
15 Drops / 10ml

d) Bookmark (0-3pkt)

OVERALL ASSESSMENT:
(sum of points a + b + c + d) 5

NOTES: A slightly peppery sweetness to a flavour that has a faint hint of a vanilla extract type flavour in the background. Definitely a mixer for me rather than as a standalone. But may add an interesting note to any mix it has been used in?

Prickly Pear

Short description: Exactly like Watermelon?

best concentration:
15 Drops * / 10ml

d) Bookmark (0-3pkt)

OVERALL ASSESSMENT:
(sum of points a + b + c + d) 5

NOTES: I wasn’t sure what to expect for this flavour. All I got was a flavour that tasted no different to a Watermelon flavour?

Summer Feeling

Short description: Blackcurrant Candy Chew like flavour

best concentration:
25 Drops * / 10ml

d) Bookmark (0-3pkt)

OVERALL ASSESSMENT:
(sum of points a + b + c + d) 9

NOTES: A pleasant Blackcurrant candy flavour with other currant/berry flavours hinted at but hard to recognise due to the intensity of the main flavour for me

Thanks to Marcin as ever for the chance to sample these flavours.

11 Likes

Thanks so much for sharing these!

@Pugs1970… check out the custard - sounds amazeballs!!

3 Likes

oooh…no!..stop it! haha…no more!!

2 Likes

Their Dark for Pipe is simply amazing. I combine withe other ingredients and it is a superb vape. I am in need of much more.

1 Like

Just tried my INW Mississippi after a 3 day steep @ 4% standalone and yum, very tasty. Might be able to replicate it with the e-aromat pineapple (Ananas) and a cream but for a standalone flavor is is real tasty.

Omg your description just sold that at least 20 times.

1 Like

I love all my inawera flavors they are all very concentrated but once you find there sweet spot they are wonderful. I have nougat, milk chocolate, strawberry milk chocolate, biscuit I love all of these and when gremlin diy pick up strawberry shisha I am buying this one because I keep reading good things and because I use all the inawera flavors I have and luckily gremlin diy is picking up shisha Strawberry very soon they have already told us its coming soon.

1 Like

Hey guys!

I just got Rhubarb, Black Current and Apricot.

Not a lot of recipes for any of them out there (a few but… you know)

Looking for anyone who wants to steer me in the right direction with ideas for a good mix with these flavors for those who have experience with them. I will be grateful for ANY ideas, tips or even warnings lol

I’ve got the rhubarb to try…I think it’s quite potent from what I read up - will be watching this thread!

1 Like

So far Black Current and Apricot smell awesome. Rhubarb is powerful… not sure yet.

1 Like

Haven’t mixed it from individual ingredients, but Inawera Pink Panther is a lush fruity mix consisting of at least Rhubarb, Strawberry and Redcurrant.

Haven’t seen Redcurrant as an individual concentrate yet. But trying the Rhubarb with Strawberry Shisha if you have it or maybe TPA Strawberry Ripe, might be worth a try.

3 Likes