Inawera Tasting Notes

I’ve had juices with Ashtray in them. They were always tobacco blends back when I was a fairly new vaper. I’ve since decided that I don’t like tobacco flavors as much as i used to and so more realism to smoking is even less desirable. However,…

I once had a thought about getting some of this (and maybe Latakia) to try and mimic one of my favorite whiskeys. I happen to adore single malt Scotch, and one of the more precious types in my opinion comes from the Islay region of Scotland. Those here who are familiar with this already know where I’m heading!

Some of the distilleries in Islay will heat their barley by using smoldering peat which has a very pungent smoke. This smoke makes its way through the malting floor and penetrates the barley grain, thus imparting a distinctive smoky flavor into the whiskey. Here is a great article where you can learn more about the malting process. For more intriguing reading, search single malt Scotch whiskey to learn the difference between single malt and all other forms of whiskey.

5 Likes

Maybe smoke and prunes will get you that smokiness.

4 Likes

It possibly would. I’ve never had it and while I can’t say I’ve tasted prunes in an Islay - it’s not unreasonable either to think it would work. Perhaps I’ll give it a go one day. Thanks for the suggestion.

2 Likes

Not long after I started vaping, but before I started DIY (in other words, not long ago…), I was perusing a local vendors site… amazed at the possibilities… fruits… sweets… beverages… tobacco’,s… ‘WOW’ I thought.
Then I came across this stuff called DNB… Hmmm… whats this stuff? So I read on…
"After popular demand, we have decided to stock this scaringly accurate
concentrate. Made by Inawera, this concentrate replaicates the ashtray
taste of cigarettes."
WTF!!! …Popular demand??? Who, in their right FKing mind could possibly want to vape a fking ashtray??!!
Now it makes sense!! Thanks for that @Pro_Vapes. Yep, I’ll give it a shot.

1 Like

The INW Smoke and Prunes is one to respect, when it comes to the percentage used; strong stuff. The FA Black Fire will also give you that smoky, almost campfire, flavor to the mix. Both of these can overpower the mix in a hurry at high percentages. Suggested start % is .2g; you can always add more later.

2 Likes

I can’t find anything on the Shisha vanilla? Has anyone tried this or can report on it’s worth? I have a chance to get a 30ml but seeing as I already have a lot of vanillas I would only get it if it’s unique…I didn’t see any info on it through the link

Someone once said it tasted like aloe vera to them and since then I have yet to get that desricption/ taste perception out of my mind. It’s taste is a featherly type of quality to it’s mouthfeel and I do pick up a sense of spiceness and fruitness to it maybe a pear.

It has blended nicely with watermelon, mint, pear and @DarthVapor has a nice mix with dragon fruit http://tjek.nu/r/1LeH and @daath has a nice one with the melons and dragon fruit as well http://tjek.nu/r/1CRF and I have one with melons and lime which was pretty good http://tjek.nu/r/1NpC

I see you went a totally new direction with mango and fig ! mmmhh sounds good.

2 Likes

There’s no question for me, I love me some cactus! It freshens up some mixes and changes others, I like it!

I never go any higher than 1.2% or it just takes over and you’ll burn yourself out on it…

I have tons of personal recipes with it and just snagged a 4oz of it since I use it so much :smile:

I have a peach one that turned out pretty good and then one of my favorites is my Prickly Dream

4 Likes

I’ve got the Classic Royal Club Tobacco and the Classic Cigar. The Royal Club is a very nice, smooth mix of Virginia blends. I wasn’t impressed with the Classic Cigar though, it tasted sort of musty. Maybe I have to adjust percentages or something. I’ve only made one batch with it. I will withhold a definite meh until I have some more time with it.

1 Like

I figured I’d revive this old thread for the tobacco flavor users. I noticed this flavor is becoming more popular these days. Give it a try in your tobacco vapes… It can turn a average tobacco recipe into a great vape.

Recently I have been dabbling in the tobacco flavors. I haven’t tried the Inawera NDB “yet”. I’ll throw it in my next cart though, and give it a try. I like a little Hickory Smoke TFA, about .33%. It’s a strong one to. Also it adds a bit of saltiness, I like. That, and I’m really liking a bit of Acetyl Pyrazine 5% at .5%, in my tobacco mixes. Thanks for the ideas and suggestions.

My Dad use to grow tobacco when I was younger. Most tobacco flavorings I’ve tasted, taste like what uncured tobacco smells like while it hangs in the barn to dry. Also, he chewed loose leaf tobacco. I remember It always smelled like raisins or prunes to me.

2 Likes

It’s a great tobacco additive/finisher. I use it in most of my tobacco recipes @ .5 to .75%… it doesn’t take much to give an ash flavor to your tobacco recipes. It requires a steep to get the full effect.

1 Like

Cool, I was just wondering the percentage you use, thanks.

OK, so I read on here the cactus gives kind of a fresh taste. So for fun I put 5 drops in 30 ML in some menthol recipes. I’m trying it in a menthol peachy thing and it does “brighten” the recipe a bit, it’s kind of cool… but man you know it’s in there. Maybe next time I will try 1 drop per 10 ml. @DarthVapor will it settle into the mix a bit? (I just mixed this today)

It may settle a little but not much. It is VERY easy to over do it with the cactus! I never use more than 1.2% and even though I don’t use it as a booster (I prefer other flavors for this) I would start at .2% which would be about 1 drop per 10 ml

1 Like

We will be adding 5% VG to those bottles lol

1 Like

I love using the INW Cactus in my fruity recipes but at only 0.5%. It really seems to add a wetness to the vape.

2 Likes

I read tasting notes by @Mofogger on FLV Tropical Punch where he describes that it has a good flavor but is lacking juicy texture, and has a flatness to it…So I made a mix the other nite and threw in some Cactus to it…Got it steeping now…Looking forward to tasting it… :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yep, I’m vaping on a menthol recipe I let sit overnight with 5 drops in 30 ML. It adds a very nice full mouth feel and new dimension to the mix but @Bearkat and @DarthVapor are right. It’s like a coffee flavor, its trying to run the show. 1 drop per 10 ml is it for sure. I’m going to have to cut these bottles with 5% VG and re-add a drop of menthol, mint and the other flavors I tested in these. This is really nice stuff though, I’m glad you guys suggested it!

1 ml of VG 1 drop of menthol and 2 drops of peppermint fixed it… whew!

3 Likes