Inawera Tasting Notes

http://ukvapers.org/Thread-INAWERA-Pipe-Range

Thread from UK Vapers Forum

Inawera ‘Flavour Shisha’ Range Reviews

2 Likes

I found this on VU. It may come in handy for some Tobacco fans. From their discussion some are saying these are NETs.

Cessnapix, Aug 10, 2014 #486

Now that I read these description a bit better they do sound very much like NETS. I wish I would have bought the classic American also.

Examples;

Classic Cigarilos ~ Flavour composed from the highest quality tobacco leaves. Special way of air drying allows to gain delicate and noble vanilla taste.

Classic Cigar~ Fabulous Cuban cigar full of ground & oak notes with a gentle coffee & honey taste.

Classic Bright Blend ~ 100% clear leaves of bright Virginia. Combination of natural tobacco aroma and dry haystack. Very sophisticated smell of fresh ground, delicate pepper, flowers & fruits. This type of tobacco is mostly used in popular American cigarettes.

American Classic ~ Classic composition of Black Cavendish tobacco blend, delicate Burley and sweet Virginia with well balanced proportions & sweet but not adducer aroma. Fresh fruits notes and a hint of vanilla. The flavour has fantastic smell & along with other blends makes very good all day vaping.

Classic MB ~ American type" tobacco blend with very delicate floral notes.

Classic CLM ~ Absolutely cult flavour, rich in white, delicate Virginia blend with oriental Turkish tobacco and seasoned with note of vanilla.

Classic Royal Yacht Tobacco ~ The most luxury tobacco flavor with well balanced sweetness gained through carefully prepared Virginia leaves. Added afterwards to richer, heavier & slightly smoky Virginia blends to obtain unique spicy tobacco notes.

Classic Max Blend~ Very brave herbal-deciduous blend with rich, warm and sweet tobacco notes. Ideal for beginners looking for clear & deep tastes.

Classic Oriental ~ Oriental blend of sweet Virginia, with hint of Latakia and spicy notes. Full composition of tobacco notes. Ideal addition flavour for tobacco blends as well as on it’s own.

Classic RY0~ Naturally tempting tobacco blend. Virginia enriched with latakia, oriental tobacco & delicate caramel peanuts notes.

Classic Smooth Leaf ~ Aromatic tobacco leaves emanate with sweet hay notes, tea & delicate fruit notes with rose oil, what gives smooth & light taste. Tobacco dried with pipe-fire method is the most aromatic tobacco type in the world.

Classic Virginia ~ The best type of Virginia blends- outstanding sweet, brown flue - cured, and golden (bright) virginia, more aromatic and richer by “fruit acids”.

Classic WNST ~ Super tobacco blend from rich family “American blend” with very subtle honey notes.

6 Likes

I’ve been researching Tobacco flavors trying to educate myself on what makes a good premium tobacco. In my quest I came across A Sub Reddit group on Tobacco tasting notes. I never new so much detail went into reviewing a fine cigar. Some reviewers will downgrade a cigar because of the ash. So one thing I found out was how important the ash play into a good cigar flavor. So I googled ash and eliquid and this flavor popped up. So about a month ago I ordered it and gave it a shot and the results blew me away. This is the finisher to your Tobacco recipes. So far I’ve had only one recipe come to full steep, but I can taste a huge difference when I use this flavor. You talk about rounding out a mix. This will be in all my mixes for now own. Give it a shot and I’m sure you’ll be impressed too.

This review is from ECF…
Tobacco DNB WG “Ashy” - VPG. Power Smoke - 2 drops on 5ml - [​IMG]

Flavoring aroma in bottle - Wet ashes

E-liquid aroma in bottle - Nothing, faint nicotine smell only

Not being a tobacco liquid user, and having already experienced Smoke & Prunes, I decided to tread lightly on this one so I wouldn’t end up over-flavoring it from the beginning. I do get the same similar “Ashy” aspect in this as I taste in Smoke & prunes, but no where near as strong, so I think I mixed wisely as this is meant to be a flavor for “Dirty Neutral Base” without creating it’s own overpowering flavor (Unless you want that, in which case I’m sure it can deliver).

For the 2 drops on 5ml, I taste a light “Ashy” aspect, and then possibly an even lighter tobacco hint. So I would say 2-3 drops per 5ml is perfect for adding a light “Dirtiness” to any tobacco flavored liquid, more if you want a stronger “Ash” note. For creating a general Nic/PG/VG base with this, intending to use it for tobacco liquids, I would recommend the tested amount of 2 drops per 5ml or 4 per 10ml ratio because you don’t want your “Base” to be too strongly flavored, if you did want it stronger I’d still suggest that for the base and then add some drops of this flavoring later as you mix out each bottle, that way you will be able to easily control and customize the “Ashy” aspect that this flavor brings.

This flavoring does require a steep to bring out the “Ashy” note, at least 5 days to a week, preferably two weeks before it really comes out! If you do not steep, the “Ash” note is simply non-existent, don’t say we didn’t warn you (@ non-steep believers)!

Suggested usage 4-5 drops per 10ml for light ash, stronger untested but I’d guess 6-10 drops per 10ml would bring plenty of ash to the party!

Overall Rating - 8/10 - Here’s your ashes, please enjoy!

5 Likes

Inawera Cactus

I’d like here other users view of this flavor to see if I’m off base with my impressions.

I like the taste and mouthfeel of this INW Cactus. Such a different twist on flavor and mouthfeel. It adds a bit of green to the mix. This may go well with a hint of menthol because it has tobacco feel to it. It may even enhance tobacco flavors. It also deliver a very nice throat hit. I feel I must explore this flavor more. It has a lot of possibilities.

2 Likes

I agree with the mouth feel and the green effect. As others have said I get the profile of aloe when used in low percents. I like adding it to fruit mixes especially strawberry. Cactus inw and cucumber FA are my favs to add to bright fruit mixes.

Since I don’t vape a lot of tobacco’s I could say if it would be good there. But I’ve been playing with latika FA and fuji FA together. May be tempted to add 0.25% cactus inw to see what happens.

Hi, i was sent this by mistake, (dnb wg ashy) and being a relative novice on tobacco vapes i haven`t really thought about using it, i cant get enough of FA glory as a single mix @ 2% and im looking for things to mix with it now, what % would you suggest? Cheers.

I use it from 0.25-.5%. I’ve seen some mixers using it up to 1%. Below is a little info that might help.

Vape Mail! 2015-2016 - #1607 by Pro_Vapes

3 Likes

These flavours were sent to me for review, but the views expressed are my own.They may or may not become commercially available or the finished flavour may be revised and are reviewed in a format Inawera request from their flavour testers.

Aroma: Cranberry

sample concentrations: 5, 10, 15, 20, 25 ( Drops * ) / 10 (ml)
Base: VG Bio Base
Maturing time: 14 days
Tested on: Ijoy Combo Rdta 0.5 ohm Dual Coil on Smok Treebox Plus

Short description: More like a cranberry Jelly than the fruit itself, but not overly sweet and a very pleasant finished vape. Should add an interesting twist to fruit mixes

The best concentration:
25 Drops per / 10ml

scoring:
a) mapping dedicated flavor in the mix / flavor (in the absence of comparison) (0-4pkt) Points: 3
(0-weak / bland / mistake 1-sufficient 2- good, 3-exemplary, 4-ideal)

b) The intensity of flavor (0-2pkt) Points: 2
(0-poor 1-medium, 2-high)

c) The composition of the flavor / aroma is generally … (0-3pkt) Points: 3
(0 -nijaki, 1 common, 2 good, 3-wborny / excellent)

d) I add to favorites / I wapował (0-3pkt) Points: 3
(0-no, 1-rare-2 sometimes 3 often / continuous clouding)

OVERALL ASSESSMENT: 11
(sum of points a + b + c + d)

Aroma: Blackberry

Short description: No floral notes at all concentration levels and although more candy like flavour than the real fruit only taste. A good blackcurrant finished taste overall

The best concentration:
20 Drops * / 10ml

scoring:
a) mapping dedicated flavor in the mix / flavor (in the absence of comparison) (0-4pkt) Points: 2

c) The composition of the flavor / aroma is generally … (0-3pkt) Points: 2

d) I add to favorites / I wapował (0-3pkt) Points: 2

OVERALL ASSESSMENT: 8

Aroma: Blood Orange

Short description: I liked this orange flavour, mixed well with no separation from base. The overall orange flavour wasn’t over sweetened and the citric/bitter rind flavour was in the background and not the dominant note that some oranges have. Not a juicy orange flavour, but a good balance of the different taste sensations you get from an orange

The best concentration:
25 Drops per / 10ml

scoring:
a) mapping dedicated flavor in the mix / flavor (in the absence of comparison) (0-4pkt) Points: 3

c) The composition of the flavor / aroma is generally … (0-3pkt) Points: 3

d) I add to favorites / I wapował (0-3pkt) Points: 3

OVERALL ASSESSMENT: 11

Aroma: Peppermint
Maturing time: 28 days

Short description: A disappointing overall flavour. This had a very harsh note to it and suffered with flavour fade very quickly after mixing at all concentrate measurements. No sugary taste to it whilst vaing that I am used to from other peppermint flavours tried previously.

The best concentration:
20 Drops * / 10ml

scoring:
a) mapping dedicated flavor in the mix / flavor (in the absence of comparison) (0-4pkt) Points: 0

b) The intensity of flavor (0-2pkt) Points: 0

c) The composition of the flavor / aroma is generally … (0-3pkt) Points: 1

d) I add to favorites / I wapował (0-3pkt) Points: 0

OVERALL ASSESSMENT: 1
(sum of points a + b + c + d

There was a new banana flavour as part of the samples this time. I don’t like banana, so unable to review it.

8 Likes

As always, very much appreciate you sharing your findings with us!

I hope they continue to refine their blueberry.
I know that I received their “blue dwarf” from a kind soul here (thanks again Dan!) for testing, and I can say that, while it wasn’t thrilled with it, it was one of the few Ina flavors that I’ve had that I wasn’t blown away by. (Which was a bit disappointing)

I was on a TFA blueberry extra kick early in, then found FW blueberry surpassed it. And that’s where I’ve been stuck ever since (as far as that flavor goes). Sadly, I wasn’t impressed at all with FA’s Bilberry, which is highly regarded amongst many. I guess it’s just too European for me (or rather, too far removed from the American species of blueberry that my palette is accustomed to)… Don’t get me wrong, it’s nice in it’s own right, it’s just not what I am looking for. lol

/continues hoping for another winner from Inawera. Come oooooon Ina blueberry!
Don’t make me go MF on you… :laughing:

2 Likes

@Lolly I’m one of the “weirdos” who can’t vape Cap VC, despite my complete and utter love FOR VC. There’s something off putting in it for me, AND, some of the other Cap “vanilla” based flavors. Sucks, but, I’m working through it. On a lark picked up the INW Custard, and have not had a chance to mix it, but smelling alone, WOW. What are your thoughts on it ?

1 Like

I am not @Lolly lol but to me the INW Custard started out somewhat nutty then after steep (2+ months at 2%) it had a very distinct coconut taste. Tasted like a rich coconut cream pie filling. Perhaps 2% is too high and the coconut aspect was a result… Not sure.

2 Likes

Vc inw is my FAVORITE. When mixed simple with some marshmallow and a little fresh cream it vapes like it smells to me. And eggy vanilla custard.

3 Likes

I think it’s the one custard I have left to buy :laughing:

Thanks for the reminder though - I shall order some asap :grin:

1 Like

Shisha Orange- This definitely smells of real orange, very similar to FLV Orange Citrus, only it tastes wayyyyy better. I haven’t found what to use it in yet, but at 1.2 as a single flavor, it was plenty strong. I could actually see using it for a great orange cream, I just have yet to find the perfect creams for that combo. Not harsh, but solo, it does taste kind of meh. Maybe pair it with another orange or other flavors (obviously) but this is definitely a solid orange flavor. No off notes to it and no weird orange taste that some seem to provide.

Shisha Lemon- As many have said, this is a surprisingly sweet lemon, on its own. A bit harsh at 1.75, but still good. I am really enjoying this lemon, but am still struggling to find its place in recipes. I would have to say that it is on the opposite side of the spectrum from MF flower, IDK how, but it is definitely a different animal. Will have to work with this more, but I have tried most lemons and will be reaching for this one again.

5 Likes

Trying to place my first order with them, but strangely their INAWERA coupon for first orders that’s supposed to give you 15% off only gives me 6% off. Anyone know why? Or know of any other working coupon? :disappointed:

1 Like

Are you using the code INAWERA for those 15% off? To my knowledge that is a one time usage code on their site.
And what site are you on. They do have more than one.
I use www.inawera.com

1 Like

@Norseman I’m on www.inaweraflavours.com. I just tried www.inawera.com, but I’m unable to even create an account. Keeps getting error on date of birth of all things.

1 Like

Try clearing your cookies/cache on your browser.
That usually kills repeat loops.

2 Likes

You are doing it from your phone aren’t you?
Had a friend trying to make an account on the site over the phone and it didn’t work. Do it from a computer and it will work just fine.

2 Likes