Inawera Tasting Notes

Nope, the problem is with their website. I tried with both firefox and chrome. Their date of birth section gives an example of Date of Birth: DD/MM/YYYY (np. 21/12/1972), but if you use their popup DOB feature, you will get this 21-12-1972. Both types gave me the same error for both browsers.

1 Like

Strange, my friend had that issue over the phone and it was solved by using a computer. At the time when he tried i went to the site and made an account and it worked immediately for me with no issues at all.

1 Like

I have seen no mention of Pitaya (Dragonfruit) by INW, has anyone had any experience with this? It seems most people use TFA Dragonfruit, but I am trying to branch out a bit more.

1 Like

I have it, and I think itā€™s excellent!
Sorry I canā€™t provide any comparison to TFAā€™s version though, as Iā€™ve never tried theirs.

5 Likes

TPA is more true to the real taste of a Dragonfruit, but INW is good also, just a bit sharper and more ā€œgreenā€ and artificial. They do complement each other well in a mix though.

6 Likes

More green and artificial? Very interesting, I was hoping to find a more candy-like one and the artificial part fits that, but the green not so much.

Hmmā€¦

Will probably just end up buying it anyway, haha. This hobby is going to make me broke! I just canā€™t get enough flavors, it is an addiction!

@Sprkslfly
Is it candy-like or does it lean more towards a real fruit?

5 Likes

Sadly I have no clue.
Never had the luxury of having the real thing in this case.
All I can offer is itā€™s a flavor I took a chance on (based on otherā€™s recommendations here) and am happier for it! Lol

5 Likes

Reviewing some flavors from my first Inawera order (yep, second one on the way).

Shisha Strawberry -
@5% it smells amazing, but I think I could have gone for higher percentage. Sour strawberry taste.

Tobacco ā€œMentholā€ -
I bought this thinking it was tobacco flavor + menthol, but itā€™s basically just menthol, no tobacco, though it smells more like a mixture of peppermint and spearmint. I have a 10% menthol crystal in PG mixture and itā€™s a different smell. I do like it, though.

RY4 -
Iā€™m always so confused by RY4 flavors. Iā€™ve tried a few from other brands and still canā€™t find a common theme besides tobacco. This one smells sweet and a bit almondy.

VANILLA for PIPE -
@7% itā€™s still not very strong. I think I can go up to 10% and be okay. The ā€œPIPEā€ part is very subtle to me. Basically, itā€™s just warm vanilla. Mixed with mint, itā€™s amazing.

DARK for PIPE -
I havenā€™t done anything with this one. It smells exactly like an ashtray. I quit smoking so I wouldnā€™t smell like one. If I were to use this, itā€™d have to be around 0.1% and mixed with very refreshing notes. Wonder how itā€™d fare in combination with Cactus?

2 Likes

I think youā€™ll get rid of the ā€œsourā€ in the strawberry, and get more flavor out of your vanilla for pipe (as itā€™s almost gotto be muting at that %) if you drop your percentages to 2%-3%.

YMMV, but Iā€™ve never had a cause to go above 3% on any Inawera Iā€™ve used. Some are even as low as 0.25% (mix mint, Spearmint).

Definitely appreciate your sharing your thoughts though! =)

6 Likes

Linked from another thread since itā€™s relevant to the ongoing reformulation of certain flavors.

(update on Lime In particular)

Inawera Summer Test Flavours 2017

These flavours were sent to me for review, but the views expressed are my own.They may or may not become commercially available or the finished flavour may be revised and are reviewed in a format Inawera request from their flavour testers.

All were tested on a Lost vape Paranormal at 48W with a Freemax Starre Pure Tank and 0.5 ohm ceramic coil. The Base used was VG Bio Baza at 12mg

Flavour Juicy Lemon

(Short) description of the blend / taste impression: Decent Lemon Flavour well rounded, not to sharp and slightly candy sweet in the finished flavour. More suited to recipes than standalone for me. But one I would definitely use.

Proposed amount of aroma (% / gtt) per 10 ml. Base

Tested between 10 -30 drops per 10ml found 20 drops were sufficient for a standalone but would use 10-15 drops in a mix, I found it did seperate and needed shaking before adding to the tank.

Scoring flavor qualities:
a) mapping a dedicated flavor in the mix / palatability (in the absence of comparison) (0-4pkt)
(0-weak / bland / mistake, 1-sufficient, good-2, 3-exemplary, 4 ā€¢ Perfect)

b) intensity of aroma (0-2pkt)
(0-poor, 1-average, 2-high)

c) the composition of the aroma / flavor is generally ā€¦ (0-3pkt)
(0-neuter 1-common, good-2, 3-delicious / excellent)

d) Add to favorites (0-3pkt)
(0-not as an occasional 1, 2 as a permanent ā€œspacerā€ '3 for continuous clouding)

General mark: 10
(total points a + b + c + d)

Pair Of Pears

(Short) description of the blend / taste impression: A very good finished pear flavour, that although is sweet, has a sour note to it also. Like this one

Tested between 10 - 30 drops per 10ml found 15 drops were sufficient for my tastes as a standalone, but still worked at higher amounts

a) mapping a dedicated flavor in the mix / palatability (in the absence of comparison) (0-4pkt)

(0-not as an occasional 1, 2 as a permanent ā€œspacerā€ '3 for continuous clouding)

General mark: 11

Gusto Mojito

(Short) description of the blend / taste impression: Could only taste Rum and Mint. Found the finished flavour very muted and bland. Needs some lime and sugar, not sure tonic water as a flavour is possible. But as with all mojito concentrates the finished flavour lacks it and therefore doesnā€™t work for me

Tested between 10-30 drops per 10ml 15 drops produced a finished flavour for me

General mark: 1

Koolada

(Short) description of the blend / taste impression: Koolada is what it is and this is a decent one, a menthol/peppermint finish without the icy blast. Would be happy to use this in the future

mixed between 10-30 drops per 10ml and found 10 or 15 drops was more than sufficient to produce the Koolada effect as a standalone or in a mix

General mark: 8

Rumble Crumble

(Short) description of the blend / taste impression: I didnā€™t personally enjoy this, It tasted of Slightly Spiced Brandy with a sweet (Bahrani) Apple taste. No crumble came through for me.

Mixed at various measurements between 10-30 drops per 10ml

General mark: 4

Passion Flower

(Short) description of the blend / taste impression: Reminded of Rose and Peach, very floral and not something I could vape regularly, but for people who like floral, it may be of interest

Mixed at various amounts between 10 -30 drops 15 drops were sufficient for a strong finished flavour

General mark: 4

Yes We Cheesecake

(Short) description of the blend / taste impression: Very strong heavy cream pudding flavour with a hint of vanilla, not much biscuit base. decent flavour but the smell of the finished liquid in the bottle is a little off putting, smells strongly of Butyric acid to me.

15 Drops per 10ml

General mark: 8

Zwei Peanuts

(Short) description of the blend / taste impression: Strong peanut flavour with a tasted of toasted skin to it. Found this a little less sugary than the original peanut flavour. I assume the second nut in this flavour tempers the sweetness slightly

Very strong and 10 drops per 10ml were suffice as a standalone flavour for me and even less needed in a mix.

General mark: 10

There was an extra flavour for review called Nut Only Banana, but I donā€™t do banana so unable to review it.

9 Likes

SHISHA GOLDEN APPLE
If someones want a Shisha Nakhla style tobacco this is it. I make it at about 2.5% - 2.7%. As SnV realy good with apple and anise in frond. After a week it taste a bit more tobacco and anise in frond, and baked apple in the back.

3 Likes

TY 4 yr excellent revew.

4 Likes

Inawera Flue Cured 2.25% - 2.5% single flavor.
I donā€™t now what to sayā€¦
First 3-5 days has a cocoa feeling a pyrazine at the back and maybe a touch of maltol and somethink else nice
1 week after it start to have an alchool flavor like the blue ones
2 weeks blue alcohol
3 weeks somethink very light almost no flavor and a touch of blue alcohol
4 weeks very light flavor again I canā€™t understand itā€¦
How much steep that one need???

Edit: 16 Noe. 2017
Inawera says 1%-2%
Start all over with 1%-1.20% (4 drops for 10ml finish liquid)

1 Like

Are all the INW flavors as good as their grapefruit? It is realistic and potent. Iā€™m about to do another flavor stock up.

1 Like

Generally, and historically speaking, Inawera is very very good with flavors across the board! However, they do have a scant few that are just Meh. Bear in mind though, there have been lot of flavors subject to a ā€œforced reformulationā€, that are no longer as potent (percentage wise) and also possibly slightly tweaked on the flavor profile (though I havenā€™t seen any outcry denoting anything thatā€™s drastically shiftedā€¦)

Further research (thread search here) might be in order, depending on your profile preferences (mainly fruits imo)

3 Likes

You must have missed the Milk Chocolate debacle :sunglasses:
There are two listed in the database now, Old Formula and New Formula. Apparently the New one is disgusting, I donā€™t know since I donā€™t have the new one.
The old one is pretty good.

2 Likes

/facepalm

Youā€™re absolutely correct hon.
My memory was trumped by my dejected acceptance I guess. Though I was on the front line of the pitchfork and torch brigade for the loss of their greatest of flavorsā€¦ /moment of silence/ā€¦Iā€™ve put away the pitchfork (grudgingly. I still think someone in Inaā€™s supplier chain should be found, and suitably punishedā€¦ Perhaps a forced ingestion of 5ml of TFA Kona Coffee?) the torch still has a couple of small cinders glowing, just in case they pull any more shenanigans with any more of my favorite flavors!! LMAO

4 Likes

Iā€™ve got both, and clearly the old version tastes like Milk Chocolate. The new version however ā€¦

9 Likes

Anyone have an idea of why they reformulated? Was it to get the bad chemicals out of there?

1 Like