Inawera Tasting Notes

Tpd more details in this thread

3 Likes

That :point_up: :arrow_up:

3 Likes

It wasnā€™t something they wished for (who wants to change their top selling product?).

Since Inawera doesnā€™t provide any information, we can just speculate, that it was something in there, that it shouldnā€™t be there (and they removed it / donā€™t want to use it for safety reasons). Some think it was because of the Diacetyl, some think it was more.

Btw. I have Milk Chocolate and i will keep using it. It is the best choco flavor for me; better than dark chocolate MF if you ask me. But nevertheless, i wouldnā€™t buy it again (for those safety reasons), but i am sure many would buy it anyway (but we all agree, it is still much better (safer) than smoking).

1 Like

I suggest you read the link above provided by @woftam.
The information youā€™re passing on now is completely incorrect :slightly_smiling_face:

8 Likes

@Mikser @Josephine_van_Rijn is correct. From the article that @woftam posted aboveā€¦

Due to the entrance into force the tobacco directive we were made to contact our suppliers regarding the receipts of the flavours, otherwise we could not sell our products. Most of our suppliers did not make an issue of it, but there is one, which was not inclined to give so confidential details. That is why we had, having no choice, to create a new version of the flavours.

4 Likes

is it in PG base or alcohol base ?

1 Like

Do you mean Inawera flavourings? If so, pg based :+1:

2 Likes

yes , thanks ā€¦

2 Likes

I say they are delicious based, but yeah itā€™s probably PG lol

4 Likes

Lemon Cake

Percentage Used: 1.5%

Equipment Used: Troll RDA with a single Kanthal .3 ohm Staircase coil at 27W. 24g kernel with 32g wrap, cotton wick.

PG/VG: 30/70

Steep Time: 9 Weeks

Manufacturer Description: A delicious lemon cake.

Manufacturer Suggested Percentage: 3%

Aroma: lemon, pound cake, sugar.

Flavor Description: Light and very sweet lemon, not acidic and tart like a fresh lemon. More of a lemon extract flavor as would be appropriate with cooking or baking. I am having a hard time describing the bakery/cake part of the flavor. Below the sweet lemon is an easily recognizable pound cake flavor although itā€™s missing the density or heaviness, yet it still checks the buttery and richness box in both texture and flavor. But Iā€™m also getting a slight bitterness or off flavor that is hard to describe. It reminds me of a cake, biscuit, or bread where someone added just a touch too much baking powder. Almost like a light hint of floury like bitterness you get with too much baking powder? That doesnā€™t extend into the body and mouthfeel of it though, it actually has a great moistness to the cake. The ratios of cake to fruit is rather good with the cake being slightly more prominent than the lemon, and the lemon melds into the cake for a more complex full cake flavor rather than sitting on top of it.

Off Flavors: Something I canā€™t recognize? Similar to a baked good with too much baking powder if youā€™ve ever had one.

Throat Hit: 3/10

Uses: Bakeries. Cakes, pies, muffins, danishes, ice cream or shakes.

Notes: After reading others comments on the strength of this flavor, I started with 1.5%. Itā€™s a medium strength here, Iā€™ve used it up to 2% for the main note, but I havenā€™t tried it higher as Iā€™m afraid that off note will become offensive. I have made recipes using this in the .75-1.5% range and it has made really good cakes, custard, and pies without the off taste. Iā€™m not sure what magic happens, but that strange note completely disappears with additional flavors. I wonā€™t use it single flavor due to that, but itā€™s become integral to my lemon bakeries.

This is my favorite attempt so far:

Lemon Poundcake w/Cream Cheese Icing:

1.50% Butter (CAP)
1.50% Cream Cheese Icing (LA)
3.00% Lemon (FE)
2.00% Lemon Cake (INAWERA)
1.00% Meringue (FA)
3.00% Simply Cake (Purilum)

Flavor total: 12%

10 Likes

I love your purple hair :heart_eyes:

6 Likes

Thank you!!!

Itā€™s actually a much darker and richer purple now. Iā€™ll have to take a new pic soon.

5 Likes

Wonderful write up! Oh, this will be another flavor I must add to the list!

3 Likes

did u ever use or find notes for tobacco peanut inw, jut got today but only read a mumble about 2%

1 Like

Sorry Iā€™ve never tried it and I canā€™t offer any comments on it.

I did find some reviews on ECXā€¦

http://www.ecigexpress.com/shop/diy-e-liquid/diy-e-liquid-flavors/inawera/tobacco/peanut-tobacco-by-inawera.html

2 Likes

Thks but then again have to wonder what peps are smoking as well as vaping sometimes I read this whole thread and found

big differences between .25-.5% and 2 but ill take an elr members word before ā€˜chemicalburnvictimā€™

1 Like

I gave it a go, mixed 10ml @ 2% and snvā€™d, yes i know but eager to try. It did appear slightly dry so added drop of .9% saline approx. .25%. Its not chalky like i got from tpa PB and surprised that its actually creamy. So sitting here thinking of ways i could use it in some mixes in place of PBā€™s

1 Like

Coconut Cookie (Yummy Classic)

Iā€™m not done taste testing this yet but if you like the aroma of Coco Lopez I think youā€™ll like how this smells, at least. Yummy, creamy coconut for your Pina Coladas or cakes. I want to make a coconut custard or flan.

1 Like

These flavours were sent to me for review, but the views expressed are my own.They may or may not become commercially available or the finished flavour may be revised and are reviewed in a format Inawera request from their flavour testers.

All were tested on a Lost vape Paranormal at 45W with a Freemax Starre Pure Tank and 0.5 ohm ceramic coil. The Base used was VG Bio Baza at 12mg

Although the heading says Autumn as per Inaweraā€™s description. I received them in Decemberā€¦:slight_smile:

Lychee

(Short) description of the blend / taste impression: Very sweet, slightly floral taste, with a hint of rose to it. A good representation of lychee, that I would be happy to vape as a standalone or mixer

Proposed amount of aroma (% / gtt) per 10 ml. Base

Tested between 10 -30 drops per 10ml found 15 drops were sufficient for a standalone but would use 5-10 drops in a mix,

Scoring flavor qualities:
a) mapping a dedicated flavor in the mix / palatability (in the absence of comparison) (0-4pkt)
(0-weak / bland / mistake, 1-sufficient, good-2, 3-exemplary, 4 ā€¢ Perfect)

b) intensity of aroma (0-2pkt)
(0-poor, 1-average, 2-high)

c) the composition of the aroma / flavor is generally ā€¦ (0-3pkt)
(0-neuter 1-common, good-2, 3-delicious / excellent)

d) Add to favorites (0-3pkt)
(0-not as an occasional 1, 2 as a permanent ā€œspacerā€ '3 for continuous clouding)

General mark: 9
(total points a + b + c + d)

Tribal Fury

(Short) description of the blend / taste impression: A medley of fruits that give a slightly sweet effect overall with a floral note to it, not dissimilar to the lychee. Reminded of a fruity gum type flavour overall

Tested between 10 - 30 drops per 10ml found 15 drops were sufficient for my tastes as a standalone.

a) mapping a dedicated flavor in the mix / palatability (in the absence of comparison) (0-4pkt)

(0-not as an occasional 1, 2 as a permanent ā€œspacerā€ '3 for continuous clouding)

General mark: 6

Coolada

(Short) description of the blend / taste impression: Nice menthol type flavour, with a more controlled cooling effect, than straight menthol can give. Good palate cleanser and a decent version, if coolada type vape/mixes are your thing

Tested between 10-30 drops per 10ml 10 drops produced a finished flavour for me, if you like the cooling effect, the more drops the more noticeable it becomes

General mark: 10

Jungle Frost

(Short) description of the blend / taste impression: A sweet pineapple and mango flavour with a cooling sensation from Coolada type effect on the inhale. Pleasant vape, and a little different to normal cooling flavours, I have tried before

mixed between 10-30 drops per 10ml and found 15 drops was more than sufficient to produce a finished flavour alongside the Koolada effect as a standalone for me.

Aloe L

(Short) description of the blend / taste impression: Bit of a different one this for me. Very floral, and not a pleasant standalone vape, but as 1 or 2 drops in a mix, if you like floral mixes. This should work well as a background note. Scoring as a standlaone. But as a mixer in the right mix, the marking would be different.

Mixed at various measurements between 10-30 drops per 10ml

General mark: 4

Horned Toffee

(Short) description of the blend / taste impression: A lovely creamy toffee flavour with a hint of vanilla. This needs a 1 month + steep as the cream tastes very sickly and a little acrid if vaped to early. Once fully steeped gives a great finished flavour and is worth the wait. The creamy taste give a hint of coconut, but that maybe due to the flavour compound of the cream being used, being very similar to what I have tasted in creamy coconut vapes in the past? Gives an overall fudge type finished flavour, that I have been looking for a long time for and very happy with this one.

Mixed at various amounts between 10 -30 drops 15 drops were sufficient for a strong finished flavour, but needs a 1 month + steep.

General mark: 12

Dark Lager

(Short) description of the blend / taste impression: Reminds me of the Belgian beers, that are dark and strong, with a hint of tobacco and plum and a rum note to it also. This will work well in tobacco mixes as a background note I feel, or as a slightly different standalone flavour, if you like tobacco vapes in general.

10 Drops per 10ml

Orange Gami

(Short) description of the blend / taste impression: A citric fruit mix with orange 9quite sweet for a change and not all peel) gives an orange boiled sweet flavour overall, with a slightly acidic kick. Needs constant shaking whilst it is steeping and before adding to the tank.

Very strong and 10 drops per 10ml were suffice as a standalone flavour for me and even less needed in a mix.

9 Likes

Thank you! I need that Horned Toffee in my stash! :yum::tada:

3 Likes