Influenza outbreak 1/25/2018

Totally agree. Even with insurance you can’t afford to get sick. With my whole house sick right now we are doctor poor until payday.

2 Likes

That was me and @Cutlass92 last week. We didn’t know that our insurance had lapsed until we went to get antibiotics… $450 later plus the copay fit the meds later… :flushed: that’s an expensive sinus infection!!!

2 Likes

Mortician from out West Cali told me that his morgue is full of Athletes and people under 30. Says the flu strain there is not prejudice about age and seems to take the strongest people at the same rate as those in chemo as well as those with already immune system weakened illnesses.

1 Like

Are you thinking, “Crowd Control” being managed here in the USA in flu form?

4 Likes

Truth is I’ve been expecting the SHTF for a long time and know that I am not alone. I don’t think its a matter of if, but when. Saying too much.

6 Likes

I agree 100%. Terrifying.

4 Likes

but:
Although vitamin D toxicity is a very rare condition, recent increases in supplement use may lead to an increase in reported cases. A daily intake ranging from 40,000–100,000 IU (1000–2500 micrograms), for one to several months, has been shown to cause toxicity in humans
source: How Much Vitamin D Is Too Much? The Surprising Truth

It is important to take a close look at the side effects and interactions of all your medicine because the doctors seem to just prescribe drugs without looking at what you are already taking, and what possible interactions may happen. I am wondering if the flu symptoms include nausea, vomiting, headache, and pain, if I want to take a drug with those exact side effects?

TAMIFLU may cause serious side effects, including:

Serious skin and allergic reactions . TAMIFLU can cause serious skin and allergic reactions. Stop taking TAMIFLU and get medical help right away if you get any of the following symptoms:
skin rash or hives
your skin blisters and peels
blisters or sores in your mouth
itching
swelling of your face, eyes, lips, tongue, or throat
trouble breathing
chest pain or tightness
Change in behavior. People, especially children, who have the flu, can develop nervous system problems and abnormal behavior that can lead to death. During treatment with TAMIFLU, tell your healthcare provider right away if you or your child have confusion, speech problems, shaky movements, seizures, or start hearing voices or seeing things that are not really there (hallucinations).

The most common side effects of TAMIFLU when used for treatment of the flu include nausea, vomiting, and headache.

The most common side effect of TAMIFLU when used for prevention of the flu include nausea, vomiting, headache, and pain.

Tell your healthcare provider if you have any side effect that bothers you or that does not go away. These are not all of the possible side effects of TAMIFLU.

Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800- FDA-1088.

Source: https://www.rxlist.com/tamiflu-drug.htm

So… I’m going to talk to my wife tomorrow about her current symptoms and decide if we want to reduce her dosage, discontinue the drug, or continue the Tamiflu therapy.

2 Likes

That’s why it’s NO MORE than 5 days!!! :wink: This is advice from a doctor that I used to work for. And obviously, you should check with your doctor if you’re concerned. :blush:

4 Likes

I agree. It’s definitely strange. It’s not really moving across the country, but just everywhere. And it’s way more airborne than in past years.

3 Likes

I cannot find the information now, I think it was on youtube, but it showed the influensa could be collected and incubated from an infected person just breathing (no sneeze or cough).
paper mask and rubber gloves may be the protective equipment to go to the store?

1 Like

So true, most people these days are over-medicating and taking supplements when they don’t need to. Most people who come outside regularly don’t even need vitamin D supplements. If you think/worry that you have a deficiency, have a simple blood test done by your doctor. People with darker complexions may suffer from a vitamin D deficiency a bit sooner in the more northern regions and should keep this checked in the darker winter months. Don’t believe all the advertising that says you need these things to stay healthy.

Vitamin C (and other) levels should be normal if you have a healthy diet and eat your fruits and veggies. Too much fruit isn’t healthy either because they often contain too high sugar levels.

Relying on too many supplements and medication will often do more harm than good. People who only take medication when they really need it are generally speaking healthier and have a much stronger immune system. Again, healthy diets, exercise, avoid chairs and get enough sleep to beat those bloody viruses.

1 Like

My bloodwork showed D Deficiency, so I was taking 5000 UI, when my blood test came back all normal i reduced my intake to 600 UI, for the last weeks I’ve upped it to about 1600 UI + what I get from my diet :slight_smile:

I was told by a solid and reliable source that the CDC made a man made flu strain on purpose and that it mutated but didn’t know how or why. Messing with unknowns is a very dangerous undertaking if you ask me. Makes one wonder, why would they do that in the first place and is that part of this years fatal flu problem?

5 Likes

https://www.webmd.com/vitamins-supplements/ingredientmono-779-colloidal%20silver.aspx?activeingredientid=779

Not something I’m inclined to use :crazy_face:
There are other, proven and safer ways to go about protecting yourself.

Biological weapon?

6 Likes

@Ken_O_Where sorry mate the gingers are fucked

5 Likes

Reduce unemployment?
Don’t make me tag the kitty herder, let’s keep on topic.
Influenza outbreak conspiracy theories might warrant another thread :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Im sick all the time, parly because I have no Vitamin D…even with the shots I get I am seriously deprived. With all the sun I get you would think I’d have plenty. Lack of D is also linked to cancer

Unfortunately I cant take any vitamins OTC so when I get it im just screwed for a few weeks

3 Likes

You make this not derailing threads think hard!

7 Likes

Actually, light complected people are more efficient at producing and processing vitamin D. :wink: :joy:

5 Likes