Influenza outbreak 1/25/2018

OK people, everyone off the ledges! It’s flu season. It happens every year.

If the virus mutates as fast as this thread has, the entire planet will be dead by the end of the weekend.

4 Likes

You are the master derailer :slight_smile:
But I am wondering about a plan of action against our current state of affairs, no matter how it started and and who did it. Now I’m terrible at taking pills, even last week I finished my friday pills on thursday :frowning: had to restock my pill caddy on friday morning to be right. I don’t know about the mega vitamin D therapy, but I am thinking I need to up my D & C dosage, but more like 2000 UI. When I go out I think i’m going to wear a paper mask?

2 Likes

At what point should I take my wife to the ER? I’m starting to think 103 isn’t bad 104 ER?
Also she decided to discontinue her theraflu because it was ineffective and the side effects were as bad as the flu itself.

1 Like

Don’t ask us! If you’re concerned, go!

3 Likes

As you know, flu-like symptoms can be attributed to a number of maladies. May want to get her checked out brother.

2 Likes

We just got back! her temp is just running 101, so were going to watch it. Also her BP is not too high so she skipped her BP Pill for now. I fixed her scrambled eggs with a pinch of salt and toast, I had the end of an expired jug of milk with chocolate syrup. she feeling a bit better.

4 Likes

A few years ago, tamiflu turned my daughter’s flu into a vomit filled couple days. I am sure it made her sicker.

1 Like

I’ve got lots of D to give you! With some extra special cream!

3 Likes

Unless they also have an antidote that would be a really stupid thing to do. A virus does not discriminate, anybody could get infected.

2 Likes

Or more effective vaccine…

3 Likes

It is possible that it could be man made, but people forget how susceptible to nature we really are. In the early 1900’s 25% of the us population got sick with the Spanish flu, and 675,000 people died because of it, I have listened to interviews with people that work with disease and they always say the man-made stuff is bad, but random mutations in nature are what is really terrifying. All it takes is something crossing a species barrier and we might not be able to figure out a cure before it wipes out a quarter of the population.

4 Likes

Joe Rogan had a standup bit about that, how long would people make it if the power went out? We would end up back living in caves really quick lol

2 Likes

I already liked you. Now I think I really like you.

3 Likes

It might be a bit salty.

Good to know!

1 Like

You guys, talking about spreading germs in a flu thread. For shame.

3 Likes

Aaand my wife is on a low sodium diet

2 Likes

Per the thread’s recent course, I’m sorry to hear that. On a more serious note, godspeed the recovery.

2 Likes

Yes, you can taste my cream any time!

My wife has it bad, This is day 2 of 100+ fever. I have the sniffles but no flu & no fever. We go the same places, do everything together. This year she got a flu shot & I did not. I wish I could take her flu and her not have it.

I noticed in the comments of that news article the following:
comment by
Pool Shark Kafir Goyim Jan 27, 2018 8:58 PM Permalink
Easy way to avoid the flu:

1) NEVER get the flu shot
2) Wash hands regularly
3) Use hand sanitizer whenever possible
4) Don’t touch your face unless you have just washed/sanitized your hands
5) Avoid crowded places
6) Don’t shake hands during flu season
7) Avoid anyone who is coughing/sneezing
8) If you must be in crowded places, wear a surgical mask

[These tips are from Dr. Shark, and she and I haven’t had the flu in decades despite her treating over a dozen flu patients every day in the winter… she wears a surgical mask instead of getting the flu shot (which is mostly useless and potentially harmful - read the package insert to see what you’re injecting into your body,… you won’t like it…)]

Most of the disease outbreaks we’ve had in recent years are due to 3rd world immigrants who don’t follow the above tips in their S***hole countries and so bring their poor habits, hygiene and disease to the USA. (Oh, and also the homeless living in encampments where they defecate in the streets…)

I feel that is some good information!