Influenza outbreak 1/25/2018

has she been feverish? my wife goes from 97 to 103!
And here am I, been directly exposed to her, sleep in the same bed, I still don’t have it.
I just have the sniffels

My wife also says she has never been this sick. My wifes fever and pain has been responding to advil, but just for a short time. My wife has also been enjoying a little mint chocolate chip ice cream, in small doses, it makes her feel better for 10 minutes or so.
Prayers

3 Likes

That kind of been rattling around the dark recesses here as well. In the most simplistic: “since when does “the flu” kill people?”

One would hardly consider this as “the common cold” aka the flu.

Normally, vaccinations control/mitigate common pathogens.

1 Like

This is definitely not common. That is why I have been mentioning PPE just to go to the store. If you go to your local hospital you might find a dispenser near the front door with the paper masks. I highly suggest grabbing a handful on your way out into public areas. And when you stop to grab them be sure no one is around, not so much to be discreet but to insure you are not exposed. And yes hold your breath when you run to grab them. Also carry some of the disinfectant hand wipes or liquid and keep clean.

PPE to go to store:
imageimage

My wife has it though, does anyone know what the longevity is? I’m hoping 3 days, because this is (i think) her 4th day.

The flu has fatalities every year.

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/disease/us_flu-related_deaths.htm

There is NO treatment or vaccine for “the common cold,” which is different from influenza. Flu related deaths are generally caused by related infections, such as bacterial pneumonia.

Here’s this week’s flu info from the CDC.

I’m jealous of those folks in Maine and Alaska, I don’t know if we should move there, or just go cough (breath) on them!?

1 Like

This is one graph that I found…erhm, interesting? :flushed:

1 Like

And I learned a new word today, Cyanosis is defined as a bluish discoloration…
my wife had a touch of this on 2 instances.
MY GOD, that chart shows its still on the rise!

1 Like

Most people that I have come into not-too-close of contact with have been symptomatic for a week or more.

1 Like

I dislike that :cry:
The bad thing is when she will need to go to the ER she can barely walk :weary:
I’m having to help her walk just to the bathroom.
I just told her to rotate from side to side when her chest begins hurting, also she reminded me she had fallen about a week ago so that might explain her back pain.
I do think PPE is our best idea for expeditions into public areas, I can tell by my clouds I need to wear a mask when im within 6’ of an infected person.

1 Like

I just always attributed those to being elderly, or those with compromised immune systems, etc (those who are already experiencing serious health issues). Not healthy 20-30 something’s.

1 Like

My wife is 49, when I tell her what u just said she is gunna be piiiised, But she had just gotten over the shingles so her immune system may have been compromised. That might explain why i don’t have it yet.

1 Like

Shingles is no joke! Mom had that a few years ago and she was more miserable than I recall ever seeing her (short of getting her knees scraped 30+ years ago). My sympathies.

2 Likes

I just had to tell her her flu will go another 4+ days, on top of the shingles she has been out for a while. It is all stress triggered for her, we are under alot of stress ATM :sob:.

@Beaufort_Batches I did notice in the map above that DC is not red, so those politicians may have known it was coming. But also, it looks like the shape of the red states indicate the virus may have originated in Cuba?

1 Like

Reminded me of a Mythbusters experiment…

1 Like

I’ve read between one and three weeks. :unamused:
Don’t forget to open your doors and windows at least 10 minutes a day to ventilate. Otherwise the virus keeps hanging in the house and you get reinfected.

1 Like

She is feeling a bit better (thank Tylenol) our house is so airy I am more worried about our neighbors germs climbing in a window or through a crack.

1 Like

That sounds a hell of a lot like my house :grin:

1 Like

You live in Arkansas too?

not really my house LOL

5 Likes