Inw Biscuit Reformulation?

Thanks for the split as well as the additional input! (Definitely worthy of its own thread!)

6 Likes

I will keep you informed I’m very curious myself, my nose is leading the way at this stage. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: (hope I haven’t jumped the gun)

Started getting ready to test it yesterday and in my typical fashion it was not a test it ended up with 9 flavours. :rofl:

I might actually do a SFT test, still haven’t ventured down that path.

7 Likes

They have a bit of a strange description their website, pear taste? Category fruit flavours?
I don’t think I’ve ever seen that before.
That’s on inawera.com

On inawerawinkel.com they say this

Seems they can’t make up their minds and they’re producing it.

4 Likes

I read somewhere recently that they reformulated a lot of their flavors. Almost one third of the lineup. Trying to find where I read it

3 Likes

that was a fair time back this is a seperate one

8 Likes
4 Likes

That’s the one :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Biscuit isn’t on the list so if they did something to it, it was at a later date or they didn’t do anything to it and the resellers are effing about with it.

5 Likes

Well I have no official insight. But I do know a friend just recently got a bottle, around two weeks ago, and since I was curious I tried it. (I have a old bottle)

Keep in mind I hate and I mean absolutely hate that flavor, no matter if it’s in low or higher percentage, I’ll visit the bathroom for the next hour.

Let me tell you, unless they reformulated it a week ago, it still tastes as horrible as my old bottle too me. No difference.

So who knows, probably have to wait and see. I better go stock up on JF, before it’s sold out lol

7 Likes

I’ve mixed them up at 2.2%.

Now just to figure out what to test it on.

I’ve tested them and the main difference I noticed was the older one was harsher, not sure how relevant that is. There was none to very little difference in flavour. All I’m getting is a slight buttery icing sugar, will leave them settle and come back in a week.

6 Likes

The reformatting of the flavors is due to the regs in Eu…

6 Likes

Has anyone in this thread tried jungle flavors biscuit? On an episode of noted all 3 of the hosts said it does everything that inw biscuit does but better…I love inw biscuit, and it’s mainly for that buttery note, it fills in the gaps of cap sugar cookie in recipes so perfectly:(

5 Likes

I think the problem most people have is that they do this bs without letting people know, they could at least say something like “hey guys we were forced to reformulate this flavor, so instead of buying 4oz of it thinking it’s the same maybe buy a smaller bottle and try it out again” but they just change it without notice and inawera is notorious for ignoring customer emails. I think most people would be sympathetic if they new that laws were forcing them to reformulate, but instead we’re pissed because of the lack of any form of transparency.

13 Likes

True, they had to put all the ingredients on the bottles and not all their suppliers went along with that so they had to drop those and come up with alternatives.
But that was in the beginning of 2017 and biscuit was not on the list of rebranded flavours so we’re still non the wiser as to why this is happening now.

3 Likes

Yep I posted that in da JF thread. JF is next one Ill try.

The video will start exactly where they say it.

2 Likes

I listen to that podcast on iTunes when it’s a flavor I’m interested in lol

3 Likes

Its seems we have similiar opinions on INW biscuit and the far superior alternative JF

6 Likes

Lol yeah I know. Trust me I pay close attention to people that either mix the same, or has stuff in common.

It’s a small little cute group so far, and I like it :slight_smile: but we are in the minority because it’s a “popular” flavor…how can we hate it, right? :rofl:

4 Likes

Another alternative that might interest people is Inawera’s Sesame Sweets. Has the original Biscuit note to it, but not as strong ,This flavour is sweeter with a slight honey taste and a slightly more pronounced caramel note. The sesame in it just works so well with the biscuit and is a good mixer for bakery flavours i find.

8 Likes

@Sprkslfly Maybe time to rename Biscuit (Inawera) to Biscuit (old formula) (Inawera) and start a new one…
So many recipes are using Biscuit :frowning:
I hate it when companies do these things. So much work and effort that goes in creating all the greatest recipes. Thanks @Fishaddict420 and @Freddie3 for the JF tip.

5 Likes