Is my nicotine a bit off?

Hi guys, I’ve just received a bottle of 200mg 50/50 you-know-what and it has a distinct orange/yelloe tinge to it.

It is probably a little darker than what is shown in the above photo.

I had this shipped from a highly reputable vendor in the US so I won’t mention their name yet.

I have only ever ordered 100mg in the past and it was always crystal clear.

Have I received a spoiled batch here?

5 Likes

Hmmmm. I’ve never ordered nic from myfreedomsmokes.com. Maybe someone can chime in.

3 Likes

Sry man, i had to pee on the clock somewhere

4 Likes

i used myfreedomsmokes a long time ago but didnt like their NIC , it does look oxidized ime but i only order Nic Select and its always clear , i didnt even know you could get 200mg nic , did yiu get a good deal

3 Likes

lmao , instead you just post the label with the name across it thats funny , did you not notice that or was this done on purpose lol

3 Likes

Yeah, I’m having a giggle myself here man. I’ve corrected my amusing oversight :slight_smile:

4 Likes

lol, u too slow to edit, u were had!

3 Likes

That looks very yellow to me, mine always comes in a dark bottle to protect it from light. And has only a slight yellow tint to it.

2 Likes

this one looks clear

or is it “clearly” empty, lmao

4 Likes

I sure was, and I apologise for the oversight. I don’t like to rubbish vendors. If someone can tell me how to delete this entire thread I will.

3 Likes

nahh, no one is, its all good

3 Likes

So should I make a complaint, or is it within the acceptable colour range? I just don’t wan’t to go mixing up my liquids with nic that has lost some of its strength. I vape at a constant 10mg.

4 Likes

This is the color of my nic that I keep out.

3 Likes

get a titration kit and test it , i would call and ask let them know about it , then let us know what they say

3 Likes

and its probably darker bc of the wall behind it

3 Likes

It’s a piece of white copy paper to highlight the color.

2 Likes

I am sure it is good. I use MFS nic. mine is completely orange. I bought it 2 years ago when I started my diy journey and it turns that color over time because the of the air touching it. I am sure there is a scientific name for this, I just don’t know what that word is.

Anywho, I will be opening my new bottle very soon and this is probably the time to ask how I keep it from getting orange, not sure if it is possible. No point in starting another thread is there? I am quite sure your nic is good to vape.

2 Likes
3 Likes

It has been this color for months and months now. It tastes exactly the way it did when I bought it 2 years ago. Its good nic. I like it and I will be opening my new one shortly

3 Likes

That would be oxidation, and in addition to turning nicotine a yellowish hue it can also affect the taste. Most people describe oxidized nicotine as tasting “peppery” or “spicy” with added harshness to the back of the throat.(So I’ve read, anyway. Haven’t had any nicotine around long enough for oxidation to happen.)

3 Likes