Is my nicotine a bit off?

nahh, no one is, its all good

3 Likes

So should I make a complaint, or is it within the acceptable colour range? I just don’t wan’t to go mixing up my liquids with nic that has lost some of its strength. I vape at a constant 10mg.

4 Likes

This is the color of my nic that I keep out.

3 Likes

get a titration kit and test it , i would call and ask let them know about it , then let us know what they say

3 Likes

and its probably darker bc of the wall behind it

3 Likes

It’s a piece of white copy paper to highlight the color.

2 Likes

I am sure it is good. I use MFS nic. mine is completely orange. I bought it 2 years ago when I started my diy journey and it turns that color over time because the of the air touching it. I am sure there is a scientific name for this, I just don’t know what that word is.

Anywho, I will be opening my new bottle very soon and this is probably the time to ask how I keep it from getting orange, not sure if it is possible. No point in starting another thread is there? I am quite sure your nic is good to vape.

2 Likes
3 Likes

It has been this color for months and months now. It tastes exactly the way it did when I bought it 2 years ago. Its good nic. I like it and I will be opening my new one shortly

3 Likes

That would be oxidation, and in addition to turning nicotine a yellowish hue it can also affect the taste. Most people describe oxidized nicotine as tasting “peppery” or “spicy” with added harshness to the back of the throat.(So I’ve read, anyway. Haven’t had any nicotine around long enough for oxidation to happen.)

3 Likes

Nicotine that has been topped with Nitrogen get an orange color because of the Nitrogen. The color in itself is no cause for worry as long as the Nicotine isn’t peppery or harsh.

6 Likes

I do not have a harsh or pepper taste

3 Likes

It’s “clearly” a white bottle :wink:

2 Likes

Oh wow! I have ordered Nic from My Freedom Smokes several times and it has never looked like that! I don’t mind their nic because I have never gotten a bad batch. The last time I ordered was at the beginning of 2016 and I ordered 2 liters of 100mg in PG. I separated it into 4 500ml amber glass boston round bottles then put electrical tape around the lids and put each one in two freezer ziploc bags and put them in the freezer. I have only used one of the bottles so far because I only vape at a 2mg nic level so what I have will last me a good while. I just looked at one of my bottles in the freezer, I took it out and opened it (I needed to anyways cause I just used the last of my open one) and poured some of it into a 30 ml clear glass dropper bottle and it is still crystal clear. I have never gotten nic from MFS that has been that color…I would definitely be asking them about it…if you do ask them, please let us know how it turns out.

3 Likes

good idea. I need to do something very much like that

2 Likes

Does the bottle have a DOB or use by date on it. Sorry if you listed it and I missed it

Yeah, it works great! I just mixed up a shake n vape to check the harshness/pepperiness and it is not at all harsh, but I only use 2mg anyways, but it has no color and no odor still and I put this in my freezer 1 year 5 1/2 months ago.

2 Likes

Then I would guess that @Norseman has the best answer for the color. I did not know that nitrogen could affect the color of the nicotine, but it makes sense to me. If the addition on oxygen can cause color changes, then adding a different gas would most likely do the same(Or so my Chem 101 mind tells me)

3 Likes

Might just be old. The older it gets, the darker it gets over here in my house anyway.

2 Likes

On the left nic that I’ve been using for a couple months, on the right a fresh bottle that has been out of the freezer for a week.

1 Like