I've returned to cigarettes PACK + a day, I NEED HELP!

When I read that, my heart just pitter-patted… and all I could do was

I’m going to make a new juice in your honor and call it
‘Happy Tears’

:stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

I was diagnosed early. When I got home my oldest granddaughter who was 6 at the time called me crying that she was afraid I was going to die. I went the next day and got a little Ego battery, a couple of disposable C4s and menthol tobacco juice. I smoked for 2 weeks while vaping, ran out of cigs one night and just didn’t get anymore. I am lucky, but also motivated to seeing my grandkids grow up to become the wonderful adults that I know they will be. I don’t want to miss any of that.

6 Likes

One thing I knew when quitting was that smell… The smell of being a smoker and not realizing how BAD you smell like a cig… Now I instantly know when someone lights one down the street… The smell you don’t even realize is there as a smoker, as a non smoker its strong as hell…
Cousin and her bf use the bedroom for smoking inside, (open the back door and the window when they do) Asked me to tend to the dog back in October… After like 10/12 hours of no one in or out, no one moving air around… I walk in the FRONT door and it was like sticking my face in one of those extinguishing ashtrays, you know the cup you drop your lit cig into,(always have in auto section, or by registers at like WalMart) I knew INSTANTLY that their bedroom door was open and had to close it asap…

When I quit it was great the first few times hearing the “EXCEPT for you” when I’d walk back inside w the smoking crowd and the teasing would start about “ew you guys stink” from an ex smoker co worker. I finally realized just after a few days how awful that smell just lingers on everything you own and touch… I’ve heard mm you smell like vanilla, I’ve even been asked “did you bring birthday cake to work?!?” I’ve been asked “damn, what have you been baking?”…

4 Likes

Well @OpenlyVapor, now ur cookin! Congrats on the change & cutting right back! These are the first steps to a new you! All the best. vT

I cant wait to get the MOD and atomizer ! You’re a good person, Thanks, and hopefully I get it by Xmas ( out Xmas is 7th of January :))

2 Likes

If you think you are loving your vaping now, just wait until you get into better gear. It is like going somewhere beautiful and falling in love with the scenery. Then you take a step into the woods to notice how beautiful nature is. Then through the woods becomes a clearing over a ravine. And you can see all God’s wonder for miles. Just as that… vaping keeps getting better and better. So if you ever feel you are failing to get the most amazing vape, just remember… a better one is right around the corner!

You’re welcome. Don’t forget those links foe Fasttech, Focal ecig And Heaven Gifts I sent you. There are others to shipping direct from China with good gear much cheaper than you can buy in any store. In fact I spent most of the day yesterday trying to figure out how to pay for something and have it sent to you. It was this… But they wouldn’t take PayPal or my credit cards from the U.S. for shipment to Ukraine. At your current level I would highly recommend this set up. If you get it maybe get some titanium coils too so you can enjoy temperature control. I believe those are the right ones. If not someone should be able to correct me.

2 Likes

Got the package today! Very nice! Thanks. Took over 2 weeks to get here bbut I got it already vaping on the Vpark with the Kanger Aero. MUCH better than what I had! This tank gives a wonderful taste and clouds of vapor. Never had anything like it. cant wait to try the other two tanks. The Vpark black and orange one looks like it will really kick out some flavor and vapor. The Delta II one looks good, looks like something out of the Terminator. Anyway was smoking again due to leakage and a crappy atomizer. Since I got the package 8 hrs ago aint had one cig… and I know tomorrow I wont have one! Thanks for the help!! I kicking the habit!!!

7 Likes

AMEN!! Got the package and man its night and day to what i was vaping on, I had the Kanger mini tanks and they just were not doing it… they helped , but I still was smoking 1-10 cigs a day. Then around New year the Aero mini leaked and the coil was bad, was getting no vapor… Returned to smoking… then found a clip on youtube how to change the coil, I did that and it helped, but the leakage was bad ( I had to take out that littler rubber piece, on the head cause I was getting burnt taste) Anyway got the stuff today and the taste and flavor is 10X better… Man this is it! I’m excited!!!

5 Likes

So nice to have been able to see this happen.

Once again a testament to the kind of people that hang around this site.

KUDOS to you @SthrnMixer for the generosity you have shown to someone half way around the world.

7 Likes

Really glad you received the package. I was starting to wonder if it would arrive. The US Postal Service stopped showing location once it left our shores, so I just didn’t know.

That one tank, the Maxtank, I really like that. Coil heads from Heaven Gifts come 5 for $13.00. Unfortunately they charge shipping so I don’t know how much that would be. But I think you’re heading in the right direction now. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Thanks WVSantafor the encouragement all the time. Unfortunately i did return to smoking some due to faulty equipment, but was still way down on cigs to what I was, But NOW I got the Mercedes of equipment and I feel good, Feel a sense of confidence now.
SthnMixer- Yeah I got it…all safe and sound! Can I manually replace the coils in that Maxtank? Is that possible? I have wire and cotton and such. I this last week learned how to do this via a few youtube clips on how to replace coils… My 3 dual coil went down on my junky kanger mini and I was left stranded… either had to learn to manually replace the coils or return to 2 packs a day… I learned…and it worked, just that kanger mini leaks like crazy…had ejuice all over my hand.
Anyway… you really made my day!!! Been smoke free since the package came…

2 Likes

You can, but I don’t think I included any coils for that one did I? I PM’d you a link for getting some, and I think you would like the vape from them. I did rebuild one of the Maxtank coils but I did it too fast and wasn’t satisfied with it.

You like tanks? Well I think you may be interested instead of buying Delta II coil heads, getting a RBA for it. Then you could rebuild it your way.

https://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10013375/2260301-authentic-joyetech-rba-rebuildable-coil-head-for

I know money is tight for you, but really if you had that RBA, pick up that Joyetech eVic VTC Mini I recommended, for under $50 you would be in vaper heaven. But if your situation were to improve there are lots of goodies you can pick up at Fasttech for a decent price. Whenever you’re ready, just let us know what your budget looks like and the great people on here will advice the best equipment you can get that fits your pocketbook.

2 Likes

GREAT! Money is tight, but I spent 4 bucks a day on cigs before I returned to ecigs…so 8 bucks I can afford… I know from the past 20 days on ecigs…going back and forth to smoking that bad junk is the main villain in my return to analogs. So I’ll for sure get some replacement heads. I’ve allocated 50 bucks on Feb 1st for ecigs…so I’ll have some money to get some good stuff. thanks for the help and the sites and links!

1 Like

btw
what do you all vape on? I am on 30 W and 280F. I tried 50W and it was tooooo much and above 300F seems overkill. What do you all vape on?

Well what kind of wire are you using? If you’re not using Titanium, Stainless Steel or Nickel, then you should rotate that knob to the W position (wattage).

That said, when I’m using temperature control I vape somewhere between 450-520 F and 40-75 or so. It varies some too.

Make sure you understand though, putting the mod in temperature control mod (F) only works on those materials I mentioned above. It does not work on Kanthal. So make sure you’re in power mode.

Edit - I should not have said that mod works only with Ni, Ti or SS. It’s only set up for Ni200 (nickel wire)

1 Like

Whatever settings work to your taste profile and the juice you are vaping are the right ones. Sometimes I vape 5W, sometimes 110W, but now with new wires and temp control I just vape temperature, but that still varies wildly.

LIKe @SthrnMixer said, you need to be in wattage mode for now. The name of the game is to start low and never burn the wick. Once you do, it will taste bad from then on.

one thing so you are clear. Those tanks are made to take store bought, replacement coils. Some people will take those coils apart and rebuild them manually. There are also lots of ways of cleaning them. But, if you get an RBA section for your tank, that is basically a coil head that is meant and designed to be rebuilt. You can use whatever wire and wick material you want, and you can change the coil diameter, spacing, length, etc to suit your mod and your vaping style. You could even switch to temp control using Titanium or stainless wire…but I think that mod doesn’t work great in temp control.

RBAs are great, in your situation I might buy two, because I don’t want you lighting up during the 20-30 minute build process. But you can have problems building coils the mod won’t fire, burning wicks, etc. . .there is a learning curve. It end up being worth it, but let’s get you vaping regular with tasty juice and worry about building in a few weeks is my opinion.

2 Likes

Hey hows it going? I know your struggle I tried quitting with a cigalike originally. I think it was around 2011. That did not work so after a couple of years of smoking I tried the ego pens and they weren’t satisfying me either so I started smoking again. In the beginning of 2014 I dexided to try a mech mod. I was dripping 12 mg and it held me over for a while but it was a hassle and I didnt realize that the throat burn was from the nicotine. I thought it was just heat from the mod. When I got my girl pregnant I decided to try again only with regulated devices and I’ll tell you it works. I had a slip up last month due to stress and running out of juice. I bought a pack and cried as I smoked a camel wide. I recovered though. I like using the original joyetech evic vt. It has great battery that lasts all day and its small. 60 watts has been plenty and it does temp control. A good sub ohm tank like the crown should be good if you’re not into building. An rta like the crius is great cause you dont have to buy premade coils. Sub ohm vaping is the only thing I find satisfying enough to quit smoking. If batteries are your issue try a dual 18650 mod so you can replace them easily and get good battery life. Whatbhelps me the most though is the distraction. I soend so much time watching vaping videos, building coils, looking up mods and rdas, and now mixing I dont think about smoking.

4 Likes

I aint smoked 1 cig in 2 days since I got SoutherMixers package…good equipment WORKS! Yeah trying out watts and temp now…dont know all that stuff but reading up and the post here are VERY helpful! I aint went 2 days without a cig in years… I feel better! Can breath!!

7 Likes

Did you get some Ni, Ti or SS coils? I fear you may not understand temperature control and how it works. So I made a thread just for you and others who may be new to temp control. You can read it here

4 Likes