I've returned to cigarettes PACK + a day, I NEED HELP!

Thanks for the support!!!All
and wvsanta- I did the math also, all what I’ll buy on mods will cost me 2 months of smoking. so if these mods and atomizers last just 2 months they pay for themselves and thats not counting the health benefits ( main reason why i am changing over)
So your Dr said that due to your changing over your blood pressure dropped and your at half meds now?

1 Like

That and I no longer am using Albuterol in my nebulizer at all and I was using 3 to 5 treatments every day. Yes the health benefits alone are worth every dime I have spent on vaping related equipment. This has truly been life saving for me.

I should add here as well he also said in 3 months if it is still down he will consider taking me off the blood pressure meds.

1 Like

I just last month got prescribed meds for HBP, Dr said main reason is my smoking and coffee consumption ( I cut back to 1 cup a day on coffee) went and bought ecigs again for the 3rd attempt and bought good juices DIY stuff but bought crap equipment. Im only 40 years old and my body is telling me to get off cigs. So is my Dr. This is really encouraging santa. I am sure once I get good equipment I’ll be forever off analogs and hopefully meds

2 Likes

This is a Aspire Nautilus Mini and the Eleaf IStick 40wTC. 2600 mah battery will go all day long and charge at night…

3 Likes

My testimony to give some encouragement, I hope…

I smoked for over 40 years and hated my addiction. I hated myself for the last 20 years because of the addiction. I tried everything to stop smoking. I quit cold turkey, was put on prescription Wellbutrin (which caused me to be suicidal), used the patch, Nicorette gum, even did Hypnosis treatments. Nothing worked for more than two weeks. I was miserable in my addiction.
In 2009, I first noticed these ‘e-cigarettes’ on the market and eventually picked one of these ‘cigalikes’ up from a convenience store. I thought ‘what an awesome invention’. It had 18mg of nicotine and tasted nasty, but I KNEW this could be the answer for me, if it was improved in taste and vapor production. I started researching online and found newer models. Bought several different cigalikes and ego-type vaping devices and used them regularly, cutting my smoking down from over a pack a day to about 1/2 a pack.
January 7, 2015… my husband (who never smoked), took me to a ‘Vape Shop’ here in my town to see if they had a device and eliquid that would help me finally quit smoking completely. The wonderful people there spent about 40 minutes with me, helping me to decide what would work best and set me up with a new mech mod and tank with some Watermelon Mint ejuice. THAT did it. I only smoked 3 cigarettes that day and the next day. On January 10, 2015, I became smoke free!!

It was the beginning of a new life.

I feel WONDERFUL. I breathe so much better, everything tastes better, and I no longer
STINK. My husband is also extremely happy and grateful for this new Vaping technology and we tell everyone we know how important Vaping is to help extend lives and save people from the effects of analog cigarettes.

Also, I agree with my friends here… The Istick is a wonderful, simple, safe, and reliable device.

4 Likes

Read some here

Vaping Saved My Life

Have you spoke to your doctor recently?

1 Like

Amen to that same here

1 Like

& I’ll add ANOTHER vote for this sort of combo!! Its a winner… a fantastic place to start! Trust us… if you get your nic right, it WILL get you off the cigs!! (I was a 25 a day smoker for 35 yrs - tried everything & it was a combo like this that worked for me). I’d suggest you get 2 tanks tho, so you can easily swap flavors. I’d also suggest you leave that mech mod in its box until you have more experience - those things could kill you quicker than the cigs - & we dont want to see you on the news!!:wink:

3 Likes

Damn I just ordered that mod with 2 Kanger aero tanks… going to order the Istick also…have 2. I have Samsung protected batteries so i aint worried about the basic mod killing me. More worried now about cigs killing me which they are.

I’m gonna be… THAT guy! You can’t put a price on your life so I’d consider that first before trying t find the cheapest thing possible…

I wanted to make sure I got something that worked for me and my smoking style. I need to feel that kick, not the nicotine choke out but that cloud kick. And tanks like the aspire mini do not compare to moderate airflow… If your smoking reds you may be the same, I was a Newport smoker for years before I had to switch to roll your owns.

And as for a device I’d really suggest getting a charger and some GOOD batteries, if you EBAY MAKE SURE IT’S AN ACTUAL REPUTABLE BATTERY DEALER! You do NOT want some cheap battery that’s been rewrapped as a Sony. And find a device that takes batteries, and grab up two batteries…

I’m not a tank user but they’ve got good suggestions on tanks in other threads. So this would be my suggestion… I brought my mothers BF to a vape shop and told him TELL them what you want or they’ll sell you anything and tell you buy 12mg Nic juice… He naturally DID NOT so they just gave him whatever, and he lasted a day before right back to the cigs, always had to grab another one when his unit died and couldn’t vape indoors, places like work…

Preferences are gonna vary but your looking to vape without EVER going back to cigs, so its worth not rushing a purchase. And def worth buying a unit that takes a battery over internal ones and just make sure you have more than one battery. You can use these batteries in so many devices it’s worth having them. Boxes can take 1, 2, 3, of these batteries and internal batteries are only good til they die, then your device is out the window.

As far as having a mod that batteries can be changed, technically, I agree with you, BUT, he says he has a $50 budget. That kills the battery, charger, mod, tank idea.

@OpenlyVapor most likely has COPD as I do. He will require a tank with restricted air flow and is unable to do CLOUDS. Many think the Aromamizer or the TFV4 are some of the best tanks of the market but if @OpenlyVapor can’t hit on it he’s gonna think it is a piece of sh@t.

Unless a person’s current health is considered most tank suggestions on this or any other thread are perhaps useless.

Some Vape Shops this is true. others, not so much. I’m about to have a birthday on the 17th. I’ll be 63 years old. I smoked for 47 years and as of last month on the 8th I surpassed 2 years of smoke free living. Guess what, I run a Vape Shop. I quit using ecigs and I have taught quite a few how to do it as well. It is slightly offensive to say A VAPE SHOP will sell him anything. Keep in mind not all Vape Shops are the same please.

True, can’t argue that. I have a feeling this is why he’s here asking us our opinion though I think he didn’t wait for enough replies before buying already.

Truth be told the Eleaf Istick is one of, if not, easiest beginner mods available. Team it with a Aspire Nautilus Mini and you have a quit smoking beast for those who already have lung problems. He says he already bought the Aerotanks and they would probably be my second choice if they are Version 2 tanks. The only downfall is the ability to change batteries. BUT, as he saves money not buying the cigarettes, we have this thing around here we call the UPGRADE…

5 Likes

Another vote for the E-Leaf I stick and Nautilus Mini…Keep it simple right now…I would NOT buy a Tank atomizer that you need to re-build coils at this time…Aspire makes some good stuff and the replaceable coils will get you what you need NOW…I started out with Tesla Sidewinder S adjustable voltage devices I got for $25.00 each…cheap recharger…and bought 2 devices, so that when 1 died and need re-charging…I had another one (fully charged) at the ready…and cycled them on my charger…Keep it simple…I wish you well… :smile:

6 Likes

I hear you but moderate airflow can be reduced to a minimal but you can’t turn airflow up if you wanted to on a tank with minimal air flow.
And I don’t mean a vape shop is going to be out to get you I just mean they’ll sell you anything, it’s up to the customer to give the details they aim for… Like my mothers bf who received an aspire battery, VV, good life on it…but what happens when its dead? They can only offer you so much…

And where I am, 5 days at a pack a day? That beats a 50$ budget… And as I stated, you can’t put a price on your life and that’s why I say do the research to find something that going to last… As it sounds like the amount of purchasing already made has totaled pretty good with out success…

If you run a vape shop than you’ve had plenty of experience with hearing having frustration has simply led back to cigarettes… And that’s what we don’t want to see happen to anyone, especially if they are having complications with smoking…

Just speaking from my experience with those around me, frustration has only led BACK to cigarettes, and feeling discouraged from vaping all together… I’ve heard SO many times, “that doesn’t work for me”… Nicotine, habits, and even oral fixation, I’m not sure how this couldn’t work for anyone, except many of those responses are followed by things like "ya, I tried the crowns the Blus even one you filled with the liquid, and stuff doesn’t work for me"
If there’s a will there’s a way and if you have the will to keep living then id look into finding the way… And here and now that way is vaping!

2 Likes

I’ll see if I can get ahold of some of the peoples stuff that went back to cigs, if they didn’t toss or give it away already. HOPEFULLY they’ve got something for me and then maybe have some back up tanks and devices for your search, with out having to buy them… No guarantees of course but of I can I will def try to help you out with keeping those packs out of your pockets and you from being discouraged over vaping. If you had more experience I’d send ya the SMPL but can’t throw a tank on it so probably not what your looking for right now… Building can be a fun hobby, or an extremely frustrating one!

2 Likes

A good Vape shop first asks what are your intentions, quit smoking or blow clouds. Second question how much do you smoke? A good Vape Shop will offer the correct nicotine value and correct battery power according to the amount one smokes. If the customer does not listen to good advice then they only have their selves to blame.

As a Vape Shop owner I hear the same thing over and over. I want something cheap. You try to tell them it doesn’t have the power to last the day and you’ll need two batteries or a minimum 2200 mah mod. Out the door they go cause they would rather spend the same amount on a carton of name brand cigarettes rather than a good ecig. Frustrated, wonder why. Is it because they did not listen and went to a tobacco store and bought the biggest piece of crap they could find cheap. They try it and it won’t work for them, again, wonder why.

Agreed, don’t buy a piece of crap. When you do all this tells me is one, you have little value for you well being, and two your intentions are to still have enough money to buy your cigarettes and continue to smoke. In other words, not serious about quitting. Those who truly want to quit and are willing to buy decent equipment WILL have success with the addition of finding a juice they can stick with…

Yeah, I tried the cigalikes, and even bought my first vaporizer from the tobacco store. All of it was junk. The Cigalikes worked by suction. By the time it released I was sucking so hard that I coughed my @ss off (COPD) trying to take a puff. The vaporizer worked a little better (not much) for 2 weeks and then was leaking juice all over me, not to mention the juices the tobacco shop had tasted like pond scum. Frustrated, yeah. To the point of giving up, damn near did. I had a little help when I found my first Vape Shop but I have to be honest, they were not very knowledgable but the only game in town at the time. I bought a Kanger Protank (single coil) from them and was constantly replacing coils and getting dry hits due to the piece of crap Smok Mod I was using with it. At that time even the Aspire Nautilus was a piece of junk.

Damn right! If you truly want to quit smoking then the way has been provided for the first time in history.

2 Likes

And yet another vote for the iStick / Nautilus combo! That or a Kanger Top Box Nano for a little more money but still not breaking the bank at $50 - $60. The important thing is that you find something that you can use now that satisfies your need. Buying something that doesn’t is pretty much a waste of money and time.
Many of us here have been where you are at. You are in great company here.

3 Likes

I was like you. I was smoking 3 packs a day. And was buying cheap stuff. And feel back to smoking again like 3 times. But i promise if you get you a wismec RX200 mod and either a crown or billow v2. Both have great airflow and adamizers you can change with ease. And you can get into both of them for less then a $100. And you will be happy. I wish you luck bro

I quit right away with an ecig but i didnt smoke marbs for years before that. I had switched to rolling my own with American Spirit and i think that made all the difference. One thing to consider is that you arent just addicted to nicotine, there are so many chemicals added to regular smokes that it is crazy. Certain chemical combinations equate to anti-depressants, some enhance the addictive properties of nicotine.

Thing about American Spirit is that it is pure tobacco, no additives if you roll your own.

Just my thoughts on it.

5 Likes

This is very true. They put some much crap in cigarettes. Going from packs a day of Marlboro 100s to vaping i was at 18mg nicotine. So i onow i was getting more then enough nicotine. But i still had the craving for what was in cigs. After my wreck and a colasped long. The cigs really was taking a toll on my longs. And i felt it and heard it. So i do believe a lot of quiting to begin with. Is you have to really want to. Vaping is just something i love to do as well. And believe me it has helped. And my wife still smokes a pack a day. The only part of her smoking is me buying them lol.

3 Likes

I started with the iStick 20w and Nautilus as well. A friend of mine sold it to me shortly after buying the Kanger starter kit. I liked it, but every time I vaped on his Kanger setup I felt my Nautilus wasn’t giving me the vape I wanted. So I was talked into the Atlantis and the iStick 30w. It was better, but I went in to buy the Kanger, and felt I came out with a sub-par setup. I then bought a Cherry Bomber mechanical mod along with the Mad Hatter RDA. I wanted to build coils. I wasn’t ready for dripping yet, so I went back and bought the Kanger Sub-Tank Mini. The tank I should have bought with the 30w. So then I bought the Hellboy thinking I wanted to try dripping again. I had more success this time. From there I bought the Goliath, another Kanger Sub-Tank Mini, a Crown, and a few others. If I had it to do over again I would have went straight to the Kanger Starter kit. You can use the stock coils which are really good, or you can build your own on the RDA. In my opinion, it is the best starter kit.

4 Likes