Joyetech Espion Infinite Review- Infinitely Gorgeous

Joyetech Espion Infinite

The Espion Infinite is a beastly new offering from Joyetech. It is the epitome of sexy with its chunky body and unique tunnel light design. The Espion Infinite seems a little different than what Joyetech usually puts out. They tend to stick with safe designs that would appeal to most, as opposed to the vibrancy and boldness of the Espion Infinite. I am loving the direction they went with this. If sexy and tunnel lights had a night of passion, the Espion Infinite would be the result. This product was sent to me from Joyetech for the purpose of this review. Let’s do this.

Spec-a-roonies
Size: 49.5mm(L)*33.0mm(W)140.50mm(H)
Screen type: 0.96 inch TFT color screen
Screen resolution: 80
160 dpi
Output wattage: 1-230W
Output mode: Power/RTC/TC(Ni, Ti, SS316)/TCR(M1, M2, M3) modes
Resistance range: 0.05-1.5ohm for TC/TCR mode
Resistance range: 0.05-3.5ohm for Power mode
Temperature range: 100-315°C/ 200-600°F
Battery using: 2 * high rate 21700/18650 cells (CDR 25A)
Max charging current: 2.0A
Max output current: 50A
Max output voltage: 9V

Package Contents (Kit)
1 * ESPION Infinite
2 * AVB 21700 battery (optional)
1 * ProCore Conquer atomizer
1 * ProCA (0.4ohm) head
1 * ProCD (0.15ohm) head
2 * 18650 battery sleeve
1 * QC USB cable
2 * Manual
1 * Warranty card
2 * Warning card
1 * Spare parts

Aesthetics and Features
The Infinite has a glossy finish, except for the brushed metal that covers the top, bottom and firing button. The screen is a 0.96 in.TFT color screen, with several options to change the display colors, similar to the original Espion. It also has the option to change the lighted design around the screen. The centered 510 connector can handle tanks up to 30mm, and has been much smoother than the 510 connector on the original as well. It can handle lengths ranging from 4-5.5mm. It has a similar style firing button to the original Espion, although here it seems to protrude just a tiny bit more.

The new proprietary chipset has an ultrafast firing response, 25 milliseconds, faster than any of the previous Joyetech mods. It hits hard. I was almost surprised in using it as the only device that rivals its firing delay is my Aegis. There are only a few mods I own that I have to bump down my wattage, as the firing delay makes my hits more satisfying. The multiple lighting effects as well as screen color customization are just some of the features, which I will detail further down. The Infinite also features 2A Quick Charge and Balanced Charging using both a charging cable as well as an external charger.

Perhaps one of the most intriguing features is the ability to use dual 18650/21700 batteries. If this had been solely an 18650 battery device, I would have questioned its release so close to the original, but with the added battery life, the device is much more attractive. The battery door on the Infinite is so much easier to close than the original Espion, with the original failing to press inward if you had it even the slightest bit crooked. There was a little too much room for the hinge to move side to side, while the Infinite hinge is placed with no wiggle room.

Temperature Control, if you choose to use it has been a bit more consistent on the Infinite for me. I tend to use Power mode, but I used Temp Control for a long time on several Joyetech devices. Using SS, it is a little bit warmer using my usual setting, but I have consistently gotten good results.

Other features:
The onboard reverse polarity protection protects the device from damage in the event of reverse battery installation. It also applies two sets of battery
protection circuit system, realizing overall battery protection of
over-charging, over-current and over-discharging, which makes it more safe and reliable.
This is a brief intermission, grab a soda, because you will actually be here a while.

Screen and Lighting Modes
The screen is accessed by 3 presses of the firing button. The four menu choices are:

Mode
Set
LED
Exit

There are several lighting options for the screen of the Espion Infinite. They are accessed through the LED setting in the Menu. The lighting selections are:

Moon: solid color, can chose from several colors or set your own color.
Fire: starts downward and moves upward changing color as it moves.
Wheels: travels around the screen changing color.
SPE3: multiple colors spinning around the screen.
SPE7: multiple colors moving around the screen while keeping a solid base color.
Glow: fades in and out different colors of different intensities.
Morph: changes into different colors while the brightness stays constant.

Choosing ‘Switch’ in the LED setting will allow you to set whether the lighting patterns stay on, are on during screen use, during vapor use, or not at all. You can also adjust the brightness of the lighting in the LED setting.

The actual screen text and display can also be changed in the ‘Set’ menu. You can choose from golden brown, blue, green, and red.

RTC Mode (Real Time Clock) can be accessed through ‘Mode’ in the menu, giving the choice of either a digital clock on the display or an analog clock (called Point in the RTC setting). Maybe it’s my OCD, but I would have put RTC in the ‘Set’ menu.

ProCore Conquer
So, I am not going to spend too much time here as the ProCore Conquer really seems like a revamped ProCore Air with a larger capacity to me. The ProCore Conquer has a slightly larger airflow than the Air, making the airflow very airy, almost turbulent at times depending on the coil used. It has a knurled body to it, which I’m sure many people like, but I have found it catches on whatever I try to clean it with. The Conquer also has a new 5.5ml bulging glass tank, for less time between fill ups.

The Conquer uses a new ProCD reticular 0.15 ohm reticular coil, which I was really excited to try out. The coil itself resembles a netting with circular holes throughout. I have to say, I was a little bit disappointed when it came to flavor. The new coil certainly has some differences, the main one being that it provides a moist vape. Most premade single coils have a tendency to provide a dry, low flavor vape, even when used at a comfortable wattage. I just didn’t notice too much of a flavor difference between the other ProCore Coil Heads and this one. That’s a bummer.
One problem I had was that the coil seemed to be burning a bit of the cotton around 55 watts, fully saturated. The cotton had a visible orange spot where the coil ends met the inner wall of the coil. This was after minimal usage as well. I think I prefer the flavor of the ProCA Coil Heads, as they were a simple, flavorful experience. The ProCD Coil seemed to shine around 55-63 watts, providing the most flavor around 55-58 watts for me personally. The ProCore Conquer has a push to fill opening, similar to the ProCore Air.

Amber’s Thoughts
I think the mod is fantastic. I love the way it fires. The button has a deeper, more satisfying click than the original as it protrudes just a tad bit more. I pretty much love everything about this mod. The Tunnel light effects really are pretty sweet. For me personally, I probably will not keep the lights running as I don’t want a constant drain on my batteries (minimal, I know). The fact that I can get three whole days of usage from dual 21700 batteries is what makes this mod a favorite. Not having to charge batteries on my Luc V4 several times a day is just wonderful to me. It is a beefy, sexy mod, and will probably deserve any attention that it gets from passersby. I do however have a few little things that I wish were different with the Espion Infinite.

1. Function Button: This was a major improvement when used on the original Espion and Espion Solo. It made navigation much simpler, and I really would have liked to see it used on the Espion Infinite.
2. Up/Down Buttons: Button placement here probably was not very well thought out. Any condensation or E-liquid that happens to spray out of the sides of a side airflow dripper coats the top of the mod. Even the slightest bit will seep into the edges around the buttons as they placed on the top of the mod.
3. Screen: The front face of the mod where the screen is located seems to have a little bit of give to it. This occurs more toward the center of the screen. The outer edges of the screen are tight, and have no give when pushed. A click can be heard by pushing on the screen towards the center, and I can feel that with enough force, the center could cave. This is probably not a mod you want to shove in your bag against other items, or have anything push against the screen as enough force would probably damage it considerably.

If you look beyond my little issues with it, the Espion Infinite is a sexy beast of a mod. If you aren’t a tank person, consider buying the mod for the added battery life. I didn’t think 4000mAh would be much of a difference, but not having to charge as often is almost liberating. It fires instantly, and if any of you know what I am talking about, a good hit off of your dripper will literally make your eyes roll back. The Espion Infinite has been a spectacular mod. It may have some things I wish were different, but it is a solid performer. Thanks for reading!

Espion Infinite Product Page-Joyetech
Espion Infinite (Mod Only) EIGHTVAPE

19 Likes

Great looking pics.

2 Likes

If you don’t count my fingers reflecting in the screen. Also, my teal and white owl phone case is pretty obvious. :smiley:

I also wanted to add this one in as well, I didn’t like the way I took this one, but I wanted to add it after the review.

4 Likes

Great review @Silhouette!! Very good read👌 Thank you👍

4 Likes

Great review Amber!

4 Likes

It seems like mods using 20700 or 21700 batteries are the new wave, and I can’t complain. Really nice review!!

6 Likes

I never understood why mfr’s do that. Unless those buttons are somehow ‘juice-proof’ that’s probably a deal breaker for me.
Regardless…one helluva review! Thanx for sharing.

2 Likes

The same thing happens on my GV Aegis, only it seeps into the little tops of the screws and the holes right above the port. Of course it’s easier to clean though. I have found a fine bristled toothbrush (or brush specifically for braces) and a light spray of alcohol on the brush is the best way to get in the grooves of buttons and around edges that have deep grooves.

And that’s not from over-dripping, that’s simply spray out of the sides. :expressionless:

2 Likes

Very well thought out and written @Silhouette. Great pics on an interesting setup.

2 Likes

Thank ya thank ya! It’s a great device. Probably time I bought a newer charger to start dealing with these 21700s. I haven’t bought one in years.

1 Like

My charger is an i4 Intellicharger by Nitecore, I was surprised to find out it supports the 21700 batteries.
http://charger.nitecore.com/product/new-i4

1 Like

i kinda dig the way this thing looks, I love anything that tries to be different in some funky way.
And an outstanding job you did on this review too @Silhouette, awesome pictures and very well laid out write up, fantastic job, thanks for sharing it :ok_hand::wink:

3 Likes

Hey thanks! Even with the new Batpack (colorwise and design) you can tell they are trying to break away from their normal designs. I don’t know if that’s due to the new designer, but I like where they headed with their concepts.

@CosmicTruth is that one you would suggest? Because I definitely need to invest in a new one.

2 Likes

It is affordable and effective at charging all these new Joyetech batteries. There are many chargers available but Nitecore New i4 Intellicharger Li-ion, NiMH/NiCd Charger is doing a good job for me.
https://www.illumn.com/batteries-chargers-and-powerpax-carriers/chargers/nitecore-new-i4-intellicharger-li-ion-nimh-nicd-charger.html
Compatible with:
Li-ion/IMR/LiFePO4:
10340, 10350, 10440, 10500, 12340, 12500, 12650, 13450, 13500, 13650, 14350, 14430, 14500, 14650, 16500, 16340(RCR123), 16650, 17350, 17500, 17650, 17670, 18350, 18490, 18500,18650, 18700, 20700, 21700, 22500, 22650, 25500, 26500, 26650
Ni-MH(NiCd): AA,AAA,AAAA,C,D
They run about $20 US, be sure to buy AUTHENTIC :smile:

1 Like

Cool, that’s the one I’m going to get. You’re so helpful :grinning:.

2 Likes

Do your research, there may be better chargers, IDK if others can recommend a better one, or if Mr. Mooch may have looked at them.

1 Like

From what I’ve read it’s on his agenda

2 Likes

Nice review! I’ve been looking at getting a new MOD that utilizes the bigger batteries. This one looks pretty sharp. As far as chargers go I had the 4 bay nitecore charger had led to show the level of charge then upgraded to the i4 when it went on sale. Love IT, tells all the info of your batteries on light up LCD screen and love that I can plug it in at home or on the road with 12v Cig.lighter adapter. Holy crap sorry for rambling on.

1 Like

Ha, that’s OK. I like rambling, it makes things more interesting. I didn’t really expect the 21700 dual batteries to add as much life to my daily usage, but a whole extra day really makes it worthwhile. Our charger is constantly used for most of the day, between sets of 18650s and 26650s that not having to charge so often is pretty nice. You should give one of the newer 21700 battery mods a try, it’s definitely worth it in my opinion.

1 Like

Great review, it’s shiny with colours and make me happy like worms in mud

2 Likes