Juicy Fruit Gum?

Just placed an order on BCV, Jackfruit (TPA) is one of them, I am excited to give it a shot with this mix, as it shares a chemical suspected to be the secret ingredient in the gum… even TPA’s description says it bares a close resemblance to the gum. Will update on it once I get it in and mixed

1 Like

I think TFA’s variety comes off a little weak just FYI and it really accentuates what flavor is dominant in my exp w/ it. Good luck !

1 Like

People also ask
What is the flavor of juicy fruit?
Jackfruit flavor is much more palatable. It’s like a combination of apple, banana, and pineapple. And jackfruit is big. It’s a big juicy fruit.

Pulled off juicy fruit website.

3 Likes

In my research, it isn’t actual jackfruit used in juicy fruit as it is native to africa and there has never been any evidence of importing from africa by them, but an artificial version of the compound… isoamyl acetate. This compound is found naturally in many different fruits including apples pears bananas etc… Here is a pretty detailed page about it…
http://smellslikescience.com/honey-bees-whiskey-and-juicy-fruit-gum/

2 Likes

@mikelej14 impressed. You know [insert wavy lines here] I feel your toes …dangling in the cool waters of the stream of Human Consciousness~` Creative thoughts come to those who simply are open and desire. Once there was a strange fellow captivated by the chemistry of smells …let’s call him Mr. Wrigley. He mixed like a demon into the dark hours [more wavy lines] and came up with an elixir that tasted like no other… He ended up with a company that has lasted 125 years.

Don’t overly focus on the clonage, you may actually develop something new. Something better. Keep drilling for these technical keys and follow your nose …and listen for the speck of knowledge that you know not from whence it came.

4 Likes

IMO that’s the true definition of diy. Replicate or recreate? I tend to lean towards the latter. Thousands of recipes on ELR are just waiting for your interpretation. Just make it yours. You’ll be surprised with the results.

I post recipes for inspiration. I really don’t expect them to be made line for line. You should think out of the box and make something that you really enjoy.

5 Likes

You really touched me with your comments. There are so many followers, that a lot of mixers don’t think for themselves. They just follow other mixers and repeat what they’ve read. IMO to be a successful mixer you have to get out on your own and make your own discoveries.

Your reply really deserves it’s on thread. What a great reply… THANKS!

Sorry for all the edits. I’m a few shade into the wind and the english language has left me right now. Hopefully this is readable now.

7 Likes

This is the only recipe i have made with the intention of “recreating” a smell and taste i know i love. Everything else i have made to date has been just me trying to make something good from my imagination. But this gum has always been my favorite, and I just want it in my vape haha.
Thanks for the encouraging and inspirational words. I try my best to make good things for all to enjoy. I hold no secret recipes of amazing quality on here, everything ‘good’ i have created i also make public. My private recipes are only private because i know they aren’t worth sharing (yet). :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Try Tutti Frutti by flavor art. As a stand alone.

Thank you for the suggestion, but as i mentioned…

I want to create my own original recipe from scratch. I enjoy the challenge of it, and besides I am already so close- I know I can nail it down. It just takes time because of steep. I try it right away, and if it seems promising i put it away and test again each week.
My latest version I made with some jackfruit seems to have turned farther from my goal initially so i began just vaping it to use it up because it was still quite good. but after a few days it has made its way back on track afterall, so the remainder of that 30ml is put away again to see how it progresses further.

1 Like

I have been working a lot with the FW and Signature Juicy Fruit flavors recently. I even went and got some actual gum to compare them to. There seems to be a very subtle ingredient that makes the top of my tongue slightly tingle. I haven’t been able to decide if its some type of pepper or a mint or some bizarre combination of the two. I mean this is very very slight and barely there, but I always can taste it. My gut says its more like a black or white pepper kind of thing. Maybe its just me and nobody else will ever taste it haha. Anyways, would be curious to know if anyone else tastes it.

1 Like

Im not sure, because they have reformulated the gum over the years to include aspartame. I have been basing mine on more of the smell rather than the taste of it because of that.

Try applying a little heat to the stick of gum and see if you can get any extra clues

1 Like

So I’ve been watching this thread and decided to try Tutti Frutti ( FA ) at 2 % and all I can say is

https://youtu.be/MWC3kBEMygU

1 Like

how long did you let it steep?

I did a shake and vape after 1 hour

1 Like

Cosmic Juicy Fruit Juice ©

banana 4%
honeydew 4%
cantaloupe 5%
peach 3%
cotton candy 2% or sweetener 1%

found this in those recently linked PDF Recipes (Vaping Home Brewers Recipe Collection)

JUiCY FRUIT CHEWING GUM Posted By Joe Nukem (Warning: Very good ADV)

TFA Pineapple 10%
CAP Banana 10%

Leave to steep 2-3 days for best results (Smells and tastes just like the Gum)

What brand of flavorings are used?

I haven’t tried this, I just made it up from some research I did.
Banana is CAP
everything else is TFA

2 Likes