Jungle Flavors Tasting Notes

Strawberry Sweet (JF) 5.0% (10-26-18) – Out of the gate, this one impressed. Very solid SB with depth. Mixed @ 5.0% it was very full and rich (as rich as a SB could be that is). Nothing off putting, or artificial tasting, but a great ripened strawberry. Not really a fresh per se, and had a tough of jammy-ness to it. I would rate it higher than CAP’s Sweet SB, but only a notch or two, as it seemed fuller, and perhaps more versatile. On a second tester tank if that’s any sign. Struggling to find an SB that I would compare it to, but maybe OOO Strawberry Ripe would be in the same ball park. For a jammy infused, ripe strawberry, that has just the right amount of sweetness this will work for you. 9.3/10

9 Likes

Cocoa (JF) 1.5% (10-28-18) – Having only vaped ONE (I think Cocoa) so far (FA Cocoa) and being stricken with it’s utter coil destroying ways, I was a little apprehensive in trying another, but try I must. First things, this one is clear, clear, CLEAR. What ?? How is that possible ?? At the low 1.5% strength, and after 2 weeks steep, this one looks to be another GEM from JF. Smells like it, tastes like it, but doesn’t gunk coils like it ?? Can’t compare to any other than FA’s, and it is in the same ballpark, without the gunking, and dryness that I got from the FA. Accuracy was pretty spot on, sweetness was at the mid point, with a nice even, mid to mid-dark cocoa. They really got this one pretty nailed down. Not a milk chocolate, nor a dark chocolate, but right smack dab in the middle of the cocoa road. No bitters, or dryness here, tastes pretty natural with no chemical, artificial, or off putting notes. Now this is NO Medicine Flower Dark Chocolate, but it’s not trying to be. I could see using this QUITE often, and am glad I bought a mini jug of it on sale no less. Going to toss this into one of my S’mores to really see what’s what, but at this point, this will be the fifth Jungle Flavor win in a row. One thing I noticed vaping it at 65 watts, I didn’t get any burning from it, as many chocolates do not like higher wattages, even though 65 watts isn’t terribly high. Having a hard time knocking it down, maybe 0.5 for a slight lack of richness/depth, but it’s just too damned tasty for being so clear, and non-gunking. 9.5/10.

14 Likes

Does it retain it’s “life” at lower power (30-40w)?
Or does it have to hit a certain point before it starts to bloom like some?

4 Likes

Let me back it down right now (hehe, 2nd tankful, and let’s see).

4 Likes

This one will be somewhat hard Rob, as almost halving my wattage it something to get used to (all of a sudden), BUT, chain vaping this little puppy, although it might not be as intense, it’s hasn’t lost it’s bloom. Wow, I’m not sure I would have thought to try that, good call. My intent was to go through (2) 3ml tankfuls (SC v.1.) and check the coils, for gunking, or lack thereof. Will check back in if anything changes during this tankful, but so far, 2 thumbs up, even @ 35w. @ 0.35ohms.

5 Likes

As we can see throughout the topic or maybe the other JB thread, I do like most of them and these replaced my fw, cap, tpas etc.

Some flavors I stayed away from for example the cocoa because of other cocoa I tried and didn’t like, so thanks for the notes on that.

Most of their line I would recommend like the cookie v2, biscuit, yellow cake, Graham crust, Bavarian cream, honey peach. Used to use sweet strawberry but replaced it with vt shisha strawberry.

Anyways what I wanted to say is, no matter what you do, don’t get pink burst (jf). Licking a latex bed sheet is more enjoyable, and no I get no “pink” only waxy/latex weirdness. Letting the testers steep and see if it turns into a taffy of whatever kind. Also in comparison to the other JF flavors, this is extremely weak lol.

6 Likes

You weren’t alone in this fear @estorm.

Ahhhh, that reminds me when I accidentally used some of my NEW INW Milk Chocolate. Latex and rubber bands abounded.

6 Likes

/blinkblink
:flushed:

Oooooh girl… I’ma just have to button it. Else we revive the “private area” threads of Olde. LMFAO

5 Likes

Honey Dew Melon (JF) 1.8% (10-29-18) – I have vaped more than a few Honey Dew Melons and am pretty aware of the pitfalls, shortcomings, and olfactory offenses that I’ve experienced. Many times when SF testing, the moment you take a vape of a new flavor you immediately think of a similar flavor. That happened with this one, and it immediately reminded me of none other than Medicine Flower’s HDM. Now before I overcharge the flux capacitor and blow up the universe, it’s not quite that good, BUT, it’s in the same arena (that means very good). It’s a very rich, green, and fresh tasting HDM. It’s a tad sweeter than MF’s, and higher than average sweetness, but that’s not a terrible thing here, but worth noting. Lots and lots of nice green melon with the inner and outer fleshy parts, with maybe a hint of rind. This does NOT come across near as effortlessly natural as the MF does, but once again, it’s in the ballpark. @estorm cautioned some of the Jungle Flavors were strong, and this is one of the stronger ones. @ 1.8% but could probably range lower @ 1.0-1.5%. Very smooth, with an apparent mix of the green parts, with good sweetness, and very smooth. Not harsh, off putting, or overtly artificial, even at this strength. Almost getting two different notes, one on inhale, and another on exhale, both great. This is the 6th winner in a row from JF for me. 9.6/10

8 Likes

Blasphemer!

4 Likes

what did you do buy the entire line , fyi boysenberry is the one i have that doesnt stack up imo

5 Likes

@SessionDrummer

Thanks a bunch!

2 Likes

@SessionDrummer…Damn brother. These are some righteous reviews! Wasn’t it you that referenced the term word-smith in a past post of mine?
Yeah well, back at ya! Great info. :metal:

4 Likes

Thanks a lot @TorturedZen, sure takes up a lot of time, resources, and cotton LOL. I gotta get better and start moving all these notes over to the flavor side. Slacking… :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I might have missed it but do we have any diketone info on these flavours?

3 Likes

I don’t think they do @SuperFrog, BUT, I cannot verify that yet. EcigExpress doesn’t have any information available yet, but I did email the manufacturer.

4 Likes

Ho Ho Ho all the way from Flavor Jungle, just in time for the Holidays.

6 Likes

Apple Fritter (Jungle Flavors) 11% (12-20-20) – First Jungle Flavors One Shot on deck, and perfect for the Holidays. I could smell the dough element when mixing, and wasn’t sure about how it would fare vaping, but it quickly became obvious, it just worked. The dough actually worked very well, as it portrayed both a baked, and almost undercooked dough at the same time, which perfectly suited a Fritter. The apple elements tasted somewhat unique, and were a great choice for this one shot, as they were not a typical “pie filling”, not heavy on the cinnamon, which really worked here. Almost a Fuji-ish punch on the top end, and overall it leaned more towards a fresh apple, than a filling apple. Slight amounts of spice but very low in the mix, so as not to overwhelm the apples and dough. Sweetness was mid level, and as a total vape, it really worked, and tasted different, which helped elevate it from the typical apple bakeries out there. Def. a tester tank finisher for me. Handily handing it up at a 9.5/10.

7 Likes

Donut Holes (Jungle Flavors) 12.5% (12-20-20) – Five days before Christmas and I need a Donut Vape !!! Did I get one, or a lump of coal ?? I got one !!! For starters, this is probably one of the BEST Donut flavor/one-shots I have tried, and that’s saying something. I may have detected some of my old friend FA Zeppola in here, but it tasted like a bit more than just that. The donut notes were fresh and fried if that makes sense, along with a nice helping of glazed sugar. It sat at about mid level sweet, which is fine for a donut. “Just say NO to PlayDoh” and this one does just that. I couldn’t detect any heavy notes to sway the donut/dough which left it neutral, but could easily be spiked with Strawberry, Raspberry, etc. if needed. As it stood, for a 50/50 dough/fried dough donut, with a delicious glazed coating, this one did exactly that, and never left you wanting. Feels perfectly donuty good @ 9.8/10.

8 Likes

Are these Flavor Jungles one shots or Jungle Flavors ??

4 Likes