Just a warning

Just wanna hand out a warning about a coil maker named GdBiker.
gratefulcoils dot webs dot com/

To clarify something before i start, i don’t mind waiting for stuff but close to 4 months for coils from USA to Europe is beyond ridiculous.

I made a logo for this guy and at start i didn’t have any intentions to get paid or anything but then he had a black friday sale and i asked him if he could send some coils my way as a thank you for the logo.
He immediately said of course and promised to ship said coils within a couple of days.

1 month passed and nothing showed up and i contacted the guy and he says he had forgotten and promised to ship the coils after the weekend,
Yet again nothing happens and i contact him again and get a promise that he will ship them out.
This is how it has been since black friday, a lot of BS promises and no coils.

2 weeks ago he yet again assured me he would send coils to me and surprisingly nothing has arrived to me yet.

I have also learnt that i’m not the only one waiting for stuff that never shows up so i guess this guy have no problem at all to rip people off. The guy got no honor, no morals and his business ethics are non existent at best.

So i wanted to issue a warning to all the good people of ELR so i don’t have to read that some of you been ripped off by this douche.

Remember the name GdBiker and please don’t do business with him and get ripped off.
Do yourself a favor and find a trustworthy coil maker out there instead.

Edit! Did put the link up to his website but made it non searchable for the search engines. Hope you are cool with that.

15 Likes

very nice of you to take the time to post.

6 Likes

Thanks man. I felt i had no choice in the matter since i would hate if any family on ELR get ripped off by this guy.

3 Likes

a forum dedicated to warnings about vendors would be a good idea. another one would be for cons of hardware

3 Likes

shocking, Phillip Turton ships worldwide now, I def recommend his coils too :thumbsup:

4 Likes

thanks for the heads-up :thumbsup:

1 Like

I ordered some coils from him a few days ago due to the link on your website. Seems like a really nice guy too.

2 Likes

Yeah he’s a proper sound bloke, I’m stll using the first set of coils he sent me they’re awesome :thumbsup::ok_hand:

2 Likes

Phillip Turton coils are amazing :wink:

2 Likes

Very nice job on the logo. If you did that for him and he is using it and has not paid you for doing so he is a douche in my book. If he has no intention of sending you coils he should not use the logo. The work you have in that would easily equal the work he’d have in a pair of coils. But that design would be a couple hundred dollars if made by a professional firm for use on a business related site.

One thing I do is I send a sample image. Low quality, with a watermark. If they pay they get the full size unaltered image. I recently did the same thing with a guy that makes mods. I gave him the low res image in hopes we could do a deal on a mod. I gave him the low res and he loved it, but never discussed a mod afterwards. But at least he is not using the image. I would suggest if you are going to do quality work like that you get paid before delivering your hard work.

1 Like

As i said in my first post, i had no intention to get anything for it at first until he had his black friday sale.
Some people doesn’t value graphic work as worth anything since they believe you just throw it together and done kinda.

Good advice on the low resolution with watermarks in it to prevent them from using anything without paying first.

It sucks to be fucked over by others that think they are entitled to do what they do without having any regrets.
Sorry that the deal on a mod never came through for you.

And thanks for the reply and thoughts on my work. Much appreciated.

1 Like

yes he does i talked to him on FB messenger told him it was your review that led me his way , he said i i figured since pugs is our only mutual friend lol

1 Like

Any idea why he is reluctant to send our guy here a measly set of coils for that badass imagery? I am sure there is a reason. But I’d feel like a real ass having that image up after refusing to give the artist something for his time. Hell, even if Fenrir1 agreed to do it for free I would feel obligated to send him a few coils just to thank him for his work.

3 Likes

i was talking about philip turton to pugs sorry for any confusion , as far as the biker dude i have no clue who he is or why he would do that besides the fact that hes an asshole

Oh. I thought when Pugs chimed in he was talking bout this guy. Carry on :wink:

1 Like

Huh, too bad. Really sucks when people shoot themselves in the foot like this.

Thanks for the heads up.

1 Like

I dont mean any disrespect but your post makes no sense. You did something for free, no expectation or demand of payment. The deal is finished right there. Anything else is his gift to you but its not required. But you have created a new expectation based something you hoped for and I dont see any crime because he didnt owe you in the first place. If you get the coils, great, and if not what have you lost? I do appreciate your frustration but its better to let go of it. You havent been cheated or robbed or anything. Yes, sure, if you were doing an actual trade, logo for coils, yeah I get it but thats not what happened. You cant interject a deal where there wasnt one. Maybe one day you will get a surprise in the mail or you wont and it wont make any difference either way. I’d bet you one thing, if you paid an order for coils I’d bet youd get them on time. Hope you can see the difference here and just let it go :slight_smile:

For someone that has been a member 1 whole hour you seem to know a whole lot about this. And i must say it is kinda suspicious for a new member to jump right in protecting someone the way you are right now.
You sure you’re not the guy talked about in my initial post or just someone running his errands in order to try to salvage some of his reputation that has taken a nosedive kinda.

I mean gdbiker got his own account on ELR and i for one would think it would show he has some balls if he answered under that account instead of a BS one.

6 Likes

Goddamit, you beat me to that one. Curse you my one finger typing!

2 Likes

I was thinking the same thing the others are saying. It doesn’t read as being an impartial statement by you. Hmm.

1 Like