Just did my first ever batch and now have questions

Hahaha yea aye. I think I might just keep it to 50ml from now on though. I just figured that the more I made… I wouldnt have to make it so often.

1 Like

I’m not sure if there’s a specific steep time for alcohol flavors, but 2 weeks would be a good starting point. Fruits can sometimes be shake and vaped right away, but a week shouldn’t hurt them at all. I don’t mix many tobaccos, but I do mix a LOT of heavy creams/bakeries/custards, and I let them steep at LEAST a month before vaping them. Tobaccos should probably steep as long, if not a bit longer than them.

6 Likes

Nothing wrong with mixing bigger, BUT, after you’re sure you LIKE it. :slight_smile: Some people will mix testers in 15ml bottles, with only 10ml of juice and leave a 5ml air gap, which when shaking can speed things up a bit, especially in smaller batches.

5 Likes

I have only started mixing tobacco flavours, I expect 4-6 weeks for most. Ry4 is mostly caramel though :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Oh wow. Fair enough. I don’t like the tobacco flavours but my old man does and am making them for him. I might have to look up ways to fast track the steeping for him for his first batch and then I can just make some more which should be ready by the time he will need them. Thanks for that mate :+1:

2 Likes

@Josephine_van_Rijn is quite the tobacco expert, iirc. If she has gotten over the side effects of her mystery vaporiser, she might be able to point out faster steeping tobaccos.
RY4 is probably one of the fastest, owing to the fact that it is not much of a tobacco.

4 Likes

Cheers mate. My old man like Peter Jackson but I got him a Benson and hedges knock off from u4ea called benches and ledges Hahaha. He mixes it with coffee so am keen to have a play with it and see what I come up with and see if he likes it.

2 Likes

I might swing her a message or something tomorrow and see if she can help me out. Thanks again mate :+1:

1 Like

If you do coffee, do small batches. You’ll mess it up and finish with dead badger juice more often than not.

5 Likes

hahaha I’ll keep that in mind

2 Likes

@Trueblue @SuperFrog’s right @Josephine_van_Rijn IS the tobacco expert here.

3 Likes

I’m not an expert in fast track steeping though :grinning: I think time is the best but I understand for a first batch that is difficult.
Warming it and shaking the shit out of it will help it along I suppose, just don’t add any nicotine yet when you do that. It will degrade with the heat so add it later.

I don’t believe in steeping rules. Taste is subjective and people like different things.
Just have your dad taste it and see what he says. My nephew likes his tobacco when I just made it fresh for him. When it’s ‘properly’ steeped he likes it less. :woman_shrugging:

I’ve had some tobacco’s that tasted good within a few days and others that I almost chucked because I thought they were horrid but turned out quite good 6 to 8 weeks later. Then there were the ones that I chucked cause I hated them.

I can’t talk for your old man so just make some and have him taste it with intervals of a few days. He’s the only one who can tell you what tastes good to him.

Being an Aussie you have a wide selection of tobacco’s to choose from at juicefactory.com.au :smile:
Personally I’m a big fan of FLV Red Burley and Juicefactories SC Old Captain and French Pipe :yum: (but I’m not your dad)
Hangsen is supposed to be a brand that doesn’t seem to need a lot of steeping but they stopped selling their concentrates in the EU. Maybe you can get your hands on it in OZ?

10 Likes

Oh really? I got told that the nicotine in every batch should be put in after the flavour… So I’ll be sure to add that last with the tobacco. Yea Dad is old school, he started vaping nearly 6 months ago to quit cigarettes… Which he did straight off the mark… But he hasn’t changed flavours in that 6 months Hahaha. He’s stuck on Peter Jackson and coffee. I told him I got him Benson and hedges and that I’ll try to get a good mix for him so he doesn’t have to keep adding the coffee separately. I’ll definitely check that site out though… Thanks for that. You have been a great a help.

3 Likes

You have all been great help. Thanks slot everyone. Definitely some food for thought there. You guys are awesome :+1:

4 Likes

When you steep it the old fashioned way you do, but when you heat your liquid to speed up the steeping you better add it later.

3 Likes

OK thanks. I’ll be sure to add it later on the first batch. After that I’ll be able to just let it sit as he will only be getting 100ml per month.

2 Likes

The important thing to understand is that you can’t know what you like until you mix n vape. It’s all new and a grand mystery to uncover. 2nd single flavors are rarely good by themselves and common adds are creams to give some body (or sweeteners or marshmallow etc.) The label on the bottle (flavor name) rarely delivers a vapable comparable juice all by itself.

To speed up this kind of awareness maybe look at some popular Shake n Vapes to help you be successful in the beginning making a fast and vapable e-juice and learn what you and Pops might like. There’s a thread for the best SnVs and the Top 100 thread also has much information when starting out. I’m running out of the house at the moment and perhaps someone else could do the courtesy of posting those links

[pooof he gone]

5 Likes
7 Likes

Just like with other juices… try during the steeping process and you might find that some are very good after just a few days.

I mixed a recipe last week, 1% red burley (flv), 6% ry4 double (tpa) and 2% vanilla shisha (inw)… 4 days later I was vaping it, other people tried it too and everyone thought it was pretty tasty and smooth.
Of course the flavor will change a little over a steeping process but there’s no general rule that requires a tobacco to steep for 4-6 weeks. I wouldn’t recommend it as a shake and vape though, it’ll be a bit harsh, but I’ve had steeped juices that were worse.

6 Likes

I can’t thank you guys enough aye. You have all been awesome. Thanks so much for all this advice.

Oh and sorry I didn’t reply earlier… Apparently because I’m a newbie I have a limited amount of replies I can do for the day or a set time or something.

8 Likes