Just repaired a couple of RX2/3

Not a good sign. What gets to me is they won’t accept responsibility for a faulty product or try to do anything to make it right.

1 Like

I had the same problem with the TC when I had mine. Got tired of taking the atty off, hitting the fire button and reattaching the atty back on. It was a very frustrating PITA.

2 Likes

it’s a cool looking mod, can’t deny it.

1 Like

Think I have done 5 or 6 for customers now all with the same issue which is pretty damn bad. I will never sell another wismec mod even if they appear to have upped their game.

4 Likes

I’m not sure I’d refer to anything as hazardous and then chase the comment with juice leaks…

Yes, eliquid getting into components/battery compartments can develop into a dangerous situation. But I wouldn’t necessarily call that a hazardous product. If anything, I’d blame the atomizer for leaking and creating the scenario first* and foremost.

*IF we were talking squonkers OTOH, then yes, the statement/assertion might actually apply.

FWIW though, I appreciate your tip (sharing) about the lcd issue, and the possible fix. That might save a forum member from losing a mod that’s “easy to fix” (with the right tools and skills of course)!

5 Likes

Mine is at the drawer waiting for this kind of repair, this weekend. Glad to have read this!
Thanks mate!

2 Likes

Happy to help. Good luck!

1 Like

Thanks for the instructions!

It doesn’t, and reassembling that thing (spring!) is a PITA

It’s not the torx screws, but a thick short red wire which connects the battery contacts to the PCB – so make sure not to pull on that one too hard; otoh, if you want to remove the sled completely, unsolder that red wire (and the thin red and black wires) from the PCB. That requires a good soldering iron, though.

2 Likes

I’ve never owned this mod, but read your fix and man, that’s very generous to take the time to share all that. Love the baggie trick!

As popular as this mod was I’m sure your write up will help many people. :+1:

5 Likes

I had to wire a back up camera for my RV…what is it with these new electronics companies where they are using wire as thin as hair strands lately?

1 Like

Thanks for the assist!
'preciate it.

Thanks brother. Thought I might save some adventurous types from having to buy another mod.

Cheaper production cost? Personally I think they design stuff to fail so you have to buy another one.

5 Likes

I’ve actually performed this fix twice on my RX2/3 in the 3 months I’ve had it. Now I’m getting the “atomizer short” warning and it won’t fire even though the atomizer works fine on my ol’ faithful Punisher 80. It’s a really neat mod but the issues are piling up. Thinking maybe a g priv 2?

2 Likes

I wouldn’t expect a smok to be much better tbh.

4 Likes

Sorry to hear about your experience there, but appreciate you’re sharing it! It’s always nice to hear that a reported fix works for several folks, but the down side is they’ve had to use it.

Ermm…

What he said. :point_up_2:

I’d suggest other brands if you are looking for reliability first and foremost (all with NON-built-in batteries):

Joyetech
Eleaf
Pioneer4U (IPV series 5 and prior, or 8 series)
Sigelei (if you don’t use TC)
Voopoo Drag
Hohm

Also, DNA and YiHi chipped devices are highly regarded, and have very solid track records.

Expect anything with a built-in battery to be disposable, and short-lived. Though they can be great as a backup rig for keeping in the car or backpack for an “emergency” on the go “go-to” device if you get into a situation where you left the house with low batteries, or broke a glass on your tank, etc. More than once I’ve been saved by keeping an old forgotten and “retired” setup in the console or glove box…

2 Likes

Thanks for the tips. Will definitely keep them in mind.

2 Likes

Usually, I’ll repair a mod once then shelve it if it has new or the same issues. I may go back to it later. I wouldn’t recommend a SMOK although there are many who love them. It’s too 50/50 for my patience. You may want to look into a Smoant Battlestar. I have two that I usually take to work, and they have never let me down. The TC may be a bit off but not frustratingly so. All others mentioned above are great mods that don’t disappoint IMO…

2 Likes

UPDATE. Just broke down the RX 2/3 to check for loose solder connections and found some juice on top of the battery carriage. A quick wipe down, popped the 18650s in and whammy! There we go. No more atomizer short message and back to vaping my sweet homebrew on my wismec. Hope it can help someone else.

3 Likes

Good job!
Glad you got it working again.