Kanger Subtank Mini Unboxing and Impressions

Any subtank users out there?

6 Likes

I agree - I find the Atlantis to have very muted taste, whereas the subtank actually has very good flavor compared to any other “clearomizers”. Though I can’t go higher than 24W with mine, I’ve found.
The Atlantis produces bigger clouds, but that one I run at 34W.

My rebuildable coil seems to have been broken in and flavour has improved, So for the review I might be more favourable

1 Like

I like mouth to lung hits so I have 3 Kayfun Lites but I am frustrated with the wicking so I purchased a Lemo (rebuildable) and Kanger Subtank Mini (not rebuilable). Lemo has great taste on the exhale but not on the inhale. Mini subtank has great flavor all around. They both drink a lot of juice and are lung hit only. :frowning: I don’t mind the lung hits but I do prefer mouth to lung.

1 Like

That’s odd, I sell the subtank mini in my shop and it comes with the rebuildable deck included. The subtank Nano on the other hand does not. Perhaps there is more than one packaging option, unless you did actually get the Nano…

2 Likes

My bad. I have the rebuildable deck sitting in a drawer but don’t use it.

I’ve been diggin the subtank mini. The only downside to me is cleaning the rebuildable deck. The chimney is sharp as ****. Otherwise it’s my second favorite RTA after the Lemo. Extra points for being able to easily refill the tank and switch out coils on the road.

1 Like

Ah, I see. Threw me for a loop when you said the mini was not buildable. No problem…

this is my tank with the istick 30w, this is my first vape setup and i really dig it. all this is still new to me (2wks) I’m trying to use the rebuildable base just taking some time to get use to. does anyone know if the occ .5 ohm heads were redesigned? anyways I dont think you’ll go wrong with this set up. enjoy

2 Likes

I agree, I have both the Atlantis and the Subtank Mini, and I give two thumbs up to the Subtank Mini. I also experienced the stronger throat hits at first with the Subtank Mini, but it didn’t take long for it to smooth right out. My biggest problem with the Atlantis is I get a lot of popping, and occasional spit back that I don’t get with the Subtank Mini. Taste is a problem for me because I have lost some of my sense of smell and consequently taste. I would like more flavor, but don’t know if I’m ready to go to a drip system. Thanks for a good review.

1 Like

Agreed, not only does the Subtank Mini have the rebuildable deck, but it’s not all that difficult to rebuild the occ coil.

If you’re already rebuild coils, I think you should try a dripper :smile: A good start with could be a magma…

3 Likes

Its been a while since i used my atlantis but yeah spitting was a huge problem so thanks for refreshing my memory, il mention that whenever i review this fully. No probs, thanks for leaving feedback, its what keeps me making videos.

A dripper will most likely be my next purchase. I’m going to start mixing my own juice as soon as my initial order of flavors and the other essentials arrives, which I’m hoping will be Monday. I’m thinking a dripper will be a good way to test flavors. Thanks for the tip on the Magma.

Im a bit late to this but i just got a ST Mini last week. It took a lot of messing around to get it to vape the way i wanted it too. I ordered a clone from FT, its well manufactured/machined and seems to be a 1:1.

The coils that came with it are decent, actually better than the stock RBA base before modification. Even then the stock coils vape better if you rebuild them. I drilled the same size holes in the RBA base that are in the stock OCC coils, i dont remember the size of the bit i used, sorry. My biggest issue with the RBA base is that when i unscrew the base the top of it sticks to the chimney. It really irks me as it does so every single time.

Before i modified the RBA base i couldnt go above 20w without dry hits when chain vaping and now i can vape at 35w without a problem. Not a bad little tank and most people would be satisfied with the RBA as is but i have to tinker with everything…

Knowing what you know now about it, would you still buy it if you had it to do over?

1 Like

Hi Ken; I put a Subtank Nano on my segelei 30w mini and myself and my buddy think it’s much nicer at around 14w rather than higher. Of course no dry hits at 14w. Sometimes less can be better…

1 Like

@JoJo For my needs, no. I would go with something capable of what i want to vape at without altering it. For the majority of people this is a great tank as it is. If you go to Reddit and read through the Subtank posts there are quite a few people asking how to not get dry hits.

@ringling Here is my deal, if it says it is capable of something it should be able to do so without altering it. It is sold as a 30 watt sub ohm device that allows for vaping in the 1.2ohm range as well. Its not a bad device, in fact it is easy to use for those new to RBA and sub ohm devices but the RBA base is not capable of performing normal vaping at at 30w. I cant imagine why they thought the tiny juice channels would perform well while the OCC coils have huge 2mm holes for juice flow. Most people who subohm like VG heavy liquids. If i put this tank on my mechs all i get is dry hits after the second or third pull. Well not anymore, once i modified the RBA base it was much better. I would hazard to guess there will be either an upgraded version of the entire device or the RBA section

Just my opinion that some may share and others may not. Thats the kewl thing about vaping is there seems to be something that fits almost everyone’s wants/needs.

2 Likes

I see you’re point, perform as advertised…By the way, are you aware you can rebuild those coils? You can!

1 Like

I sure do, they are much better once rebuilt with less than half the cotton. I was really surprised to see how much cotton they jammed into this thing. I believe it was the reason i was dry hitting so badly. Now that ive less than halved the cotton it vapes like a champ with the OCC’s.

2 Likes