Kayfun V5 - where to buy in the USA

I have 3 different clones and the SJMY is by far the best quality one.

2 Likes

I have 2 authentic and 1 SJMY. The clone works ok but is different in the airflow and tolerances.
After time the top cap on the sjmy becomes more and more difficult to thread on properly, also spinning the juice control has always been sloppy loose giving the tank a really cheap feel. As for the airflow. wide open is pretty similar but really sucks on the first pip if you are going for a tight draw, I find it to be 2 to 3 times as loose as the authentic on the first pip.

The top caps on the authentic’s initially are somewhat difficult to to thread on properly, but after use they work in perfectly and have maintained, as have all the tolerances on the authentic. As opposed to the sjmy which is clearly becoming sloppier with all of it’s tolerances as time goes by. ( I received the authentic’s 6/16 and the SJMY 8/17).

FWIW That’s my experience.

2 Likes

Sorry @wvsanta that was meant as a general reply!

1 Like

I haven’t had the SJMY for long but seem to have the opposite experience with the top cap. It was awful at first then started to break in. I laughed and thought they really copied the original on this one!

1 Like

It’s all good. No apology needed. :smiley:

All we can do is share what we experience honestly. That’s what sets ELR apart from any other place on the web. Honest opinions shared and nobody gets all butt hurt when someone shares a difference of opinion.

I am sure the clones are not what the authentic is in quality. I don’t have an authentic to compare but I also know the quality of Chinese machining is not equal to the standards of the rest the industrial world.

I have had mine since the first right at the same time the authentic was released.

I only continue to use the SJMY because the rest have all had issues, some from day one.

That said I guess I have been lucky. My (SJMY) has had zero issues from day one and all of the threads are still solid and buttery smooth. I have never even had to replace any of the O ring’s.

4 Likes

Same here. :sunglasses: I own 2 of these and use them on a daily basis. The steel tank option on the KF’s is another big seller for me… my work arena is brutal on a mod setup. I always keep my eyes open for a sale on these… having a couple in the “doomsday box” is probably a good thing.

4 Likes

There are odd moments in time when a clone is made better than the original. The Pegasus tube mod by Vapetech is one of them. Still have mine and wouldn’t part with it to save my life. Love my Peggy.

2 Likes