Kumbaya ELR

You actually do wub people here. I have it on good authority (which is myself) that you are in fact a sweet, teddy-bear of a person. It’s a good thing :wink:.

13 Likes

What a revoltin development. My family will disown me. I’ll no longer be welcome at the Ogre’s club. Oh the shame.

13 Likes

@Cutlass92 you make me laugh with the funny memes

10 Likes

@xSmoky_Blue , you were like a Master Jedi, smacking my head when I strayed from my training
master

10 Likes

I hate stealing from your comment, but this sums up my sentiments exactly…

I gave these individuals props in a prior thread, so I’ll just repeat it here…

First I’d like to give thanks to @Ken_O_Where for being patient and selfless through all the questions I asked early on. You are truly my mentor. I latched onto you because your mix style is similar to mine. You really understand and support the direction I choose to go.

@Kinnikinnick we didn’t always see eye to eye, but I know now it was my ego. I thought I knew it all and you kindly let me know there was a lot more out there than I thought I knew.

@ringling… the art of old school mixing. You taught me that all that extra stuff isn’t necessary. Use what I need and forget the rest. Thanks for your patience too.

@Amy2… the one on ones and your spot on comments always came at just the right time to save me a lot of headaches. Your insight and flavor descriptions has been invaluable for me.

@Alisa… We have different styles, but I learned from you to not be selfish and help where I can. I like the fact that no matter what was new to the forum you always kept things grounded. You are the true “Mother of ELR”.

@SthrnMixer, my brother from another mother. aka “Mr. Tell It Like It Is”. You don’t know how much I appreciate your honesty. It’s rare to see an individual that just keep it real 24/7.

@JoJo, you also keep it real and helped keep me centered. Thanks for your support in my endeavors.

@Jondamon… I remember when I tried to give you tips on coil making. I never thought you would turn into "Dr Coilenstein. Your builds are beautiful… keep it up. You have surpassed anything I could ever create.

I saved the best for last… OUR SUPREME LEADER @daath. Your vision and leadership is second to none. I can’t express how much I appreciate your efforts in building the best eliquid forum on the planet… THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

There are several others from back in day that inspired me… @quitter1… I miss you brother.

It’s an inspiration just to be a member here, Thanks for all the tidbits I’ve picked up along the way.

23 Likes

Lol. This is a copy and paste from here right?

How about we just thank everyone rather than the same usual people over and over. Let’s be thankful to the community as a whole rather than individuals if the goal is to unite everyone.

Sorry, I’m all for affirmation but sick of seeing the same people thanking the same individuals over and over and over and over again, it gets old.

I’m just happy to be part of the forum and everyone’s input and help be it big or small, it has helped me tremendously and know that your help is appreciated even though sometimes it doesn’t seem like it is. Thanks everyone.

4 Likes

Most hardware reviews are formulaic, predictable and uninformative. Steampug’s reviews are the best I’ve seen. I want to read all of it, which is not true of most others. The creativity level goes well beyond anyone else doing similar work and I applaud that.

10 Likes

Just as others has thanked those that was most influential to them, so have I. My opinion on this still haven’t changed, so I repeated my prior post.

8 Likes

Please go back to my original post. This had nothing to do with thanking people. And the rule was simple -

So if you don’t want to participate with that, kindly dismiss yourself.

While I’m replying, let me follow my own rule. @therabidweasel got me over my fears of using Titanium wire in non-temp controlled devices. Now it’s one of my favorites to use in the Modfather RDA. Love it!

12 Likes

This is a nice thread! I’ve been here practically every day since I started just over 8 months ago, and have consistently felt warmly welcomed. I’ve been thoughtfully guided through this tricky beginning phase of mixing by so many of you, fellow newbs and veterans alike. I’ve taken little glimpses into other forums and quickly realized that this is the place to be. Even when I brought up a contentious subject and felt a little pounced on by a few, it all came from and went to a good place, and helped me to have a better understanding of things.
A quick mention of just some of the folks who have taken the time to lend advice and knowledge: @R113, @Cutlass92, @Lolly, @VapeyMama, @SthrnMixer, @Pro_Vapes, @grubby@jay210, @Maureeenie, @fidalgo_vapes, @daath and plenty more I can’t think of right now. Thanks everyone!

Now, back to my Caramel Coconut Marshmallow Balls that I wouldn’t have been able to make without the helpful people here at ELR. It’s delicious!! You all rock!

21 Likes

I would like to thank @Lexie3 for her wise council in directing me to the right people to help me find some answers on a few subjects. The tone and tenor of her messages was warm and supportive.
I agree whole heartedly with her estimation of what I can expect from different quarters of the forum and how to avoid trouble.

8 Likes

True in my case as well!!! Even more harshly critical responses were meant for my own good, and not to belittle me. A ‘street education’ style of a response has its’ merits as well, as long as the target understands that. As the target, I understood and learned from it.

Thank you @Sprkslfly for some PM related guidance as well. Yes there are many, many I have missed.

Thank you for allowing (regardless of what you thought) a new member to have a voice and be allowed to offer advice. ‘New’ here doesn’t always equate to ‘new’ in the subject advice is tendered for, whether it is vaping related or even forum direction related. People here really get that!

11 Likes

Wise words indeed :wink:

6 Likes

id like to thank all of the members that were here prior to me that took the time to answer my questions and helped build this site , and to all those who have came here recently and keep this place going , i would like to throw out a couple special thank yous to @Rob62 for always steering me in the right direction and listening to my silly question about building coils , and @woftam for the help he provides when i need it there are many more people that i could thank but that would take all day i will also add @Chrispdx thank you for the help that you have provided to me when needed i know o could always count on you for a straight no bs answer :slight_smile: last but not least i have to say @Grubby thank you for checking to see how things are going in my life ive shared things with you that i havent with others about my life outside of Vaping and you have always reached out to see how things were going much appreciated

13 Likes

Even with the recent drama I still have to say that this is still one of the best forums around. So many amazing people I am a little hesitant to name names as I am afraid to leave someone out. I really have to thank @Steampugs for inviting me into his review world, your reviews are amazing brother and your a class act for sure :+1: Love @VapeyMama reviews, they are so much fun with great info to boot. @Lolly is one of the most loved here on the forum and for good reason, she is a beaut and has helped me immensely :kissing_heart:

@Grubby @woftam @TheTinMan have all shared not only there friendship but some kick ass recipes, you guys rock! @Sprkslfly is just an amazing person and always willing to help. @Skullblade789 is a real stand up guy, the kind of person you want to be your friend.

Oh, I have to mention @MysticRose who really helped me out when I first got into DIY, her notes are amazing.

I almost forgot JoJo and @Ken_O_Where who really are amazing mods, how you both did it for so long without blowing a gasket is mind blowing :wink:

…Ahhhhhh, I am leaving so many out but running out of time, 10 mention limit and not enough coffee today. Really everyone here with the exception of maybe a couple have been great to me, I am so appreciative.

15 Likes

woh…I’ve only just seen this, kind words indeed Natbone and for that I very much thank you :wink::+1:

7 Likes

A special thanks to @SthrnMixer for getting Kumbaya stuck in my head for the last hour or so… I haven’t thought the words “my lord” this many times since i was a kid in church!

13 Likes

Oh I hear it all the time…it’s basically what I make my kids call me… :neutral_face:

11 Likes

This a great thread…like said this will all pass…I want to thank @SthrnMixer for the help he gave me when I first came on the chat…there are a ton of others but dont want to crowd the post here…but all in all I could put every ones name here as some helped thru chat or the forum or just reading thier posts and learning from that…this a big happy family here…i just hope it stays that way…lets just spread the love here and grow stronger… peace to all

8 Likes

First time I read your handle on here @DarthVapor, I said to myself, I bet this dude can mix and I bet he has lots of recipes. Well, uh, yep, it was so I soon found out. Thanks for being so easy to talk to man, here in this forum I look at you as one of those mixers that polishes every mixer you help.

11 Likes