Label Makers

@Ken_O_Where do you print your labels on the paper labels or the “film/plastic/whatever that stuff is called” stuff.

1 Like

Don’t mean to butt in since you addressed your question to ken, but the film compared to the paper labels are like night and day. The print is a lot more vibrant and pro looking. Paper isn’t terrible by any means, but i can’t see going back to it once i tried film.

1 Like

That’s a cute idea. :slight_smile:

1 Like

But of course it’s cute, it’s us we’re always cute :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Butt away I don’t mind at all. In fact you can butt in anytime you want when I’ve posted. I welcome any and all ideas suggestions options and all that stuff.

The paper labels only work because they’re just for me. I’m sure they’ll get messed up with dripping juice, but a 30 ml doesn’t last that long. It’d be harder to get the clear tape of the bottle trying to protect them (but I put in on my 120 mls).

Here’s one I mixed last night. I just searched Google images and found two …cropped em down and managed in the Dymo sotfware (LabelWriter 450 Turbo)

4 Likes

I’m butting in too. If you don’t mind spending the extra money, the film is the best not only because of how it looks as @ffrank says, but it also doesn’t soak up juice. The paper ones do. I use a lot of paper myself but have to replace those labels occasionally whereas the film just lasts and lasts. You can get film from Amazon for around $40 shipped for 50 ft. This is for the Brother QL-700. You can get paper from Amazon as well, around $20 shipped for 100 ft. Big difference in price, yes, but big difference in the product too. My suggestion is get both. You will soon find out which you like to use for what. And for more info, if I’m just labeling my own bottles and not to be something for marketing, I use approx 1" of the tape for each label. That is 600 film labels and 1200 paper ones. So even the film is not a bad expense at approx 7 cents each.

4 Likes

haha don’t make go buy another label maker :wink:
and I am not recommending anyone buy this model Dymo I got super crazy cheap used …it even had the right labels in it!

1 Like

This thread is just loaded with butts this morning. hehehehehe Morning Robert how ya doin?

GOGOGOGOGO. then sell me your old one for next to nothing. HINT HINT HINT lmao

1 Like

If I come across one I’ll pick it up

1 Like

I hear ya dude. :slight_smile: Honestly I haven’t read the entire thread and at one point I thought we were discussing the Brother printer. But in reality I bet if the Dymo is a thermal printer and the tape would fit, it would work. And if not I also bet the prices between the model specific printers is pretty close. Still, I’m feeling way older than my 51 years so I call senior immunity from any and all harsh criticism! :laughing:

And at least one ass I know of…I saw that sumbitch in the mirror this morning! Hehe.

Doing well my friend, and hope you and the rest of the clan here are having a fine day!

2 Likes

Wait? what? Thermal clear film!? hmmm thanks!

Oh just looked and it has a different metering system (black squares) Dymo has punch holes between labels

http://www.uline.com/Product/Detail/S-11288/Dymo-Labelwriters-and-Labels/1-1-8-x-3-1-2-Clear-Dymo-Labels

2 Likes

Does the Dymo printer have a knife? I know the Brother one does. So you can either use labels or what I use, continuous tape. You create your design in their software and it will print/cut. So if the Dymo doesn’t do that then the Brother tape won’t work.

1 Like

The Brother is a continuous tape, but the Dymo has like a SaranWrap serrated edge which just tears between stickers. Dymo obviously has an “eye” and stops at the punch hole in the backing.

Another good use would be labeling all your AC adapters …I mean I have one for my scale my charger(s) my mini cordless drill (to infinity and beyond) and they’re all starting to look the same

2 Likes

With the continuous tape you can make your label as short or as tall as you like. The bottom one is one I would use if for marketing. The top is what I do here at home all the time. That’s less than half an inch. So I’m getting 1200 labels out of the 50 foot roll of film, 2400 labels out of the 100 foot roll of paper.

8 Likes

Nice! Luckily I only have to impress myself :wink: Very cool

3 Likes

OK since we are on the topic. What’s the best way to print for 30 ml bottles in a clear label? Sry if mentioned at work reading fast. Well skimming. I have avery but have yet to try and heard that when those get wet they fade

1 Like

I personally have not tried the clear film but since it only prints in black, I can’t imagine it would be something my weary eyes would like. But if the bottles being used were PET plastic, then I think that gives it more of a light colored background and may be easier to see. As for the fading, I can confirm that happens with papers. Not with film, but I’ve not used the clear. Are you sufficiently confused now? :slight_smile:

1 Like

kinda…lol. i just wanna do clear as i have always liked them. simple but can be elegant depending on what i design. but not sure whats best to make that happen…lol

1 Like