Label Makers

I don’t have that one, but it looks like it does graphics. So if you wanted to you could use a graphics program like MS paint to make your image negative then print that. My labeler is the DYMO 400 and I was able to drive it with my windows 10 PC but as far as I know it does not do negative images with the provided software, so I would have to do the same thing.

2 Likes

3 Likes

you just need to play with the P-touch Editor 5.1 …Duchesst

2 Likes

this is so nice of you, deserves a whole lot off karma.
Think i will be ordering one off these machines pretty soon

1 Like

You can buy the Brother tape/labels and they are pricey, but they do have a few options that you can’t get elsewhere.
For standard paper labels you can buy the (clone) rolls alone in several sizes, very affordable, but you need the cartridge [holder] that the rolls fit, and each size is different.
You can buy the clone rolls with a disposable cartridge, or with a reusable cartridge, or you can buy the cartridge and rolls separately.
You can buy the film tape for some Brother models and some sizes/colors, but most choices are from Brother only, at least in my searches. Never found any film tape that was cheap.

Even if you use paper 2.4" tape [continuous roll], you can print it 180 degrees, and have several lines depending on font size choices…[the label pic below is 2’4" paper printed that way] and they fit a 30ml bottle easily.

The free software has a lot of options in it, and it works well with Win10

If anyone knows of a good place to buy the film tape for a QL-700, please post. Any color.

The label on the left is from a Brother PT-1750 and is film tape. Borders/frames can be added to the label on the right also, using the QL-700…as can be images, but only in black and white.

2 Likes

P.S. The best thing about the thermal printers like Brother and Dymo is no ink cartridges are needed

5 Likes

Been keeping an eye on this thread since I joined for ideas and digging today in a box of “STUFF” a friend was so good to leave me to deal with what do I find but 2 Brother Label makers.
A new PT 2200
And a Home & Hobby III
Both powered up and tested fine.
Hot damn no more blue masking tape and my illegible chicken scratch handwriting.
Timing couldn’t have been better as I nearly pulled the trigger on one a few days ago.

4 Likes

I use a Brother label maker simple easy and small.

Brother P-Touch M Label Tape Size Chart

https://www.ontimesupplies.com/community/kb/office-supplies-guides/brother-label-maker-refill-guide.html

but 99% of the time I use Dot stickers esp while in the tweaking phase.
Image result for dots stickers

Available at office depot and Amazon
( could use it as a bulls eye also for target practice on a plate )

4 Likes

Product labels price depends upon the quality and size of the label. Higher the quality + size, higher will be the price for label designing. There are a lot of option available and you can design a label yourself. But if you are looking for custom and high quality professional label for your product your should go for a professional label maker.

1 Like

Hello, and welcome! If you would like to create a vendor account, please send a message to @daath.

FYI: There might be a few folks here that would be interested in a full service label company, but this is a group of DIY oriented people, after all. Best of luck!

4 Likes

I use a Epson eco tank printer which allows me to refill the ink tanks myself and use glossy A4 self adhesive glossy paper which is water resistant. I design my own labels using paintshop Pro. I am very happy with my results.

10 Likes

A couple more

10 Likes

If I get the Brother P-touch, I would use this label template.:grinning:

2 Likes

You lot make me feel really half assed for using masking tape and a sharpie :joy: (I believe that’s aka painters tape in the US)

4 Likes

I use the same thing and been mixing for over 3yrs lol

4 Likes

im rather happy with the zink happy printer designed for mobile devices like phones or tablets but also it can be connected to a pc

5 Likes

In all of the web searching I did for label makers, the Zink Happy never came up. Very interesting technology.:nerd_face:

3 Likes

I like it a lot better than the p-touch.
when i run out of paper for the zink - my p-touch is the back up

even thou its not advertised for the pc windows drivers catalog has drivers for the zink

which reminds me i need to order a new z-roll .

i only got 9 inches

3 Likes

Brother QL800 on sale 60% off. Red/Black printing. $40.00USD not including shipping. Not sure how long the price will last.

https://www.staples.com/Brother-QL-800/product_2258185

5 Likes

I ended up buying the Brother P-touch CUBE at Staples for $29. I can use it from my Android which was a requirement for me. I couldn’t do the first label I designed because this one doesn’t support the 1" tape. I’ll make do. Thanks everybody for the information.:metal::sunglasses::metal:

5 Likes