Let's make a Good *Coffee Flavor*

I grabbed some tiramisu on my last order to mess around with coffee, but it looks as though I may need to wait and get some dark bean and Mexican liquor, any other suggestions?

Nah, there are lots of good things you can do with tiramisu without other coffee like flavors. Easy does it, 2% is on the brinks of too much with that flavor. Itā€™s one of my favorites.

3 Likes

Anyone play with Kona Coffee flavor? Personally, the volcanic-rich-soil flavor built into Kona gives it such an awesome, unique, delicious flavor. Iā€™d love to make a vape with that flavor and add some malted milk/cream and/or vanilla/chocolate. But, like others mentioning this feat(coffee recipes in general), it seems quite daunting.

Am I the only one who canā€™t stand the Dark Bean (Cofee Expresso) flavor from FA? It tastes like dry burn bakery/cofee with tons of acetyl pyrazine even at 0.5%?

1 Like

Well @Quakas, weā€™re about to find out. I just got some of this the last shopping round. Tonight, before I read this, I mixed up a few different recipes containing the dark bean. Iā€™ll chime back in on this thread once the mixes steep for a bit. Thereā€™s tobacco in the mix as well, so that means at least 2 weeks steep time; perhaps more. I love espresso, so Iā€™m hoping these mixes turn out swell. Let you know!

3 Likes

Please do. Me too. :slight_smile: I just got some Dark bean from FA but I havenā€™t tried it in a recipe yet. I had such high hopes. Youā€™re killin mah dreams @Quakas! Lol. Kidding. Tis the way of the coffee flavor, Iā€™m afraid. Weā€™ll see how it goes.

2 Likes

I used some for the first time last Friday, will test it this Friday. ā€¦

1 Like

I used the FA Dark Bean Espresso in a recipe about 3 weeks ago at 1%. It was overpowering after mixing
and again after 1 week steep. Havenā€™t checked it in awhile, but I will try to remember to when I get home today.

3 Likes

Oh, dear! Well, the recipes Iā€™ve used it with, have 1.5 to 2 %. Hereā€™s hoping that the other flavors in the mix and steep time quell the dark bean beast!

2 Likes

Taste is subjective, I did try some of HICā€™s recipes with FA espresso but all Iā€™ve got was this overpowering burned bread/corn taste. I have to change cotton and wash the atty every time I use it. But then Iā€™ve found others who just love this flavor, the best rated recipe with espresso in ELR uses 10%??? so @Jimk donā€™t worry this could be just me, and no, thereā€™s nothing wrong with my espresso bottle is well within expire date and I buy directly from flavourart.it

Yup! Youā€™re right there. I know there are some public recipes of mine that, when mixed as posted by someone else, theyā€™re going to say ā€œoh my god thatā€™s strong!!!ā€. Well, I like strong mixes, always have. No worries on my end with the dark bean.

For the record, I am trying to lower the flavor percentages in my mixes these days, just to see if I get the same satisfaction. Iā€™ve been fairly heavy handed with the flavorings in the past. I look at some mixers flavoring percentages and wonder to myself, how in the world can that little of a flavoring percentage be enjoyable??? But, as you stated, itā€™s all subjective; to each his/her own.

3 Likes

I just checked my recipe and realized that I followed the lead of Lars with his http://e-liquid-recipes.com/recipe/112441/Smooth+Morning+Kick so I only used dark bean at .5% .

4 Likes

Itā€™s been awhile since I put in any comments here and wanted to update being I actually have a little time today. Some of you may have gotten TFAs Mexican Liqueur after reading the posts here. After experimenting with it awhile I have found that absolute max percentage should be no more than 1%. If you like curling the hair on your toes then go stronger. I also have found that it mixes well with TFAs Milk Chocolate, Caramels, Malted Milk, Kahlua & Cream, and others. Hereā€™s a recipe to try if you likeā€¦

MAX VG, or not

CARAMEL CANDY (FW) 10%
Coconut (FW) 2%
Malted Milk (TFA) 2%
Mexican liqueur (TFA) 1%
Milk Chocolate (TPA) 6%

We think itā€™s tasty, hope you do tooā€¦

8 Likes

I have to get Mexican liqueur and caramel candy ā€¦I want to try this bad ā€¦Iā€™m in a juice funk right now and just canā€™t find anything I like

1 Like

If you like a Kahlua taste at all, you wonā€™t have buyers remorse with this flavor! Iā€™m in the process of a mix with FA Dark Bean, caramel, Mexican liqueur and of course tobacco. I figure, with 4 of my favorite flavors, how could I go wrong!

3 Likes

I havenā€™t vaped tobacco in a while ā€¦I just grabbed my orchid v6 off the shelf and it was full of some sort of tobacco concoction ā€¦tasted like a honey tobaccoā€¦which I donā€™t remember mixing ā€¦not bad ā€¦not what Iā€™m looking for either tho ā€¦Iā€™m thinking a delicious dessert coffee mix ā€¦I need to order some new flaves

1 Like

I love blending with kahlua, however, I prefer the Kahlua & Cream flavor. I do use both thoughā€¦

2 Likes

Hi Jimk;

Try blending the Mexican Liqueur with Kahlua & Cream, I haveā€¦

1 Like

Just put Kahlua and Cream on the shopping list!

1 Like

Ooh thatā€™s a good idea. I never thought about using Carmel candy in a coffee flavor. I had picked it up and couldnā€™t think of what to make with it after it showed up lol. I was really liking Night Shift for a coffee flavor. I might try adding a little Carmel to it. Thanks.

1 Like