Let's make a Good *Coffee Flavor*

There’s plenty of flavors you can use with coffees… Chocolates, Vanillas, Hazelnut, Other Nuts, Caramel, Kahlua, Creams, Dairy Types, Marshmallow, Whipped Cream, Cheesecake, Raspberry, Tobaccos, Coconut, Orange, Rum, Cinnamon, Nutmeg, Cardamom, probably even Dulce de leche

3 Likes

So, Dark Bean/Coffee Espresso by FA is pretty much the bees knees for me. You weren’t kidding @Jimk, this is some great stuff. I don’t think I’d use as much as you do, but I’m mixing in high PG so that might affect things. And @daath, you don’t call it smooth morning KICK for nothing, do you? I had to alter it a tad cuz I didn’t have all the flavors, and it needs to steep a little longer, but dang! I think I just might be in vape heaven for the next couple weeks playing with this stuff. :heart_eyes:

Word to the wise from the fool: unless you really love straight espresso or kick-you-in-your-face juice, this stuff needs a sweetener or to be mixed with caramel, cream, hazelnut, or the like. The search has ended for me…for now. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

8 Likes

Thought you were gonna like it! I love that slap in the face espresso flavor. Have fun experimenting!

2 Likes

Thanks! I like it a lot. In fact, I think I’ll mix up another batch of it! :smiley:

2 Likes

Hi Jim,

Was looking at recipes killing some time waiting for a techie to call and noticed you use TPA Horchata. How good is it. Do you recommend or should I try FWs?

Here’s what I can tell you. My wife loves it. She likes things with cinnamon. Me not so much; just barely a hint of bakery cinnamon or spicy cinnamon such as FA cinnamon Ceylon is what I can stand. I have not use any other Horchata flavor other than TPA. This flavor is in my stock to make my wife happy; nuff said.

I have tried it and thought it was palatable, nothing pungent or medicine like to make me never want to vape it again. I look at it like this, $3.25 for the experimentation factor is a bargain.

1 Like

Got to keep the wife happy. Somewhere on this forum, and I believe quite recently, we were talking about Horchata. I actually would prefer no cinnamon or next to none myself. Guess I need to do a search and see what was said…Thanks!

I can do a stand alone Horchata mix test batch and let you know what I find. You’re making me interested in fact finding.

1 Like

I’m kind of interested as well. I love horchata. Have you had the real thing? I’m interested to know how it compares.

1 Like

Never have; does cinnamon play a big part in the flavor?

Yeah, kinda. It is basically a sweet cinnamon and vanilla rice (or sometimes almond) milk. There was a hole in the wall Mexican place when I lived in Texas that made it in-house and it was amazing.

3 Likes

I tried searching the forum for our discussion of horchata before but I guessing it is mispelled or I actually saw this info elsewhere. Seems to me I remember someone or something saying that Horchata made in mexico was different from that of horchata made in the states. I think it may have something to do with the cinnamon…

As in more or less? I’m not sure, but I know the stuff I got from the restaurant was way better than the mixes I’ve bought in grocery stores. I wanna say a good horchata (IMO of course) is rice and almond with cinnamon and a tad of sugar. The good one I had wasn’t super sweet, but just pleasantly so…kinda helped offset that salt and heat of the food, which I imagine may be the point of horchata? You’d think being a former Texan I’d know more about this, but alas…no.

1 Like

I’ve lived in Texas for over forty years and honestly never tried Horchata. Probably time I did. I eat in Mexican Restaurants often so I need to check the menu…

2 Likes

LoL Well there ya go! At least I know it wasn’t just me. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Ok, figured out what it was I saw previously. I’m getting a order together for TFA and FW and when checking out TFA Horchata, they have horchata smooth, and plain horchata. The horchata smooth is a version with less cinnamon. Sounds like the one for me. I already have vape recipes dancing in my head…lol

2 Likes

Yikes! Totally forgot about the smooth, for those that like less cinnamon. Good catch!

3 Likes

Blasphemy, I tell you! :smirk:

4 Likes

I just got my flavors in and horchata is one of them and I can tell you already that I won’t like it …good thing I only bought a small tester bottle . Way to much cinnimon

1 Like

Hope you didn’t buy the horchata smooth. Plain or Smooth?