Let's make a Good *Coffee Flavor*

It just said horchata ! But it’s strong ! Almost like cinnamon candy

1 Like

I’m gonna try the smooth, hope they toned it way down. We’ll see…Thanks!

2 Likes

Good god , I mixed up a coffee vape last night and got impatient and needed a new juice to try in my Cthulhu so I put some in …bad juju . Nauseating even …maybe it needs more time but it’s my fist time using Dark Bean …maybe it’s the other flavours as well

1 Like

Search Dark Bean in the recipes and check out Jimk and Jojo’s recipes using it. Neither one used the Dark Bean with more than 2%. How much did you try?

3 Likes

Was just doing that ! I used 3 % which apparently is way too much

4 Likes

I suspected as much. If you ever try the Mexican Liqueur from TFA, you can not use it above 1%. I as described it once before, “any more than 1% and it will curl the hair on your toes”. Sound familiar with your Dark Bean?

4 Likes

Sounds about right!! Make a nice drain cleaner I think

3 Likes

And wow, look at that floor shine…lol

3 Likes

Lol yeah maybe a bit. I’d suggest starting at 0.5%. I know @Jimk likes it stronger, but unless you really love sucking down six shots of straight espresso, that stuff is potent. Don’t get me wrong, I love it, but you gotta respect the bean. I haven’t gone above 1% and that’s plenty for me. :smile:

5 Likes

I think I’m gonna start at 0.5 % for sure …gross

1 Like

You’ve probably done this as well, but, when I’ve made a mix where one flavor is way too predominate, I’ve mixed up an identical size batch (or two) and just omitted the predominate flavor in the new batch and then combine the batches. Cutting down the dark bean to 1.5 % would probably be tolerable for you; a bit of steeping does tame the dark bean.

4 Likes

I made a 5ml tester batch …so I won’t take the time il just start over but yes …before I got my 5 ml bottles I had to do that a few times . Good suggestion tho had I mixed up a big batch

3 Likes

Thanks for helping me find a 365 24/7 flavor. That’s all I wanted when I started mixing a month or so ago. I cut your original ingredients in half. Used TFA flavors with a 10% (100%) nicotine and a 70/30 VG/PG MIX. I’m not very descriptive with describing flavor. I’ll just say the result is a very smooth vape. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

4 Likes

Been working on coffee for a while now the biggest tip i can give you is DO NOT go for Inawera Coffee Wera Garden. Unless you want a chopper fuel style vape!! Its pitch black with matter in suspension it foams as soon as you give it a single shake. A deffinite No No. FA Dark Bean is the way to go.

1 Like

Chopper fuel style vape. That’s funny as hell, lol. I love my cup of coffee but all my feeble attempts so far to make a good coffee vape come out like the chopper fuel you mentioned. I keep gathering different coffee flavorings and keep trying different recipes in the hope that one day I achieve success and get something that actually resembles coffee to me. For me a coffee vape has been as elusive as a peanut butter vape. I love both to eat/drink but so far trying to vape either one has been a disaster. When I vape either one, my head always turns towards the camera and turns into a “WTF?”

2 Likes

I know it’s a late reply, but I can’t stand the FA “Dark Bean (Coffee Espresso)” flavor…and I really wanted to, given that everyone else on earth seems to think it’s just the bomb. (It’s used in like 8000 recipes here ???).

No matter what concentration, what PG/VG ratio, and in what tank…it always tastes exactly like a wood-burning kit to me. In fact, it is a dead ringer for burning wood. (My girlfriend gets the exact same taste from it).

I’m guessing that maybe a drop or two of it would add something interesting to some tobacco or other earthy juices, but I haven’t gotten up the nerve to even try it.

The search for a coffee flavor continues for me.

2 Likes

I’m by any stretch of the imagination a good mixer yet, that being said I made a very tasty coffee vape but I’m sure I just got lucky w a great flavor rather thannn me making a great vape, haaaa!! But, either way it’s very good and is so versatile to easily do anything you want… it’s delicious! Enjoy…;))

Purilum caramel coffee and sweet cream 5%
FA marshmallow. 1%
Tpa French Vanilla Cream 2%

And that’s it! 2-3 days steep helps but not bad initially

I understand their other coffee flavor is very good also and I think it’s an expresso

Seeing that this thread has been bumped… has anything yet come aling to compete with fa dark bean?

Inawera Tiramisu has replaced FA Dark Bean for me and I was a huge advocate for the Dark Bean (probably way up there in this thread). For me, it gives a great coffee flavor without tasting burned and it’s a little more forgiving. I have FA Booster (Tiramisu) but haven’t tried it yet. From what I’ve heard, they’re pretty similar.

5 Likes