Let's talk about "Blue Raspberry"

This is totally it for me as well! This is a flavor i love and planed to work with, but a noob is no help to you - sorry. I plan on following this thread in hopes it will go somewhere and we find a charms blow pop!!

4 Likes

Wow thank you so much for the breakdown and your thoughts. I’m waiting on some WF blue raspberry to get here that I’m excited to try.

I don’t usually use sweeteners, but I too have heard that sweetener helps deliver malic/citrus to the palate, thus their inclusion. Not too mention the only thing the junk food industry loves more than malic/citric tart acids is sugar. I’m just going to piggyback on decades or their flavorists findings and probably millions of dollars of research and trust my gut that the two go together in this example. I lean towards super sweet just because it tastes the cleanest to me.

I included the green apple because or their sweet/tart nature and I’m assuming the already present malic acid. (I don’t know this, just a hunch)

I included for forest fruit for pretty much the same reasons as the green apple. I think you may be right about too much acidity in the profile overall. I know often times less is more, but I want this flavor ELECTRIC. I can always dial back and sub/swap/drop as needed.

To be honest my choices in raspberry were just as much about capturing an artificial candy note as much as raspberry itself. However, I’m not against dropping the raspberry down a bit and using some jelly candy or something similar to capture that same essence.

3 Likes

Can you pleased tell me what this is? I have searched and cant seem to find it

You can find them here:

As far as I can tell, they’re not being sold by any other vendor. Although, I’d love for them to be picked up by some of the big guys like BCF, ECX, or Gremlin.

6 Likes

Uh-oh, another new place :slight_smile: ty you jojo, I kept pulling up the nicotine place.

1 Like

Hahaha yep, always something new. :stuck_out_tongue: They sent me the line as a thanks for getting their thread here and their flavors in the database sorted. I have some notes written up if you wanna look. If you’re into cereal vapes at all, the honey crisp and tootie frootie are spot on honey bunches of oats and Fruit Loops IMO. They have some other surprisingly great flavors, too.

4 Likes

awesome thanks! I was just wondering what else was good, because all i needed was the blue raspberry. Ill grab a few you liked as well, ty

2 Likes

This was interesting if you haven’t seen it yet…

2 Likes

I figured I’d drop a quick little update… I haven’t made the progress that I would’ve liked due to severe time restraints. However, I did get around to doing basic smell and drop tests on both RF Blue Raz & WF Sour Blue Raspberry candy.

RF: Astringent raspberry-esqe odor bordering on acidic rancidness. Very reminiscent of being somewhere between a INA Raspberry & TFA Blackberry. Drop test offered up a surprisingly pleasant tart raspberry. Very dark, almost earthy or what I perceived as musky. Slight floral, more soapy back-notes which is to be expected from strong concentrates (side note, I get soap from almost all things blueberry, so I could be picking up on that as well as RF cites blueberry in their profile). Definately has some potential from what seems to be a wonderfully captured tart element if nothing else.

WF: At first, I thought the odor was very linear or one dimentional. I got a soft but pleasant raspberry on top with an almost flat citrus soda or even a hint of orange juice concentrate (the frozen stuff that came in tubes our parents fed us when we were kids) notes on the bottom. But first impressions aren’t always right…

I followed up with the drop test and WOW! Very nice tart element up front follwed by a rush of sweet with a candied raspberry finish. Phenomenally well balanced. Very hard to pick any single element out as it transitions from one vein into the next almost seamlessly. There was a familiarity to it, something I was missing that I couldn’t put my finger on. I kept coming back to it several times and finally it hit me. The “missing element”, or what I perceived it to be or eqated it to was CAP’s Jelly Candy. I don’t know if that’s subliminal due to the illustrations they use of the jelly candies covered in little hard candy spheres or not, but that’s what I got from it. Smelling it again confirmed the jelly candy aspect for me. What I had originally interpreted as a very soft linear & one dimensional odor was actually the jelly candy on top. I don’t know if jelly candy has emulsifying properties or not, but I suspect this is what what is rounding off the sharp edges allowing the smooth transition from one element to the next without any single one standing out above the rest. This one is a definite contender for my new favorite. I can’t wait to mix it up and try it out properly!

With the holidays and my already chaotic schedule, I don’t know when I’ll be able to work on this project again but I’ll be watching for everyone’s input and collaboration.

12 Likes

Oh come on! If this is part of the PMTA thing I’m going to scream!

Edit: While Nicriver may decide not to carry this flavor anymore (over what seems to be a simple misunderstanding) it’s not going away anywhere else. Wonder isn’t canceling this flavor.

4 Likes

I love FW Blue Raspberry :slight_smile:

2 Likes

That blue raz wf isnt the only wf sc with that message on it at nicriver. I guess they got complaints about usage %. Understandable. For something to be considered SC, i would think it probably should be 3% or lower.

1 Like

Yeah it’s understandable if they were marketed as “SC”. Was it ever marketed that way or was that just an assumption on everyone’s part that their entire line was SC? If you look on Wonder’s website they don’t call it “SC” and they even suggest 6-9% usage. That’s why I called it a “simple misunderstanding”.

I can understand if anyone was blatantly lied to about it being SC, but I’m not seeing that? 5% is the median here, and that’s probably skewed by crazy recipes that use up to 18%. The average is probably closer to 3-4% so I don’t see what the big deal is really. The price point isn’t too far off from CAP which doesn’t tend to be very concentrated.

What other flavors at nicriver are in question?

1 Like

Right. I didnt look that far into it. Yeah, seems like you’re correct, a misunderstanding. Good stuff!

1 Like

If someone is in the states, they actually are being sold by DIY vapor supply. That’s where I’ve been (selectively) getting mine thanks to your notes :grin:

2 Likes

Oh cool! I didn’t know that. Awesome. :smiley:

2 Likes

Has anyone tried Liquid Barn Blue Raspberry? At 8% stand alone and a little koolada, its the closest I’ve tried to the " slushie" flavor.

1 Like

If you like Blue Slushie by Keep It 100, I think I made a close clone to it. Not 1 for 1, but close enough.

http://e-liquid-recipes.com/recipe/2106697/Blue%20Slushie%20by%20KEEP%20IT%20100%20clone

5 Likes

@Sir-Mix-A-Lot1 How is this going? Was just wondering where you are at now with the quest

1 Like

I haven’t given up Lexie, but I haven’t made much progress. I’ve been crazy busy and can barely manage to get into my mixing room to even fill my personal unicorns off of the master batch tap. I might be able to get in there for a little while tonight.

I work 12-14 hours a day and have so many irons in the fire it’s getting depressing lol. I have been able to think about this a lot lately and I think I’m going to approach it from two angles. One will be blending 2 B.R. concentrates together and the other will be to make my own B.R. from different components. The more time that passes and the more I think about this project the longer my shopping list gets.

2 Likes