Lets talk tobaccos; hybrid flavors and mixes

How long did you let it steep? I’ve read it needs at least 2 weeks but for me it took well over a month before it went from barely vapable to really nice.
I really enjoyed this simple recipe with 1.5 to 2 month steep:

2 Likes

I did a recipe using Sweet Tobacco (Purilum) and FLV Eggnog & Pumpkin Spice. It actually turned out quite nicely although I’m not sure it’s a profile everyone would love. It was a nice winter mix though. I thought it was yummy.

3 Likes

No backlash from me. But from my layman’s perspective, any juice that has a tobacco element is a tobacco juice. Like always, just my opinion. I understand why this thread is so titled, and I also understand your objection.

2 Likes

That made pretty good sense to change the name to hybrid so I changed it. I’m new to those flavors so I have a quick question for you. When you say NET, does that mean a specific name for a group of tobaccos? Are those something you make? I looked at the link you posted and they look very interesting!!

No backlash here either but hopefully it stays a tobacco mix thread with the new name :slight_smile: I just started trying these and am definitely enjoying them, as mild as they may be. “I” taste tobacco and consider it a tobacco flavored juice regardless of the percentages

If we were talking strawberry we all would know it is not the real thing either but an extract regardless of quality and where they are shipped from, we form our opinion of personal taste/vape

3 Likes

Naturally Extracted Tobaccos

:+1:

4 Likes

Thanks @Lolly this helped alot!! I think I’m going down the rabbit hole for tobacco flavors now. I really love what they do in a mix!

3 Likes

I just went down with you. I really like that there are some that are not overpowering. I had no idea

1 Like

Can someone lead me to a few flavors that would be like smelling a fresh pack of cigs without the combustion or the perfumy notes I have got from the store bought juices I have tried? I really don’t know where to start on this. I have thought I liked some juices and got tired of them within a week and they all tasted perfumy if that makes sense.

1 Like

Hey there @Jazzy_girl @Bugalien @Lexie3
Sent you guys a PM

2 Likes

@50YearsOfCigars I don’t see a pm from you

1 Like

i have to agree that most of the tobacco recipes(especially the ones using ry4d) are mostly semi tobacco or dessert tobacco recipes.that’s because ry4d is NOT a tobacco conc. it is caramel and vanilla with a very light tobacco base which is necessary to bring out the main aromas which are caramel and vanilla.
in my opinion you are looking at the wrong recipes.try some made out of inawera tobacco aromas or flavorah or flavourart.

2 Likes

If it has a tobacco base (even if its light), how can you say its not a tobacco? I get that its not your style of tobacco, but IMO if a concentrate has tobacco flavor at all in it then its a tobacco.

3 Likes

No disagreement here.let’s say it is semi-tobacco concentrate.also don’t forget that ry is not a real kind of tobbacco,it was created in laboratories and was named RY from the company that first patented and manufactured electronic cigarettes,RuYan.ry is not like virginia-burley-perique-cavendish etc which are real kind of tobaccos.
now having said that,imagine mixing in a recipe cavendish type tobacco-bisquit-apple pie-butterscotch-custard…or a burley like fa’s with cinnamon danish. no way you can make this work!but if you sub cavendish or burley for ry4d then it is more likely you’ll have,at least, a decent recipe. so that’s what i mean by saying it is not tobacco concentrate.and of course i use it a lot in tobacco recipes because i like that dark caramel essence that comes out after steeping

2 Likes

Fair enough.

Another fair point, although most of the flavors that people use in their juices are also not “real”, they’re lab created to mimic the taste of the real thing.

FTR, I’m not trying to start drama or arguments, I just find it funny that NET fans get wound up about the definition of what tobacco “really is”. And I’m not singling you out when I say that (and I’m not saying its bad to like what you like by any means). But it’s like pointing out that an artificial candy strawberry juice isn’t the same as a juice made with mf strawberry which is actually extracted from real strawberries. I think most of us know its a different thing, but some people love fake tasting candy-like strawberry! Same with tobaccos and “tobaccos”. Whatever floats your boat.

Ok enough rambling…lol

6 Likes

just making conversation. no argument at all.i have never used net aromas,i trust chemistry more:smile:

2 Likes

Cool. :wink: I tried hard not to sound bitchy…lol
I haven’t used nets yet either, although I do have a few websites bookmarked for some tobaccos that @Kinnikinnick recommended for making some! I’ve only started using tobacco flavors recently, but I’m really loving the ry4 type stuff and I’m super excited to dig into other tobaccos!

2 Likes

english is not my native language,so i thought i might sound a little like…well like an ass!sorry if i did,certainly i had no intention to do so.i am a tobacco enthusiast and almost all of my vapes and recipes contain tobacco conc.i.also,have in mind to buy some nets at some point.i have found that an italian nets company has a distributor in my country and i guess that’s where i make my first purchase.to be honest,i strongly dissagree with people making their own nets,but if they wish to do so that’s fine with me

2 Likes

Nope, you’re all good! I’ll have to pick your brain a bit about some of these tobacco flavors.

2 Likes

too funny, it has tobacco but isnt tobacco haha. Even though they may be mild for others…they are still tobacco flavors. This thread is actually imformative and I am enjoying it :slight_smile:

1 Like